Is it end of Terraria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePenguin77

Terrarian
Sorry for bad english, I don't understand it very well.

Hello. Since 1.3 came out you finally can fight against huge final boss - Moon Lord. Yes, final boss. The long-awaited Cthulhu. It means developers will no longer update this game? I've heard about new Terraria - Terraria Otherworld. So this game will be forget forever? I know, maybe they will add some new features like Hallowed boss or something but you won't get better items, because you already killed final boss. I don't think final boss could be worse than another one.

I don't like these animations in Terraria Otherworld, I just love THIS game and I really want fight againt new enemies, bosses using better and better weapons.

Dear Developers could you answer me? Is this game going to die?

Sorry for bad english, I don't understand it very well.

Hello. Since 1.3 came out you finally can fight against huge final boss - Moon Lord. Yes, final boss. The long-awaited Cthulhu. It means developers will no longer update this game? I've heard about new Terraria - Terraria Otherworld. So this game will be forget forever? I know, maybe they will add some new features like Hallowed boss or something but you won't get better items, because you already killed final boss. I don't think final boss could be worse than another one.

I don't like these animations in Terraria Otherworld, I just love THIS game and I really want fight againt new enemies, bosses using better and better weapons.

Dear Developers could you answer me? Is this game going to die?
As far as I am aware this was Red's last update, so it's possible we may see future updates after this but even if we don't that's fine. This game is 10 dollars and often goes on sale for around 3 dollars and has been around for four years now and had quite a few massive updates, and for free mind you. So I and alot of other people have more then gotten their monies worth out of this game and I'm surprised how much they squeezed out of this four year old game engine.

But there comes a point where all games must come to a end so if 1.3 is the end of the massive content updates for Terraria, I am fine with it. Especially if it means freeing up people and resources to help Red work on something even better then the original Terraria.

No, as far as I know, this will be Red's final update under him. After this one, Red will move to developing other games while Cenx (probably), Skiphs and Yoraiz0r will update this game.

Reactions: DCT
The Moon Lord isn't Cthulhu. He might be the guy that was hinted to kill Cthulhu which is why we fight Cthulhu's body parts.

Also he might not be the "final boss" either, and updates to the game aren't over. and Terraria: Otherworld isn't the sequel.

I can't say I'm not glad that the updates are still going. A change of scenery, a nice little wake-up call that says "Hey! There's something more challenging you should probably go do!"
I'm definitely getting Otherworld when it comes out though.

I think we must let Terraria go... We were feeding on 10$ game for quite some time now - game is at its best now (after 1.3 bugs and balance fixing is finished), there isn't much left to add and game foundation hardly allow something really innovative. We have Otherworld, and for those who want more of old Terraria we'll have Terraria 2. Not to mention finance side - it's time to give Relogic some moneys...

I think we must let Terraria go... We were feeding on 10$ game for quite some time now - game is at its best now (after 1.3 bugs and balance fixing is finished), there isn't much left to add and game foundation hardly allow something really innovative. We have Otherworld, and for those who want more of old Terraria we'll have Terraria 2. Not to mention finance side - it's time to give Relogic some moneys...
Someone is forgetting about mods...

The end of Terraria being worked on by original creator, yes. But it'll improve for a while, I'm sure. At least issues of 1.3 will be fixed and gameplay experience improved.

I think devs will update this game with minor improvements rather than new content. I would be happy if they would implement tAPI into the game and let the modders satisfy other players (I'm looking forward to that as Yoraiz0r is a member of Relogic :) ).

The updates will not be ending anytime soon, though Red will be, as stated, leaving Terraria's development.
The updates that are coming...I doubt they'll be major. Maybe some blocks for us to play around with or an accessory or two...

From what I've gathered Terraria: Otherworld is basically, Terraria: Tower Defense (With Better Pixel Art free DLC). I don't see much of a change aside from aesthetics and being tethered to a small area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom