Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Hum, based on what I saw on Game Launcher thread, it look's like as Game Launcher is broken.
Does someone is able to play the mod with Game Launcher?
Is that the reason why nTerraria 6 crashes when I try to start it through Game Launcher? I posted an error about it over a week ago and was not able to get any advice that solved it.
I'm guessing there's no way to run it without GLauncher?

I get this crash when I try to launch the mod through the launcher.

I have experienced this problem as well and was able to fix it myself

try this-
-go into your terraria folder (same spot you put the N terraria files)
-in this folder, there may be multiple executable files relating to "dotNet" framework. for me these files show up as "dotNetFx40_Full_setup" "dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64" and "xnafx40_redist"
-run all of these programs and go through the installation processes. some of them may already be installed, and it will say. just hit "close" if they are. for me, the third executable actually did update something for me, and it might for you
-try launching N terraria as normal from steam through gamelauncher

hopefully this helps. i literally just made an account on this forum to post this, as i had much trouble with this issue myself. if anyone else has this issue, redirect them to this post

thank you :)

I really need to start at launch ? I usually start just by N Terraria 6.exe and nothing else, and it works ... Or will they? since I got to the level in 1600 and everything and weak already that with 9k defense there who can go toe to toe .

I have experienced this problem as well and was able to fix it myself
try this-
-go into your terraria folder (same spot you put the N terraria files)
-in this folder, there may be multiple executable files relating to "dotNet" framework. for me these files show up as "dotNetFx40_Full_setup" "dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64" and "xnafx40_redist"
-run all of these programs and go through the installation processes. some of them may already be installed, and it will say. just hit "close" if they are. for me, the third executable actually did update something for me, and it might for you
-try launching N terraria as normal from steam through gamelauncher
Tried it, the first one said it was up-to-date, the 2nd one gets an error, and the third one using the repair option didn't help, nTerraria 6 still crashes when I launch it through GL via Steam.
Edit: On a whim I tried renaming nTerraria6.exe to Terraria.exe to make it launch directly through steam and it still crashed with the exact same error, I guess GLauncher is not at fault then.
Uploading the error message again since the previous one is a few pages back now.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
My boyfriend and I are really enjoying this mod! I played a bit of N with 1.2, but I've returned with the 1.3 update.

One question I cannot seem to find any answers to - The circling buff/debuff animations around my character are very distracting. With many on at once, it's really hard to see what I'm doing. Anyone know a way to turn this off/remove it?

My boyfriend and I are really enjoying this mod! I played a bit of N with 1.2, but I've returned with the 1.3 update.

One question I cannot seem to find any answers to - The circling buff/debuff animations around my character are very distracting. With many on at once, it's really hard to see what I'm doing. Anyone know a way to turn this off/remove it?
Try looking in the N Terraria options (main menu or in-game menu at the bottom of the screen). Should be there. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1449963944,1449963828][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tried it, the first one said it was up-to-date, the 2nd one gets an error, and the third one using the repair option didn't help, nTerraria 6 still crashes when I launch it through GL via Steam.
Edit: On a whim I tried renaming nTerraria6.exe to Terraria.exe to make it launch directly through steam and it still crashed with the exact same error, I guess GLauncher is not at fault then.
Uploading the error message again since the previous one is a few pages back now.
I suppose you already tried to repair it via steam?

Download the mod again.
That were caused by the biome playlist system that were deactivated on last version.

Hum, out of quests eh?
Have you tried to build an army to reach Wave 15(25?) of the Frost Moon?
Can you make the quest scale each it's completed ?
It's a shame i get 5000 Exp when i'm level 50.

And on your spare time, reduce the gold inflation :D

Hey Nakano, I've got an idea. It's bout the convesation we had in the Dead Branch section on the wiki. Well, the Racoon Box is really cool and I love it, but it drops only ores and some unique items. I thought of something, that can drop like EVERYTHING - ex. It can drop a deathweed or Terra Blade. That would be kind of funny if you ask me. But instead of making something similar to the Racoon Box, you could make a new quest which can give you any item. I know, it's kind of crazy, but well.. The quest doesn't have to be easy. (Daily Quest)
Please don't hate me because of that idea..
Btw, from Pumpkin Moon I had like 5000 items lying on the ground from those bosses, but Frost Moon... Kinda annoying when an 100kkk hp ice queen with 100kk def appears and you are killing her for like 15-30 sec...
( I play on freemode rpg, the regular mode is.. Too regular. I love fun and crazy stuff. )

Can you make the quest scale each it's completed ?
It's a shame i get 5000 Exp when i'm level 50.

And on your spare time, reduce the gold inflation :D
There are not currently quests pos hardmode.
Hey Nakano, I've got an idea. It's bout the convesation we had in the Dead Branch section on the wiki. Well, the Racoon Box is really cool and I love it, but it drops only ores and some unique items. I thought of something, that can drop like EVERYTHING - ex. It can drop a deathweed or Terra Blade. That would be kind of funny if you ask me. But instead of making something similar to the Racoon Box, you could make a new quest which can give you any item. I know, it's kind of crazy, but well.. The quest doesn't have to be easy. (Daily Quest)
Please don't hate me because of that idea..
Btw, from Pumpkin Moon I had like 5000 items lying on the ground from those bosses, but Frost Moon... Kinda annoying when an 100kkk hp ice queen with 100kk def appears and you are killing her for like 15-30 sec...
( I play on freemode rpg, the regular mode is.. Too regular. I love fun and crazy stuff. )
I may try to implement a random item function to Raccoon Box, but will have a chance of coming.
Also, try Hardcore RPG mode, or Capped Regular RPG, Hardcore Mode will boost the monsters status making
them harder, turning hardcore facing a monster of your level, but still able to level up by facing lower leveled monsters.
Capped Regular RPG never allows your level to go above the biome max level, making the biome be a challenge even if
you are higher leveled.

Hi does the fisherman class is still implemented? cause the angler doesn't seem to have a quest for me to become one, other than collect sea weed ...

Back
Top Bottom