Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay thank you so much 505 for that excellent update post........Oh wait I'm Amazon, and Amazon wasn't mentioned at all.....sigh

Lol

Not a bug but i noticed ios got a video option in the main menu while android not i really wonder what it does and why its not on android...

As for the hate on whoever ports this game i was not following the pre 1.2 mobile terraria news much but i saw that there was hate on 505 from back then and some user even said let EA do the port instead (wtf but i kinda wonder if EA could do a better job they dont mess everything up lol) and after releasing 1.2 i didnt see anything but silence from 505/codeglue then excuses for amazons 1000 month delay then they apologized for this and talked about 1.2.4 coming in 3 months, delayed it x100 times then said they want to squash all bugs and released this mess (i defended them many times btw) and gave ios a fast bugfix while android was promised the same fix to come fast but got delayed until yesterday (or was it today) and somehow on google play it writes the update came on december 17 (wtf).
Im sorry but within a year i lost any trust i have to whoever ports this and cant take them seriously anymore nor i believe a word.
And the situation gets worse by every day passing

Lol

Not a bug but i noticed ios got a video option in the main menu while android not i really wonder what it does and why its not on android...

As for the hate on whoever ports this game i was not following the pre 1.2 mobile terraria news much but i saw that there was hate on 505 from back then and some user even said let EA do the port instead (wtf but i kinda wonder if EA could do a better job they dont mess everything up lol) and after releasing 1.2 i didnt see anything but silence from 505/codeglue then excuses for amazons 1000 month delay then they apologized for this and talked about 1.2.4 coming in 3 months, delayed it x100 times then said they want to squash all bugs and released this mess (i defended them many times btw) and gave ios a fast bugfix while android was promised the same fix to come fast but got delayed until yesterday (or was it today) and somehow on google play it writes the update came on december 17 (wtf).
Im sorry but within a year i lost any trust i have to whoever ports this and cant take them seriously anymore nor i believe a word.
And the situation gets worse by every day passing
Am I the only one tired of seeing your posts? Seriously, this is a bug thread not for hate, which shouldn't really be anywhere. It's worth remembering that the next working day after the 24th for 505 was this Monday, so they got the fix to android one working day after they hoped to. That's not bad.

Also, the videos button does nothing.

Been following this thread since the update in December, and I too purchased the game via the TriAl version way back. Was happy to see that the update last night fixed my purchase issue.

One thing that wasn't fixed, that I see is still "pending" :
  • Game freezes and crashes seemingly at random (Android) - Freezes for about 3 seconds, animation stops, but player can still hear music and fighting/killing/getting hurt sounds, so the game still plays, but they can't see anything because the animation is frozen. After that 3 seconds, instant crash.
I was hoping this would be fixed, but I have to say, its definitely not. I would like to offer some insight to it though. I've found I have this issue on my current cloud save. I've had this world since an update closer to the summer time. It started to have issues as i progressed through the game, but often occurs:

1. When I'm at my base. Going up or down stairs, opening chests, moving items around.
2. If i've left the game to answer a call or reply to a text or look at the wiki, when i return to the game, it either freezes immediately, or shortly after starting to play again. I have to actually swipe the app from my recent apps screen and re-open for it to be playable for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Seems this may be memory related. I should note I'm playing on the following devices, both have the same issues:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - AT&T
Nvidia Shield Tablet (Original)

Both run Android 5.1.1 and should have plenty of RAM and processing power to handle the game.

I want to think that maybe the world is just corrupt due to being so old, but i really hadn't even played the world file until a couple weeks ago. Rushed through to Hardmode in that time, and kind of just dealt with the issues.

Anyway TL;DR whats the status of these "reported to QA" bugs?

Last edited:
Been following this thread since the update in December, and I too purchased the game via the Trail version way back. Was happy to see that the update last night fixed my purchase issue.

One thing that wasn't fixed, that I see is still "pending" :
  • Game freezes and crashes seemingly at random (Android) - Freezes for about 3 seconds, animation stops, but player can still hear music and fighting/killing/getting hurt sounds, so the game still plays, but they can't see anything because the animation is frozen. After that 3 seconds, instant crash.
I was hoping this would be fixed, but I have to say, its definitely not. I would like to offer some insight to it though. I've found I have this issue on my current cloud save. I've had this world since an update closer to the summer time. It started to have issues as i progressed through the game, but often occurs:

1. When I'm at my base. Going up or down stairs, opening chests, moving items around.
2. If i've left the game to answer a call or reply to a text or look at the wiki, when i return to the game, it either freezes immediately, or shortly after starting to play again. I have to actually swipe the app from my recent apps screen and re-open for it to be playable for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Seems this may be memory related. I should note I'm playing on the following devices, both have the same issues:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - AT&T
Nvidia Shield Tablet (Original)

Both run Android 5.1.1 and should have plenty of RAM and processing power to handle the game.

I want to think that maybe the world is just corrupt due to being so old, but i really hadn't even played the world file until a couple weeks ago. Rushed through to Hardmode in that time, and kind of just dealt with the issues.

Anyway TL;DR whats the status of these "reported to QA" bugs?
Wow nice work on the info lol.
I'm also curious as to what is happening with those bugs, I would guess that they are investigating, but it could just be that they have been told and haven't been able to take action yet.

Wow nice work on the info lol.
I'm also curious as to what is happening with those bugs, I would guess that they are investigating, but it could just be that they have been told and haven't been able to take action yet.

Ha thanks. I tend to go over board. Technical writer/previous software tester. I had more info but i figured i'd reel it back in a bit.

I updated the game and the frostmoon music is still planteras music,and the hallowed music is still the jungle music

Edit:the traveling merchant now swamps on the beach

Last edited:
I don't mean to get out of subject slightly but I don't see the big deal with traps, almost never use em. Sure the frost moon is the big wall right now but its no huge issue, heck the pumpkin moon is and was do able without traps and minions is a great way to run farms (not afk but monitoring is required). ATM I'm about to try the update and I'll leave any noteworthy bugs soon if I find any new ones. Hopefully I won't end up with a trial version but If it happens it happens

@YoshiGator, there are plenty of things in the game that I don't use either, but other players do so it can be a big deal when they aren't working.

Game developers must accommodate players who use a wide variety of play styles. In a game with as much variety as Terraria has, that's a huge territory to cover. I don't expect all bugs to be dealt with as soon as they're found. But eventually the ones that interfere with play should be addressed.

Speaking of which, I just updated Terraria on the Galaxy tablet, and I don't know whether the paid-version-reverts-to-trial bug has been fixed. I'm stuck at the eternally spinning Thorn Chakram. :dryadsad: Ohhhh well. [edited to add] Ah! Failed download. I'll try again in a few minutes tomorrow. [Bogart] We'll always have iOS, shweetheart. [/Bogart]

Last edited:
My hallow Plays jungle music, i am using the most recent android version on an sm-t230nu and also my world spawned with 2 demon alters that i have located so far and some hearts spawns inside eachother so i got 2 hearts rather than 1:joy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1452038395,1452038015][/DOUBLEPOST]Ive noticed one other thing, rather than paying the home screen music or file name music 11 (i think) it plays the original overworld song. The correct song is in the game because it is under files/system/android/data/505games.com/terrariapaid and it is one of the songs there but it doesn't play anywhere at all:golem:
[DOUBLEPOST=1452038613][/DOUBLEPOST]
@YoshiGator, there are plenty of things in the game that I don't use either, but other players do so it can be a big deal when they aren't working.

Game developers must accommodate players who use a wide variety of play styles. In a game with as much variety as Terraria has, that's a huge territory to cover. I don't expect all bugs to be dealt with as soon as they're found. But eventually the ones that interfere with play should be addressed.

Speaking of which, I just updated Terraria on the Galaxy tablet, and I don't know whether the paid-version-reverts-to-trial bug has been fixed. I'm stuck at the eternally spinning Thorn Chakram. :dryadsad: Ohhhh well. [edited to add] Ah! Failed download. I'll try again in a few minutes tomorrow. [Bogart] We'll always have iOS, shweetheart. [/Bogart]
I had this problem as well and the only solution is found was to uninstall and reinstall, hope you used cloud saves

Bug report: When riding a minecart and holding a colored torch (haven't tested with regular or ultrabright) the torch doesn't appear in the player's hand but somewhere else on the screen. The torch can come apart, and only stays in the area near where the player entered the minecart. Screens
IMG_20160105_170642.jpg
IMG_20160105_170742.jpg
IMG_20160105_170642.jpg
IMG_20160105_170742.jpg
hots attached.

I had this problem as well and the only solution is found was to uninstall and reinstall, hope you used cloud saves

I think I did a cloud save or two, but on that tablet my best character and worlds are local. With luck the Galaxy version of Holly, and her world Merveille, won't get trashed. I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow or another day. *knocks on Living Wood*

Fortunately my iPad worlds and characters are the ones I mostly play, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it were the end of the world. If you see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom