Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progressing, probably,
Story wise, probably not
I mean the story probably happens as you take out the corruption/crimson, so maybe after a certain ammount is done it would trigger a quest or something. So the quests would be more spread out as to a larger world, as the game probably ends with a final boss after its cleared or something :)

giphy.gif
I'm bored I'm tired......

Last edited:
Looking at this again, nobody mentioned the enemies in the gold armor guy's underground swinging. There seems to be some skeletons with bows and a weird walking crab thing that spits poison :eek:
[DOUBLEPOST=1456586462,1456586440][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I need that Promethium Armor/Spear and the wings, looks so good!

Are they gonna make spears craftable in other world because it's pretty annoying having to find one whenever I want a long range melee weapon pre hardmode.

Are they gonna make spears craftable in other world because it's pretty annoying having to find one whenever I want a long range melee weapon pre hardmode.
Well it seems like they will. That promethium spear goes really well with the armor, so its probably craftable. I think shields are craftable too, maybe guns should be craftable, you can still find special ones but you can make some if u have bad RNG

Devs, one thing im worried about. The main problem with purifying the "Evil" (crim or corr) in Terraria was that most of it was underground and impossible to get to without digging forever. In Otherworld, will there be an easier way to purify the world underground?
[DOUBLEPOST=1456867311,1456867289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Devs, one thing im worried about. The main problem with purifying the "Evil" (crim or corr) in Terraria was that most of it was underground and impossible to get to without digging forever. In Otherworld, will there be an easier way to purify the world underground?
Or will it just take years :p

[DOUBLEPOST=1456867311,1456867289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Or will it just take years :p

Based on Gameplay we've seen so far, it looks like the Crystal Towers will purify everything within a certain range of them. It would be safe to guess that upgraded Crystal Towers have a larger area of effect so it probably wouldn't be as tedious as having to use the Clentaminator and Purification Powder everywhere like it is in Terraria. It will likely be a fair effective range which means you don't have to dig every square of the world.

Based on Gameplay we've seen so far, it looks like the Crystal Towers will purify everything within a certain range of them. It would be safe to guess that upgraded Crystal Towers have a larger area of effect so it probably wouldn't be as tedious as having to use the Clentaminator and Purification Powder everywhere like it is in Terraria. It will likely be a fair effective range which means you don't have to dig every square of the world.
This definitely makes sense. Awesome :). Another question I had is, devs, (or other people) how do you think the Crimson will work? Will it be a Expert mode/Game Plus feature, random like the first game, or you pick what you wan't for the world at the beggining of making it! :)

So.. what's the point of Terraria: Otherworld? I don't really get it, it just seems to be Terraria except.. looks different and has more corruption? It seems to just be the same exact game except based slightly differently..

So.. what's the point of Terraria: Otherworld? I don't really get it, it just seems to be Terraria except.. looks different and has more corruption? It seems to just be the same exact game except based slightly differently..
Tower Defense, Quests, a Story, its a different direction than the first one. A different path Red could have went down.
[DOUBLEPOST=1456966407,1456966291][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tower Defense, Quests, a Story, its a different direction than the first one. A different path Red could have went down.
Also its not just the art that is different, the music direction and other aspects are different aswell

upload_2016-3-3_8-0-19.jpeg

THE HYPE TRAIN GOES WOOT WOOT
I cannot wait! I'm fine with a short delay (but not a long one :p), and I'm hyped with swing grapples and the Crimson! HURRAY!
(EDIT: also when is it expected to be out?)

[DOUBLEPOST=1456966407,1456966291][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also its not just the art that is different, the music direction and other aspects are different aswell
I mean, that is cool and all.. but it doesn't seem to warrant a completely new game, especially if it's going to be so similar already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom