Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TERRORZ I don't think advertising on threads is permitted even if it's for an APK, and Moon Lord would probably cause some issues especially with Ocram considered the final boss for the version.

On topic with the thread, if you get the bug with a tool getting fishing rod properties you can just drop it and pick it up again instead of delete it for now.

Hi all,

Had a PM conversation regarding Amazon, and thought I'd share here what I shared with a fellow TCF user.

I do wish we had more to share! We in Support are all on the weekly status calls at 505, and there are still crashing issues related to cloud save sizes that need to get resolved with Amazon before the update can go live. We know everyone is eagerly awaiting the update, but we would rather not push one out that has these problems just to say we did, especially with some of the big issues that were in the iOS and Google Play updates in December. It will receive the same bug fixes and content, but iOS and Google Play had critical failures that actually went live, so those needed to be addressed as quickly as possible.

It's not a case of favoritism or us ignoring Amazon; it was simply what had to be done at the time. Had those things like the iOS7 cloud save and the Google Play repurchasing issue been identified prior to release, those would have been delayed as well. We continue to work with Amazon through this issue, and while forward progress is being made, it will still take some time to resolve.

Windows Phone is in a similar boat in that try as they might, the dev/QA team cannot reproduce the reported launch crashes. We understand that this may be difficult to believe, but we have no reason to lie, because a lot of work was put into the update, and we want as many players as possible to enjoy them. Terraria is a complex, growing beast of a game, so trust us that all platforms are of high priority and importance to us here at 505.

With that being said, thanks for your continued patience and we hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi all,

Had a PM conversation regarding Amazon, and thought I'd share here what I shared with a fellow TCF user.

I do wish we had more to share! We in Support are all on the weekly status calls at 505, and there are still crashing issues related to cloud save sizes that need to get resolved with Amazon before the update can go live. We know everyone is eagerly awaiting the update, but we would rather not push one out that has these problems just to say we did, especially with some of the big issues that were in the iOS and Google Play updates in December. It will receive the same bug fixes and content, but iOS and Google Play had critical failures that actually went live, so those needed to be addressed as quickly as possible.

It's not a case of favoritism or us ignoring Amazon; it was simply what had to be done at the time. Had those things like the iOS7 cloud save and the Google Play repurchasing issue been identified prior to release, those would have been delayed as well. We continue to work with Amazon through this issue, and while forward progress is being made, it will still take some time to resolve.

Windows Phone is in a similar boat in that try as they might, the dev/QA team cannot reproduce the reported launch crashes. We understand that this may be difficult to believe, but we have no reason to lie, because a lot of work was put into the update, and we want as many players as possible to enjoy them. Terraria is a complex, growing beast of a game, so trust us that all platforms are of high priority and importance to us here at 505.

With that being said, thanks for your continued patience and we hope you all have a great weekend!
Here is a stupid question: does your quality assurance team use any device to test the game on? If so what operating system?

Hi all,

But your not telling use anything you haven't said when is it target dare to be fixed how close are you

But your not telling use anything you haven't said when is it target dare to be fixed how close are you

Yeah that was pretty weak. Honestly @505 Games Support why don't you just release a BETA and let people actually test your game. Clearly your QA department can't get the job done. In fact, I'd be happy to write you some test plans if you need. I've done software testing for years. Seems like you guys need a little help.

Yeah that was pretty weak. Honestly @505 Games Support why don't you just release a BETA and let people actually test your game. Clearly your QA department can't get the job done. In fact, I'd be happy to write you some test plans if you need. I've done software testing for years. Seems like you guys need a little help.

It doesn't do people any good if hundreds of players get the bug but the people coding it can't. They need to find, on a technical side, what the issue is . . . they already "know" its there, and more reports of that won't help fix the problem.

As for more comprehensive overall testing, it has been stated previously that the team and system for that has been overhauled for subsequent releases, but not in time for this release.

As for "how close they are", with a technical issue like undiagnosable crashing . . . its literally done when its done. There is no progress meter saying "Oh, the problem is now 78% complete". They have shared that they are continuing to work on it, and until they make that breakthrough and solve it, it simply "is not done". If they had a date, I'm sure they would share it.

I don't know any coding or technical phone stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't @505 Games Support just ask someone who has the bug for their device specs, then get a hold of that device and see if the bug occurs there?

All I can say to that is "easier said than done". You'd be surprised how remarkably hard it is to replicate certain issues, even on identical devices (because in this day and age, no device is truly identical), not to mention . . . it requires split attention to a vast number of issues, and its difficult to focus that hard on any one and sustain dialogue and communication with (admittedly ephemeral and often hard to contact) forum members.

If you can't replicate it at home on your own, or get exact, precise details on how to do so, its almost impossible to fix, and the former isn't working, and the latter doesn't work nearly as well as you might think.

All I can say to that is "easier said than done". You'd be surprised how remarkably hard it is to replicate certain issues, even on identical devices (because in this day and age, no device is truly identical), not to mention . . . it requires split attention to a vast number of issues, and its difficult to focus that hard on any one and sustain dialogue and communication with (admittedly ephemeral and often hard to contact) forum members.

If you can't replicate it at home on your own, or get exact, precise details on how to do so, its almost impossible to fix, and the former isn't working, and the latter doesn't work nearly as well as you might think.
Some devices can't handle the amount of data being processed, my Sony Xperia m4 aqua with a snap dragon 615 processor over heats when I surf the Internet, when I play terraria it is a bit more touchy, if I have a world save with say 40 full Chests and the world is in hard mode the game crashes more often. On the other side I have had the problem of creating a new world and upon moving my character a few blocks insta shut down of Terraria. Also is there any plan at all to give us the option to transfer the Terraria app to our SD cards, because I have 23 gb of open space that need some filling and it would make back ups possible with out rooting my device.

The truth is a problem whit the minerals the first time you install no only that a bug whit you can multiplication your items every item you can built so please repair that.

Hi all,

I have bought this game yesterday and i'm disappointed I need a refund if you cant fix this problem.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453502675,1453502447][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi all,

I'm a windows phone user i bought this game yesterday if you guys cant fix I would need a refund please fix.

I have bought this game yesterday and i'm disappointed I need a refund if you cant fix this problem.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453502675,1453502447][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm a windows phone user i bought this game yesterday if you guys cant fix I would need a refund please fix.
I feel for you but they are already aware that this crash exists and are searching for it.
@Leinfors, I understand the sheer scale of mobile devices that exist, and how much harder that makes finding the bug. But from the sounds of it, most windows phone users have this bug. Let's just say for sake of argument that's 60%. That would mean there is a 60% chance that any windows phone that 505 have to test will have the bug. It seems to me the number is even higher, so how come they haven't experienced it?

I feel for you but they are already aware that this crash exists and are searching for it.
@Leinfors, I understand the sheer scale of mobile devices that exist, and how much harder that makes finding the bug. But from the sounds of it, most windows phone users have this bug. Let's just say for sake of argument that's 60%. That would mean there is a 60% chance that any windows phone that 505 have to test will have the bug. It seems to me the number is even higher, so how come they haven't experienced it?

Its not only them....its MS as well. I mean a repeatable crash is pretty much the literal definition of a submission blocker - and yet clearly the MS testers did not experience it either. Noone denies it exists of course....just that until they can get ahold of a device that does it, its elusive.

There are plenty of folks out there, I'll grant that....but I'm not sure how best to leverage that.

Some devices can't handle the amount of data being processed, my Sony Xperia m4 aqua with a snap dragon 615 processor over heats when I surf the Internet, when I play terraria it is a bit more touchy, if I have a world save with say 40 full Chests and the world is in hard mode the game crashes more often.
And this is also the reason why the game crashes more and more while you are progressing in the game. Now I have char that defeated brain, eye and skeletron and did a bit dungeon, the game never crashed during hours of gameplay. But I'm still afraiding that at one point my world save might be overcome my samsung tab 3's dual-core processor. So more gameplay and more experince of the update.
Also, my game sometimes reverting to trial when I had no internet connection but with a proper connection everything is going good, at least for now...

Screenshots from a friend;
Dying with 400 health and then respawning with just 100 health
View attachment 92926
Entering the Temple before defeating Plantera still possible(he just started the game and beat Wall of Flesh, not any Mech Boss)
View attachment 92925
The tooltip for Drax says "Picksaw" instead of "Hamdrax"
View attachment 92927
Some or all of these may not be bugs but all of them different from what they're intended.(At least for me)
The tooltip for the Drax is supposed to say Picksaw. You always despawn with one hundred health no matter what. Entering the Temple is possible. All you need is a Picksaw or a Temple Key. You just can't summon Golem without defeating the overgrown monstrosity of the jungle. (Plantera)

Reserved for future updates
I need help with this issue that my having.
Screenshot_2016-01-22-21-04-22.png
please help if you know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom