Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

The server program IS the third-party program. Yes, it came with the mod, but do you really think nterrariaserver.exe, which is running the world, is a player character that levels along with you?

The "world level" is a seperate stat that deternines npc levels as well as trigger for hardmode. In a classic rpg world, the monster levels are determined by the level of the character who's hosting the world. But if you use the server program, there is no character, and mobs will be level one.

Now I'm angry at you for making me repeat myself as if talking to an eight-year-old. Are you a little child? Did you even try to think about what was in my first response? Or is it that you don't recognize what you think is inconvenient?

server program cannot level + server program hosting classic rpg world = mobs won't level

That was explained in my first response, so in my mind, Nomad was right to ridicule you... even though he did it poorly.
Eh, to who were you talking that?

Also, why that tone?

Edit:. Forgot the teaser.
anteaser.png

Finally I found the Luminite ores, the bad is that I does not need it.

Last edited:
Nakano, I've been playing Free Mode as a summoner....

You must choose between having three slightly powerful minion....
or 30 semi-weak minions.

Might I suggest a new calculation rate?

Either way, great mod. Although, I have seen no bacon as a lizhard.
However, becoming a summoner is one pain in the :red:... waiting for Queen Bee, and hoping you maybe get the slime staff....
even if that means after you get the bee set.

...and props to you for scaring me :red:less with the spider realm on free raid mode with modifiers turned on. Maybe suicide also helped the spiders be bigger than my houses.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439952254,1439951672][/DOUBLEPOST]
View attachment 72625
Finally I found the Luminite ores, the bad is that I does not need it.

Hmm... max level increase.... but the class level is lower? Oooh... and a new HUD.

Oh yeah, and the fact that there are buffs(?) floating around you and luminite is in the ground.

The server program IS the third-party program. Yes, it came with the mod, but do you really think nterrariaserver.exe, which is running the world, is a player character that levels along with you?

The "world level" is a seperate stat that deternines npc levels as well as trigger for hardmode. In a classic rpg world, the monster levels are determined by the level of the character who's hosting the world. But if you use the server program, there is no character, and mobs will be level one.

Now I'm angry at you for making me repeat myself as if talking to an eight-year-old. Are you a little child? Did you even try to think about what was in my first response? Or is it that you don't recognize what you think is inconvenient?

server program cannot level + server program hosting classic rpg world = mobs won't level

That was explained in my first response, so in my mind, Nomad was right to ridicule you... even though he did it poorly.

U are a total idiot, you know? In the first answer, u said:

Need some info... are you using the external server? I mean, that's the first thing I thought of because classic rpg sets the mob levels at the level of the person who's running the world and since the external program can't level, everything would be stuck at one.

Maybe there could be a command that'll set the effective level. Or you could simply play normal rpg.

I ANSWERED TO YOUR QUESTION!

no, I created the server (and the world) with the nterrariaserver.exe file that comes along with the mod. when I level up with my character, sometimes the world go up of one level (and this is normal, i guess), but mobs are stuck at lvl 1. I don't wanna play normal (regular, u mean?) mode.

SO, why the :red:ing hell you answered in that way? Nomad was right to ridicule me?! So this is the mankind, in this century? Someone ask something and when I answer, you turn angry because... I ANSWERED?! Well, thanks, you know how to make pass the desire to play and write on the forum, to someone.

Btw, Nakano... u made this mod and you don't know how it work? Omg...well... i'm not an expert, but for make monsters level up, u can just raise them along with the world level, in the server mode, or you can fetch the players level and calculate some kind of average level for the mobs... maybe u should edit the mod for let players play in classic mode in multiplayer too.

SO, why the :red:ing hell you answered in that way? Nomad was right to ridicule me?! So this is the mankind, in this century? Someone ask something and when I answer, you turn angry because... I ANSWERED?! Well, thanks, you know how to make pass the desire to play and write on the forum, to someone.

Btw, Nakano... u made this mod and you don't know how it work? Omg...well... i'm not an expert, but for make monsters level up, u can just raise them along with the world level, in the server mode, or you can fetch the players level and calculate some kind of average level for the mobs... maybe u should edit the mod for let players play in classic mode in multiplayer too.
in a way he answered it with his own question... also naneko-chan has enough stuff to think and worry about... you might be able to relate to that if you would be making your own hardcoded mod for terraria.. and not only adding 1-2 items.
im probably speaking for most of the people who frequently visit this thread now, but you are being pretty rude there. pebkio overdid it with his response, yes, but he was right with his previous answer.

-snip-

says pretty much the same as

Need some info... are you using the external server? I mean, that's the first thing I thought of because classic rpg sets the mob levels at the level of the person who's running the world and since the external program can't level, everything would be stuck at one.

Maybe there could be a command that'll set the effective level. Or you could simply play normal rpg.

in both posts, he stated that the nterrariaserver.exe (which IS the dedicated server) doesnt count as player, but is a host in a way, thus the monsters which scale with the player level (for MP the host) have no valid character, thus level 1.

anyways.. ranting wont help you much. and humanity is doomed anyways so it doesnt even matter if you rant about how people are treating you.

This is someone...who has never been to reddit xD

It's because have some time I does not play or mod N Terraria 5, so I forgot some of it's tricks, beside I really does not remember seeying people talking of multiplayer Classic Mode.

Whats the latest version of this mod that works with 1.2.2?

Considering GL doesn't have a 1.2.4 patch yet, I only have access to 1.3+ and 1.2.2 and below.

Whats the latest version of this mod that works with 1.2.2?

Considering GL doesn't have a 1.2.4 patch yet, I only have access to 1.3+ and 1.2.2 and below.

That doesn't make alot of sense, he is tweaking the new version for terraria 1.3, which has major changes to the game. You can't just use a mod's version that was created in 1.3 in an older version, it doesn't work that way. This follows in with really any mod for any game. You can't just use a version with a mod that's for another version of the game, I don't even think It's possible and even if you manage to launch it in an older version, it will most definitely not even start or just crash at launch.

I think he means, what is the version that works with 1.2.2. Since GameLoader doesn't have a 1.2.4 patch version, he can only access Terraria versions 1.3 and above and Terraria Versions 1.2.2 and lower.

I think he means, what is the version that works with 1.2.2. Since GameLoader doesn't have a 1.2.4 patch version, he can only access Terraria versions 1.3 and above and Terraria Versions 1.2.2 and lower.

Oh. I don't think nakano will be using the game launcher, it can be something like It's own launcher.

Well... That's gonna be a problem for him... Since he has no access to Terraria Version 1.2.4... Well, best of luck to him then.

Well the latest version of this mod is for 1.2.4 was he not paying attention to the first page?

Oh I'm misunderstanding.

Wow gotta stop doing forums today my mind is mixing words up.

Ok, lets put it this way.

On the first page, near the bottom of the post, there are three links to previous versions of N Terraria. NT 2, NT 3.3.5a, and NT 4. I want to know what version of Terraria I need to run these versions of N Terraria.

So for example, what version of terraria do I need to run N Terraria 4?

Edit: I just downloaded them all and found a way to check each one. NT4 is for Terraria 1.2.1, and GL doesn't have that patch either. NT3 jumps all the way back to 1.0.0, and at that point I really might as well just wait. -_-

Last edited:
Nakano.... I'm not sure if N Terraria thinks this is funny, but I think I found a bug with the latest version...

kpFnZuZ.jpg

Yeah. While testing it, it seemed like while I was in this hole the slimelings would just rapidly spawn. Even worse, when they died, they'd instantly revive with full health, but still drop XP and items. I reproduced this in the same hole once again. Maybe it's caused by the hole? I'm on Raid Mode, Free, Suicide, RPG, and have Modifiers on.

Oh, and then, on that same world, I summoned this :red:.

QXBEvc1.jpg

As you can expect, I got one-shot for a little over 16 thousand damage. I don't think this is a bug, just my settings being trolly. However, the head was twice the size, while the rest of it was not.

..., Suicide,...
Well, there's your problem. Playing Suicidal difficulty doesn't do much of anything (IF anything) but forcibly enable mobifiers if I remember correctly, and those are terrible and buggy and terrifying. Raid Mode is the actual difficulty increase, so if you want challenge it should be safe to keep that on, but don't use Suicide difficulty.

Well... to bad my characters are stuck on this world.

Are you sure modifiers would make the slimelings never die? All of them? Eh, who am I to judge. I got a corruption key mold out of it.

Ok, lets put it this way.

On the first page, near the bottom of the post, there are three links to previous versions of N Terraria. NT 2, NT 3.3.5a, and NT 4. I want to know what version of Terraria I need to run these versions of N Terraria.

So for example, what version of terraria do I need to run N Terraria 4?

Edit: I just downloaded them all and found a way to check each one. NT4 is for Terraria 1.2.1, and GL doesn't have that patch either. NT3 jumps all the way back to 1.0.0, and at that point I really might as well just wait. -_-
There is a way to play NT5 on 1.2.4 without GL. I'm surprised Nomad missed it, but this is the commonly-answered question "how can I play previous version of N Terraria while we wait?".

I suppose it's because you just went into the topic of 1.2.2. Btw, GL still hasn't been updated as you can't downgrade to 1.2.4.1. How'd you get it to work on 1.3?

Regardless, just go to page 121 of this thread. On there you'll find a dl for the images folder that'll let you run 1.2.4.1 by renaming nterraria.exe to terraria.exe

Last edited:
I turned off Mobifiers, and went into another hole in the corruption. Different hole, same problem.
Either it's suicidal difficulty itself, or a bug.

ugzJ7M7.jpg

It's just when one of them spawns... they multiply...

Here are my settings as proof, these were the same before and after:

OrbvtiG.jpg

I wouldn't mind this if it didn't lag me to death. :sigh:

Btw, GL still hasn't been updated as you can't downgrade to 1.2.4.1. How'd you get it to work on 1.3?

The main GL thread post says it works for 1.3 so I just assumed and downloaded it. It let me install it and registered the 1.3 version of terraria without any mods but I didn't have any 1.3 mods to test it further. Although 1.2.4 wasn't in the patch list it did still let me downgrade to 1.2.2.

Regardless, just go to page 121 of this thread. On there you'll find a dl for the images folder that'll let you run 1.2.4.1 by renaming nterraria.exe to terraria.exe

Thanks! Glad there was a solution after all!

Back
Top Bottom