Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

At least the mistake of implementing mobifiers will not be repeated on NT6.
And should never be, mobifier was a broken system from the start, nowdays feels like the person who added it was trying to sabotage the mod with a insanely broken system.
NT4 MoDifiers was a fun system, which gave a bonus to enemies in a small way.
NT5 MoBifiers (From a certain old coder) was broken beyond repair and he forced the difficulties of "champion" and "suicide" worlds to have mobifiers always on...

Last edited:
mobifiers probably just need better constraints
like it only giving at most 50% more health
and size being limited to maybe 200% the size

The size modifier was really the entire issue, generally speaking. The fact that the hitbox of the enemy stayed original scale made it far too obnoxious to hit a target and it made too many mobs unable to navigate the landscape. Enemies being given just absurd levels of power isn't so much an issue as a reality of that type of system. Sometimes the RNG kills you, oh well... but when you can't even trust where to aim to hit a target, and that target is fully unable to navigate anywhere? That is broken.

NT6 needs to have more focus on what it wants, the last NT was just too much throw to see what stuck and too much of it was unfinished, didn't work, wasn't compatible with multiplayer (the biggest failing of too many mods and certainly the biggest failing of this mod) or just flat out wasn't thought out enough to be balanced in the least. Take the reforge system, it was fun but having it tied to the Color Rarity of an item was, to say the least, dumb. It probably took most people 5 minutes to think, hey why not reforge this to a worse color to get a better reforge later?

The only way to balance anything is to put fairly strict caps on the power level of any one thing. Never add anything unless you know exactly where it fits into the overall game.

Personally, it's not the destroyer that's the problem, or the health of anything. I personally love the challenge of perfecting everything.

it's that damn knockback resist! I got the twins down low and then hit it to far away and it despawned...
Also, would mobifiers really make a monster duplicate itself in death?

On the fact of reforging: it should use items and a small amount of money to reforge.

Oh, and my WoF fight was totally broken: the WoF kept turning and tonguing, like it couldn't decide where to go.

I half want the reforge to stay the way it is just to do it on a last prism for ridiculousness but from a balance standpoint it needs to go

I half want the reforge to stay the way it is just to do it on a last prism for ridiculousness but from a balance standpoint it needs to go
IDEA!

Add a device dropped by Expert mode Moon Lord which activates a reforge menu with the old mechanics. Have it be paired with another item which resets the reforge on an item so that you can keep your [INSERT RARE ITEM] even if you reforge it to being useless.

Take the reforge system, it was fun but having it tied to the Color Rarity of an item was, to say the least, dumb. It probably took most people 5 minutes to think, hey why not reforge this to a worse color to get a better reforge later?
And
On the fact of reforging: it should use items and a small amount of money to reforge.
The reforging system was planned to work differently, it was originally going to use ores/items dropped from mobs to give certain stats to items, like increased speed,knockback,damage or adding effects to inflict debuffs, like frostburn,flaming,ichor,etc... but as the modding went on it was left as a experimental state which is the reforging there it is in NT5, if possible, I would like to nakano try it going back to the original idea of not increasing just the rarity and with it all the stats, but using the materials to increase each stats until a limited ammount.

The reforging system was planned to work differently, it was originally going to use ores/items dropped from mobs to give certain stats to items, like increased speed,knockback,damage or adding effects to inflict debuffs, like frostburn,flaming,ichor,etc... but as the modding went on it was left as a experimental state which is the reforging there it is in NT5, if possible, I would like to nakano try it going back to the original idea of not increasing just the rarity and with it all the stats, but using the materials to increase each stats until a limited ammount.
I think along with this, the items used should slowly get worse as you use them. For example, if 1 gold ore would give 5% bonus damage (which would be crazy), then every use it should give less and less. That way, late game you can't stack on the cheap stuff. However, using let's say 1 cobalt ore on a golden tier weapon would give a much higher amount, but would still slowly deplete. And vice versa to where using gold ore on cobalt tier would yield (next to) nothing.

Although, the sound of putting debuffs on weapons is amazing.
Even if for some reason debuffs aren't working on the player for me....

I think along with this, the items used should slowly get worse as you use them. For example, if 1 gold ore would give 5% bonus damage (which would be crazy), then every use it should give less and less. That way, late game you can't stack on the cheap stuff. However, using let's say 1 cobalt ore on a golden tier weapon would give a much higher amount, but would still slowly deplete. And vice versa to where using gold ore on cobalt tier would yield (next to) nothing.

This..is a good idea but I don't want to keep remaking higher tier weapons like the Terra blade..oh boy

Part 1: I think along with this, the items used should slowly get worse as you use them. For example, if 1 gold ore would give 5% bonus damage (which would be crazy), then every use it should give less and less. That way, late game you can't stack on the cheap stuff. However, using let's say 1 cobalt ore on a golden tier weapon would give a much higher amount, but would still slowly deplete. And vice versa to where using gold ore on cobalt tier would yield (next to) nothing.
------------
Part 2:
Part 1: The idea is good, but the degradation of stats would have a insane price later on as you must use each weapon a lot.
Part 2: That is a multiplayer bug, buffs work on yourself but debuffs aren't working on mobs, Acolyte Bless skill to give buff to other also doesn't work either.

Part 1: The idea is good, but the degradation of stats would have a insane price later on as you must use each weapon a lot.
Part 2: That is a multiplayer bug, buffs work on yourself but debuffs aren't working on mobs, Acolyte Bless skill to give buff to other also doesn't work either.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I like the idea, you just have to repair the weapons when they degrade and it costs coins. Let's say the crappier stuff wares out more and the more advanced items take a lot longer to ware out. It would give another purpose for having coins. Plus make the merchant class a lot more useful. Was wondering nakano, are you going to let us pick a main class then a second class? Because with all those classes you'd think it would be a good idea. Like a sub-class.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440098281,1440098229][/DOUBLEPOST]Like let's say, main classes are Mage, Warrior, Ranger for bows and whatever, and the sub classes will be things like the merchant class and such.

Multiclassing WOULD clear out Super Terrarian, freeing up space on the Wizard for a unique class. AND it covers that whole tiered classing thing I saw discussed earlier.

Let's say at level 20 class level (maybe in hm only) you can complete a different class quest to get the skills from that class to then spend the limited skill points on.

It'll allow for more unique builds while offering an option besides just maxing the obviously best class skills.

Multiclassing WOULD clear out Super Terrarian, freeing up space on the Wizard for a unique class. AND it covers that whole tiered classing thing I saw discussed earlier.

Let's say at level 20 class level (maybe in hm only) you can complete a different class quest to get the skills from that class to then spend the limited skill points on.

It'll allow for more unique builds while offering an option besides just maxing the obviously best class skills.
or you could just double up and get super powered.

and I'd prefer level 30 or 40....

But on the talk of classses... the summoner class...

1st off, what do bubbles, fists, and rain have to do with summoning? I can see the rain... but...

and please make it so each minion gives more than 1 by default from the noble sacrifice skill. Having 5k health and restoring 160 health is crazy... especially when it took you ages to summon all 40 of them...

2nd off, the less is better/more is better skills need to be fixed... like seriously.

Game: Would you like to have 2 minions that do 400 damage or 40 that do 150?
Me: Please fix...

or you could just double up and get super powered.

and I'd prefer level 30 or 40...

Well I said 20 because 40 is the new max... according to the teasers. And the limit is good, it enforces the unique builds stuff.

This is the problem I have with N5... we have enough points to max all of the best stuff.

So the points have no purpose beyond giving the player an opportunity to mess up and misclick on the bad skills that shouldn't be levelled. We might as well just get the skills at their max and get rid of the points because we can just max them out anyway.

Well I said 20 because 40 is the new max... according to the teasers. And the limit is good, it enforces the unique builds stuff.

This is the problem I have with N5... we have enough points to max all of the best stuff.

So the points have no purpose beyond giving the player an opportunity to mess up and misclick on the bad skills that shouldn't be levelled. We might as well just get the skills at their max and get rid of the points because we can just max them out anyway.
Who knows. Maybe the teasers were showing the 1st classes max level.
:naughty:

Back
Top Bottom