Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Class system like Final Fantasya V? I am not sure how it would work.
Maybe each class with passive or active skill that is active all time?

long type variables.
Because I want numbers.
You get all passive skills you have mastered and class stats boost once mastered a class. Active skills can stay the same. Also in ff5 rather than a skill tree you learn a skill when reaching some class level. For each level you gain 1 skill point toward all primary skills and further ones will be unlocked which would also be upgraded once per level if possible (or simply unlock the fully upgraded skill reaching a certain class level). Also for every 6 levels boost to related stats for one, or for higher classes every 3 levels (or for each level set a certain stat boost or even drawback at lower level). But if there are two or more classes with boost on the same stats, only get the highest one. Further maybe you can introduce ap which stay constant and exp higher with stronger enemies.
Also several new classes focused on summon and a advanced mage/ healer.
For the scope of n terraria overflowing a long should be impossible (what about exp gained from defeating enemies?). Though perhaps you did not enforce long during exp calculation since the base exp could be int.

Here I am again, experiencing serious bugs :eek: each time you level up your mana is set to your vanilla mana amount, without mana modifiers, resulting in my mana reliant supporter character dying every time he levels up, getting 170 mana, which is not evenenough to cast a single spell, char is entirely based on wis and vit, so i do not plan on using a mana flower to get a temporary fix ;-; could you look into it xD?

Btw, here a suggestion, an ascendancy system, where once reached the maximum level you can ascend and learn a T2 class, while T1 classes would be the only classes until reaching ascendancy. Maximum level should become lvl 100, then after ascending of course it should become lvl 1 (or lvl 0, for the sake of the skill points, god i hate those 298's, they are sooo not X00 xd) again, which then further should give you some kind of speciality point, to get bigger stat growth/level for a stat (e.g. you put that on vitality and get bigger defense and hp bonuses per level). And when reaching ascendancy level 100 getting an option for resetting the classes once.

To make it balanced, firstly, I would recommend nerfing the fighters bash for yoyos (LAWD dat fat perm dmg up for the Terrarian) and then add weapon specifications in T2 classes, something like Blacksmith for hammers, Trickster for yoyos, Barbarians for axes, knights for shield+sword simultanously combat etc. etc.
->So what I'm saying is: make T1 classes more like all-rounders, like they already are, with a wider spectrum of specs per class tho, and T2 classes with weapon/equipment specs, since I find the Templar way tooooooooooooo op right now, especially for mages/rangers
[DOUBLEPOST=1456906883,1456906519][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw², the first aid skill is useless without scalings and just makes NPPlayers stop their mana regeneration :'p.

Senpai! i have a warrior and he has a paladin shield.. but.. is it me or the shield doesnt have an effect on the other npplayers and me.. the warrior is an npp, think such could be fixed? x3

@Nakano15
FF5 like, Templar:
level 1: +1 VIT, +1 WIS, -1 AGI, Spear Mastery lv10, ap 500
level 2: +3 VIT, +2 WIS, -3 AGI, Tank Mode lv 10, ap 1500
level 3: +4 VIT, +2 WIS, -2 AGI, Medicine lv 10, ap 3000
level 4: +5 VIT, +3 WIS, -1 AGI, Mount Mastery lv 10, ap 5000
level 5: +7 BIT, +5 WIS, Some other skill I do not use at max level, ap 10000
You can only train one class at a time, but all the passive skills/ stats boost carry over and all active skills are accessable in UI. Stats boost apply when mastered.

Last edited:
how is the progress on multiplayer going?
There were 0% progress on teh last 3 months.
You get all passive skills you have mastered and class stats boost once mastered a class. Active skills can stay the same. Also in ff5 rather than a skill tree you learn a skill when reaching some class level. For each level you gain 1 skill point toward all primary skills and further ones will be unlocked which would also be upgraded once per level if possible (or simply unlock the fully upgraded skill reaching a certain class level). Also for every 6 levels boost to related stats for one, or for higher classes every 3 levels (or for each level set a certain stat boost or even drawback at lower level). But if there are two or more classes with boost on the same stats, only get the highest one. Further maybe you can introduce ap which stay constant and exp higher with stronger enemies.
Also several new classes focused on summon and a advanced mage/ healer.
For the scope of n terraria overflowing a long should be impossible (what about exp gained from defeating enemies?). Though perhaps you did not enforce long during exp calculation since the base exp could be int.
If I do that, I will really turn the mod into Final Fantasy V isn't?
All that is missing are the crystal blocks to give classes and Exdeath(Beside Redigit outfit remember him a lot).
Here I am again, experiencing serious bugs :eek: each time you level up your mana is set to your vanilla mana amount, without mana modifiers, resulting in my mana reliant supporter character dying every time he levels up, getting 170 mana, which is not evenenough to cast a single spell, char is entirely based on wis and vit, so i do not plan on using a mana flower to get a temporary fix ;-; could you look into it xD?
Ops, I will look into that issue.
Senpai! i have a warrior and he has a paladin shield.. but.. is it me or the shield doesnt have an effect on the other npplayers and me.. the warrior is an npp, think such could be fixed? x3
The Paladin Shield will need a little rescript to work on single player, since it's script is entirelly multiplayer.

There were 0% progress on teh last 3 months.

If I do that, I will really turn the mod into Final Fantasy V isn't?
All that is missing are the crystal blocks to give classes and Exdeath(Beside Redigit outfit remember him a lot).

Ops, I will look into that issue.

The Paladin Shield will need a little rescript to work on single player, since it's script is entirelly multiplayer.
What is used to express base exp of enemies? Int or long? Is long enforced during calculation?
And just because the leveling system is similar does not mean it is the same. N terraria doesn't have the most original leveling system and since everything is reworked since 6 ability to change class while keeping those skills is a great. Not to mention the time when nt4 have super terranian.

Last edited:
What is used to express base exp of enemies? Int or long? Is long enforced during calculation?
And just because the leveling system is similar does not mean it is the same. N terraria doesn't have the most original leveling system and since everything is reworked since 6 ability to change class while keeping those skills is a great. Not to mention the time when nt4 have super terranian.
What does you mean by long enforced? And yes, I use long for enemy exp aswell.

What does you mean by long enforced? And yes, I use long for enemy exp aswell.
Not when calculating the final value to add to player but the one base value used in calculating the final exp. For example the twins is at 80, the base value of the twins is 1,000, then it gives 80,000(I do not know how it is calculated and definitely much above 80,000, but this is just an example) exp. Is this base value int? Also when referencing player level and enemy levels they most likely use int which would cause large long to overflow, possibly giving 0 exp.
long enemyExp = (long) npc.getExp() * (npc.getLevel() - player.getLevel()) / 10 * npc.getLevel(); or something. the important thing is (long) if any of the field is int or something even smaller. (If I recall correctly the highest level in free mode is 255 for player which might be stored as a byte)
Besides, ff5 is one of the few games where bosses gives 0 exp, beside ff6.

Not when calculating the final value to add to player but the one base value used in calculating the final exp. For example the twins is at 80, the base value of the twins is 1,000, then it gives 80,000(I do not know how it is calculated and definitely much above 80,000, but this is just an example) exp. Is this base value int? Also when referencing player level and enemy levels they most likely use int which would cause large long to overflow, possibly giving 0 exp.
long enemyExp = (long) npc.getExp() * (npc.getLevel() - player.getLevel()) / 10 * npc.getLevel(); or something. the important thing is (long) if any of the field is int or something even smaller. (If I recall correctly the highest level in free mode is 255 for player which might be stored as a byte)
Besides, ff5 is one of the few games where bosses gives 0 exp, beside ff6.
Well, what you say is that I need to refference exp values as (long) when making math?
Maybe is because of that the exp is not working as intended.

Well, what you say is that I need to refference exp values as (long) when making math?
Maybe is because of that the exp is not working as intended.
Yes, something is not long in the calculation and limit the range of exp and cause unwanted overflow. Enforcing the result as long might just solve the problem.

And thus, programing jargon begins... well at least to me :p just started on java programming.
I think it will end rather quickly. And exp problem will be no more rather soon, from a day to a week. I think type enforcement to force an object into its subclass object is rather basic to java.
Edit: Sorry, c does not even have class, I mean java.

N terraria could be harder than expert mode without high stats. Get a shield from turtles.
Thanks for the advice :) I'll try that, and I guess that'll help me get some intelligence/wisdom for more damage too.

Also, does anyone know if different wings will overwrite the Demon's wings in N Terraria 6? I know they didn't in 5, but IDK it it's changed.

Thanks for the advice :) I'll try that, and I guess that'll help me get some intelligence/wisdom for more damage too.

Also, does anyone know if different wings will overwrite the Demon's wings in N Terraria 6? I know they didn't in 5, but IDK it it's changed.
I would go with a flying mount. Just keep fishing for pigron (you can just start focusing on stats). Be careful of getting pigron npc when trying to get the shrimp. And celestial shell will do you quite some good.

I would go with a flying mount. Just keep fishing for pigron (you can just start focusing on stats). Be careful of getting pigron npc when trying to get the shrimp. And celestial shell will do you quite some good.
I usually wait for the UFO before I get a flying mount, wings are usually just as good until then ;)

On an unrelated note, I just get 868 luminite from a raccoon box, time to sell all of it ;)

Back
Top Bottom