Mobile Mobile 1.2.4 LIVE in the next 24-48 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Its not normal how is 22% less likely than 11%? Bloodmoon has lower chance of happening but it happens almost daily but trav doesn't show up for more than 30 days? I even get more solar eclipses than him visiting
Its called RNG, I've only played a few days in game time since the update, and I've had the merchant visit 3 times. I also haven't ever had an eclipse with this character. Your personal experience is just good or bad luck.

Yeah, and as far as I know (unless of course they are in the cavern lol) all ocean fishing catches are unobtainable. I'm gonna go and fish in the cavern now, see if that is so.

I can think 3 things:

1) mix up of the fishes per area making fishes available in mismatched areas
2) error of detection of area when fishing, possibly detecting the lowest liquid in the world when fishing regardless of its connection to the lake in question.
3) Only Cavern layer fishes were added and the rest will come later on.

Has anyone found a living loom in the living wood chests? I have found every themed crafting station on their respective chests (those that can be found anyway) except for the loom.

Where are you fighting him. If you take hi away from the ocean he does heaps more damage. You can go as high as you want but don't leave the ocean. I died in my first 2 fights because I left the ocean and then the next fight I stayed in the ocean and won pretty easily.
I fight him in the ocean.

Im not sure but in the last update, almost all creature in the hollow seem to drop light soul
[DOUBLEPOST=1450102279,1450102192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone found a living loom in the living wood chests? I have found every themed crafting station on their respective chests (those that can be found anyway) except for the loom.
me too i cant find one

I have been doing the frost moon event and every now and then I find a zombie elf which has so much health. It takes me over ten shots with the flarion with the offensive beetle armour on.

Being able to zoom the screen out further would be great. Fighting the frost moon without even seeing the mobs ever is kinda lame. I'd like to be able to see what's happening.

Guess that's what I get for playing on a phone.

Anyone gotten a fishron trophy yet? Probably just RNG but I've killed him about 30 times without a drop.

Being able to zoom the screen out further would be great. Fighting the frost moon without even seeing the mobs ever is kinda lame. I'd like to be able to see what's happening.

Guess that's what I get for playing on a phone.

Anyone gotten a fishron trophy yet? Probably just RNG but I've killed him about 30 times without a drop.
In a tablet/Ipad, the screen zooms out much more. Also, if you could zoom out as much in your phone, that would probably affect spawns quite a lot.

Why? zooming out doesn't impact the tile limitations for spawns. The amount of existing tiles is still the same.
I'm not sure, but I think that playing in a phone must raise your spawn rates becaus there's more space offscreen for enemies to spawn. As I said, I'm not sure. But I guess the main reason why you can't zoom as much in the phone is the jogablity itself. It might be hard to see if the stuff gets too small.

In Terraria, enemies (other than caster types) spawn just off-screen. So if you are zoomed in (or low resolution on PC), that happens closer to you, and may appear to be more numerous or coming at you faster.

I'll defer to the Wiki information on this now: http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC_spawning#Spawning_Basics
I'll also point out that the wiki is likely based on the PC version code. Other versions, especially mobile/3ds versions with smaller worlds, may have different parameters to make sense with the diminished world sizes. I don't know, I'm not involved in any of the development of any version.

My main point was intended to be: enemies don't spawn where you can see them, except for casters.

Last edited:
In Terraria, enemies (other than caster types) spawn just off-screen. So if you are zoomed in (or low resolution on PC), that happens closer to you, and may appear to be more numerous or coming at you faster.

How does this explain the arena videos that show mobs spawning on screen at high resolutions? For example a platform 40 tiles above the floor, ground covered in lava 60 tiles on either side of a 20 tile wide platform on the floor. With the player standing on the platform 40 tiles above the floor, this leaves only the 20 tile platform for mobs to spawn on. It works. Regardless if the floor can be seen or not.

I've always read and been told that the spawn area is determined by the tile distance from the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom