tAPI jordan's mods.

Grappling hook armour was already considered, as well as some of the accessory effects. Well it were to have blowgun like things attached it would infer that you blow on it to fire the darts which is not the case.
I know, but in my personal opinion it looks like a slightly smaller version of the minigun. I'll still download it regardless.

Howdy all!

I thought it would be a good idea to post a few updates on things as progress is going well:
jFlail is nearing a stage at which it may be deemed half complete, at which point I will be releasing it as an open beta. To start the beta will include all pre-HM flails, easymode recipes (1 dirt, for testing purposes) and some interesting effects added to the flails. The mod will move out of beta once all base flails are added for HM. After that you will see maybe a couple more updates adding only a few more flails, after which I will consider this mod complete.

jExo hasn't made too much progress coding wise unfortunately. I have been putting it off due to the tAPI docs not being completed, and also so I could learn a little more in terms of coding. Most sprites are complete thanks to nealpd and Cireus, so a big thanks to them. I'll leave you guys with a little text-based spoiler:
The first update is looking at adding a wide range of items, from melee to summoner. There are some awesome things being added, alongside a huge range of possibilities for everything in terms of modifications, you will be able to customise things until you drop basically. You will be able to modify whether, for example, your melee attacks have projectiles, or whether your guns do insane damage but low accuracy. We will not be limiting it there, you will find a whole range of things to tinker and I will get to filling you guys in on more of that information in future updates.

jMalevolency will be one of my next big mods to tackle. This mod will add evil/dark content that stretches across the entire game, adding new weapons, mechanics, bosses, npcs, tools, tiles and more! I have a rough idea of what is coming in this mod, however I think it's best to let that wait for a later date.

Also if you are watching this thread and haven't joined the social forums, now is a great time to do so: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?social-forums/jordans-mods-discussion-group.48/
I will be discussing with the team whether or not to release an open beta tomorrow, so make sure you're there in case that happens!

sorry if im being rude but is there going to be a download?

This was posted 3 posts before yours and the post above is actually quoting it. Please do have a quick search before posting things such as this
I'll upload a public beta tomorrow, with two versions for download; the first allowing crafting flails out of 1 dirt each and the second with the actual or placeholder (in some cases) recipes!

sorry if im being rude but is there going to be a download?
Of course you aren't being rude, i'm a bit impatient myself :p
Currently, the ETA for an early beta of jFlail is tomorrow on the social forum, http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?social-forums/jordans-mods-discussion-group.48/
On the other hand, jExo is currenty in development and we can't really give an eta on that quite yet.
But trust me, we have big plans for the future (/^▽^)/
Edit: Also Dammit jordan you nanger

Of course you aren't being rude, i'm a bit impatient myself :p
Currently, the ETA for an early beta of jFlail is tomorrow on the social forum, http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?social-forums/jordans-mods-discussion-group.48/
On the other hand, jExo is currenty in development and we can't really give an eta on that quite yet.
But trust me, we have big plans for the future (/^▽^)/
Edit: Also Dammit jordan you nanger
You gotta pick up your game old man, I only just woke up and I still ninja'd you :D

So, where's the download for the beta versions of jflail that you said are coming a few days ago?
They are on the social forums as I mentioned in the OP and in my post, betas will be found there while full releases will be found in this thread and over there. It's just a way for me to center the discussion of the possibly buggy mods over there, among the people that are playing with said mods. I already found a bug in jFlail that managed to slip by me involving the chain textures. That will be fixed in the next update, along with Coral Crusher and Pumpkin Masher getting usage and recipes, and the String Shot getting a recipe. We might be seeing a recipe for the Moonfury as well, however I would rather put it in the sky chest loot table, same for The Snowball.

Other possibilities for next update include adding the Bone Breaker; a necro tier flail that inflicts a debuff that slows movement speed and decreases the ability to jump in players and we may also see a new sprite for The Stinger.

Hey Jordan, do you know where I can download Jflail? I click the link and it leads me to a discussion group thread. Thanks.

Hey Jordan, do you know where I can download Jflail? I click the link and it leads me to a discussion group thread. Thanks.
You need to click join on the right hand side of the social forums and then go to the jFlail thread, keeping in mind you need jLib as well. It currently is for tAPI R11; I will have a build for R12 tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom