Casual Pet Peeves

Not going to read this whole thread to see if its already been said xD but my biggest peeve in this (terraria) game is that EVERY time i switch to the menu emediately enemies run in to beat me up. ;l

As for unrelated peeves, i hate how videogames are moving from unlockable replayable content to dlc in most contrays, gladfully not in the indie scene as much.

Another thing that really rips off my eyebrows is that fighting games these days all have super moves that literally pause the gameplay to play a flashy video that after having seen it three times becomes an obstacle, you could say it gives you time to think out your next move but i prefer a live fight where every single move can be parried, not when youre hit by a specific move you have to sit out the movie for the next 10 seconds. Soul calibur used to do this right, you could.. with the right timing, interrupt supermoves. Then they moved into streetfighter territory and ruined their own franchise with it.

Customers who insist on parking in the parking space I am sorting buggies in, even though there are many open spaces (some closer to the store even) nearby.

It's funny, because I wouldn't need to sort buggies in a parking space if people wouldn't make an absolute mess in the corral.

Incorrect grammar, more specifically without any capitals or a capital at the start of every word.

Like, I actually have nothing against this due to the fact I still probably understand what they're saying, but for my own sanity and your reputation I'd rather have you type correctly because my brain seems to auto-correct people like this so that they sound like six year old children in my head, no matter how intelligent I know they are >.>

I suppose that means I have something against it, but... still?

When people think "leave it to the developers" is for more than finishing touches. It's damn near impossible to give feedback on something that isn't there.

Also the u instead of you thing still is enough to make me leave a suggestion, no matter if the suggestion is good.

Christians and Athiests on the internet.
(This is coming from a Christian)
Internet Christians:
-Dislike/downvote anything that criticises their religion.
-Mostly only believe because their parents told them to.
-Never read any part of the Bible
-"All athiest will burn!"
-Never have any good arguments. Makes the rest of the religious people look stupid.
-Think that some guy on the internet will stand up and rejoice just because of some loser on the internet.

Internet Atheists:
-Think they are superior to anyone who has a different opinion.
-Rubs their beliefs in people's faces, and pretend Christians are doing so.
-Provoke arguments.
-Usually are more intelegent, but are snooty and arrogant, which is just as bad.
-Cherrypicks the worst parts of the Bible, which were probably translated or interprated wrong.

Can't we just let people believe what they want to believe? Any mention of religion on the internet cause these idiots to start a flame war. To Athiests: believe what you want to believe, and dont pick on those who do. To Christians: Read the Bible. Be educated, and don't let cocky narciscists tell you what to do.

NOTE: This is just a generalization based on what I see. Most people on these forums are awesome and never debate about these pointless things.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450472881,1450472839][/DOUBLEPOST]
Incorrect grammar, more specifically without any capitals or a capital at the start of every word.

Like, I actually have nothing against this due to the fact I still probably understand what they're saying, but for my own sanity and your reputation I'd rather have you type correctly because my brain seems to auto-correct people like this so that they sound like six year old children in my head, no matter how intelligent I know they are >.>

I suppose that means I have something against it, but... still?
Some people don't speak much English.

Christians and Athiests on the internet.
(This is coming from a Christian)
Internet Christians:
-Dislike/downvote anything that criticises their religion.
-Mostly only believe because their parents told them to.
-Never read any part of the Bible
-"All athiest will burn!"
-Never have any good arguments. Makes the rest of the religious people look stupid.
-Think that some guy on the internet will stand up and rejoice just because of some loser on the internet.

Internet Atheists:
-Think they are superior to anyone who has a different opinion.
-Rubs their beliefs in people's faces, and pretend Christians are doing so.
-Provoke arguments.
-Usually are more intelegent, but are snooty and arrogant, which is just as bad.
-Cherrypicks the worst parts of the Bible, which were probably translated or interprated wrong.

Can't we just let people believe what they want to believe? Any mention of religion on the internet cause these idiots to start a flame war. To Athiests: believe what you want to believe, and dont pick on those who do. To Christians: Read the Bible. Be educated, and don't let cocky narciscists tell you what to do.

