Weapons & Equip Venomous Magic Dagger

Dexterdude

Eye of Cthulhu
THE VENOMOUS MAGIC DAGGER
The throwing knife can be upgraded to poisoned knife , so why not ?
The Venomous magic dagger could have these stats :
  • 41 damage (magic)
  • 4 knockback
  • Mana : 7
  • Critical chance : 6%
  • Use time : 8
  • Velocity : 13
  • Tooltip : A magical venomous returning dagger
  • Sell price : 8 gold (i don't really care about sell price )
  • Has a 50% chance to inflict venom on enemies
  • About the same size as the magic dagger

It could be crafted like this :
  • 1 magic dagger
  • 2 chlorophyte bars
  • 10 souls of fright
  • 1 vial of venom
The venomous magic dagger is a hardmode post-plantera magic weapon . As you can clearly understand , this is an upgrade of the magic dagger , which is one of my favorite weapons . It behaves exactly as the magic dagger but has the stats above .

SPRITE :
index-1.png
Made by FedoraMaster03 !!

Edit : New crafting recipe , some other stuff , title changing (twice ) , added sprite .

Last edited:
[Not anymore] Anyone here is free to make a sprite if he/she wants to . I can't make one .
EDIT : FedoraMaster03 made a sprite , thank you ! I don't need any more sprites , it is now in the main post !

Last edited:
Poison is basically useless right now (in HM)- an additional 2 dps isn't much and really would not be more than a thematic addition. If you're going for a status based weapon use Venom.

Also, this is way too overpowered. Compared to similarly tiered weapons:

Light Disk: 263 DPS
Megashark: 214 DPS
Rainbow Rod: 261 DPS

This sits at 394 DPS- 396 with poison and 400 with venom. Fix either the damage or speed.

It could be crafted with 2 chlorophyte bars + Spider fangs? + 10 SoF (thats just my rounding though). Also if it would have venom not only would chlorophyte put it in a proper place since with the normal dagger you can wreck the mechs, But also the mana should be increased as well (kinda like the poison to venom staff) Id like to think the chlorophyte is coating the dagger and also giving it a venemous stab

It could be crafted with 2 chlorophyte bars + Spider fangs? + 10 SoF (thats just my rounding though). Also if it would have venom not only would chlorophyte put it in a proper place since with the normal dagger you can wreck the mechs, But also the mana should be increased as well (kinda like the poison to venom staff) Id like to think the chlorophyte is coating the dagger and also giving it a venemous stab
You are right , i should probably change it . Can a moderator or admin or ... change the name of the thread ? Also people which name do you prefer venom magic dagger or venomed magic dagger ?
Edit : I changed the crafting recipe and the stats (a bit), i am not sure about the spider fangs because they are only used for summoner stuff .

Last edited:
You are right , i should probably change it . Can a moderator or admin or ... change the name of the thread ? Also people which name do you prefer venom maggic dagger or venomed magic dagger ?
Well its technically still poisoned, People will still know what to expect. I think its fine with whichever name you decide to use in the description.

I still think i will ask for a title change ...
Edit : Thanks , whoever did it . (title change )

Last edited:
Poison is basically useless right now (in HM)- an additional 2 dps isn't much and really would not be more than a thematic addition. If you're going for a status based weapon use Venom.

Also, this is way too overpowered. Compared to similarly tiered weapons:

Light Disk: 263 DPS
Megashark: 214 DPS
Rainbow Rod: 261 DPS

This sits at 394 DPS- 396 with poison and 400 with venom. Fix either the damage or speed.
How about now ? I changed some things but most important of them is the crafting recipe , chlorophyte ! Is it still too strong ?

Off topic : How do you find the DPSes of the weapons ?

Before this thread i didn't know venomed was a word ...
It's not a word- at least not according to most major English dictionaries. I found a total of two definitions and neither are particularly reputable sources- one just doesn't have a reputation and the other is a user-based defining system, which isn't reliable even if you stretch your expectations.

By the way, the word you're looking for is venomous. Not 'venomed'.

It's not a word- at least not according to most major English dictionaries. I found a total of two definitions and neither are particularly reputable sources- one just doesn't have a reputation and the other is a user-based defining system, which isn't reliable even if you stretch your expectations.

By the way, the word you're looking for is venomous. Not 'venomed'.
Ohhhh i should ask for a title changing , again . I can't believe i forgot that the word venomous exists ... Would you prefer the name if i use venomous ?

Edit : i asked for a title changing , now i will change the word venomed with venomous .
It is not fair , why can poison be turned into poisoned but venom can't be turned into venomed !?

Last edited:
You should lower the use time to 10, as that would then be a similar DPS to weapons roughly the same tier (270 DPS) rather then have it excel over them, at an alarming current 355 DPS with a use time of 8.

You should lower the use time to 10, as that would then be a similar DPS to weapons roughly the same tier (270 DPS) rather then have it excel over them, at an alarming current 355 DPS with a use time of 8.
If my calculations are right , the normal magic dagger has a dps of 300 , let's not forget that the venomous magic dagger is still an upgrade to the magic dagger ( it doesn't have to be a big update ) , it consumes more mana than the normal one , i reduced some of the damage but i don't know how much more i should nerf it .

If my calculations are right , the normal magic dagger has a dps of 300 , let's not forget that the venomous magic dagger is still an upgrade to the magic dagger ( it doesn't have to be a big update ) , it consumes more mana than the normal one , i reduced some of the damage but i don't know how much more i should nerf it .
Oh yeah I forgot to take the original magic dagger damage into consideration

Know this is a very old thread but I love the magic dagger so I’d enjoy an upgrade of it. Only thing I’d change is increasing the size of it as well. Great spritework too

What a necropost this is! Anyway, I'm not necessarily against it, but I feel like it would just be overshadowed by the Venom Staff.

Back
Top Bottom