NOTE: This is just a generalization based on what I see. Most people on these forums are awesome and never debate about these pointless things.
[DOUBLEPOST=1450472881,1450472839][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some people don't speak much English.
I'm a Christian, and I liked your post, because it's true.

On Topic: I don't like it when parts of my body just start randomly hurting, and it only happens when you do something that involves that part of the body.

Whenever people talk in a foreign language in chat when there are chats for that language already this just fills the chat with a bunch of people talking in Spanish that no body can understand driving people away from chat

What is poaching my eggs recently is everyone constantly screaming about how great Idris Elba is. All I can say is, where the hell have you been over the past eight years. They're the equivalent of the person that shows up to a raging party hours late and yells, "Let's get this party started!!". News flash, the party has been going on for a while now and is doing just fine without you. Luther is a great show that has been on for years and there is nothing, but he is in one Avengers movie and suddenly everybody is his biggest fan. Where were all these people when he was in 28 Weeks Later or The (American) Office or The Losers or Takers or Thor or Ghost Rider 2 or (worth saying again) Luther? These people aren't fans, they are just Johnny Come Latelies jumping on the latest bandwagon.

And Elba as Bond? No. Adrian Lester from Hustle all the way.

When a store advertises their "our previous sale just ended sale". Usually when they do so they do it loud and excessively with annoying commercials.

Also when there's a random 1 in the middle of exclamation points. What's that about?

When in Games, Anime, Manga, Books, Movies (Also applies to Real Life). Doesn't matter which medium when the theme of something requires the main characters (Usually humans) to kill Demons, Aliens, or any other form of aggressive lifeform/Supernatural Lifeform. Nobody bats an eye at the killing of these species that the Main Character kills. Including the most "innocent" of characters who strongly believe in "Thou Shall Not Kill" believing that when Demons, Snakes, or Cows are killed that it is "Not Really Killing".

Then reacting in shock when the Main Character(s) kill a Human (or Humans), even if the Human was an absolute menace and deserved to die, having a personality far worse than Demons or other species. These characters look in disgust at the Main Character as if they're a villainous Serial Killer ignoring all the other Species that they've killed. Goes double for when said horrible Human was absolutely doing everything to make the "Innocent" Character's life miserable and the innocent character gets mad at the Main Character for killing the Human causing them misery.

This also goes for the Main characters thinking they're not a killer for killing Animals, and then when they kill a Human, even if its the worst type of human to exist, they view themselves with disgust. What about the other life that you've taken?

Last edited:
I have a new universal peeve; everything to do with "the news"/"the state progaganda"

lol.

(netherlands here)

Whenever people talk in a foreign language in chat when there are chats for that language already this just fills the chat with a bunch of people talking in Spanish that no body can understand driving people away from chat
O, deya! Ch'to elya agelinad, v sta nye goloss ta bogny. Pravo benefaciy.

It's an expression of strong agreement.

When people think "leave it to the developers" is for more than finishing touches. It's damn near impossible to give feedback on something that isn't there.

Also the u instead of you thing still is enough to make me leave a suggestion, no matter if the suggestion is good.

When someone in the suggestion forums is like "oh I don't like that one small thing, no support until you fix that." Really? That one detail is the difference between total support and no support. Yeah that totally makes sense.
Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
The difference is that one is an idea barely fleshed out(like someone saying they want this armor and for it to do this and that[without enough explanation], but leave out all the stats, tier, obtain method etc), and the suggester's only counter to people asking for more details is "I'll leave it to them", and the other is a properly fleshed out idea, with maybe one tiny(or big) kink that someone somewhere decides it renders the entire suggestion unworthy for support.

Mind you, I've done more than my fair share of the latter, so I don't think it's that unfair.

On topic, when people deny a suggestion or consider it completely unworthy just because what it suggests can be used as a griefing tool, without even considering its usefulness to non-griefing players.

Back
Top Bottom