3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since 1.0.2 the Tsunami bow is glitched, if selected on hotbar, then moving directly to a melee or magic weapon, it will display that weapon as having lowered or heightened stats, when moving to any other item and back to the melee or magic weapon, it's stats revert to normal.

Vampire knives life steal animation are now very slow moving orbs that can't keep up with player movement, they will also come in from the far left of the screen, sometimes taking up to 20 seconds to appear on the screen

Spectre set healing set also shares same problem, healing orbs fly in randomly from the left with a massive delay, I also notice all my magic items use -1 to -200 mana, the first 20+ casts cost no mana, then my mana bar depletes

Magnet spheres projectile attack also now very slow, and very often misses targets, seems to share same issue as the vampire knives and spectre robes healing orbs..

Also, in the dungeon I found a chest near a door, I was unable to run through the door because the chest constantly had 'A' above it, had to click onto door with cursor or mine it to get through

Caster AI still broken, not sure if this was tested? they still teleport on first hit received

Goldfish are no longer worth anything to vendors and no longer auto stack in the inventory, also can no longer be eaten for 20hp

Having master ninja gear equipped requires double pressing left or right to dodge, however with a webslinger in the inventory, you can jump left or right along with 'A' and you will dodge and grapple simultaneously. Does not worth without a grappling hook.

Holy arrows summon no falling stars, although they explode on impact with the same animation, no stars fall from the sky

Cant reforge the majority of items from Duke Fishron

Last edited:
Reactions: bup
If I grapple up, I am unable (while hanging) to move the d-pad to precision build/drill etc. I also built a wooden house underwater. When I grapple up and hang, the bubbles appear telling me I'm running out of oxygen despite having a Neptune Shell equipped. This is with the newest update on original 3ds. Also had unresponsive d-pad when I was inside a small wooden house at night, with rainbow brick walls and several enemies outside. The game slowed down a lot causing the cursor to become slow and ultimately unresponsive.

On the plus side, long save times have gone.
The music is more in line with the biome you are in. It doesn't randomly crash anymore.

Since the new update, while grappling it is impossible to move the cursor to build using the d-pad. It's made building very difficult.

So far I'm happy with Terraria on the 3DS. Yes it runs a bit slow on the old 3ds compared to the NEW 3ds, but none the less still fun. The 3ds has the best controls for the game in my opinion, and being able to take it anywhere and play it is a huge plus to me! Yes online would be nice, and yes more this and more that would be nice as well. But for a game that felt like it came out of no where, they are doing damn good at it. I don't play Minecraft anymore because of this game. And knowing that there will be updated to add new content every so often is exciting as hell!

This is a fairly common graphical glitch, and doesn't affect gameplay at all. Just try your best at ignoring it.
I realized it doesn't affect gameplay when the game didn't crash from using -1000 mana... haha. And just ignoring it isn't the point of this thread. It's about bringing any glitch or bug to their attention, whether it be game breaking or graphically misplaced to have it fixed.

Okay guys, I have some bad news to report.

European gamers will get the patch later this week, but we hit a last-minute snag with the American version. I know you guys are sick of hearing about delays, and I want to be totally transparent about what happened.

As the update adds new content, the save games cannot be be backwards compatible. If you have a 1.02 save and you roll your game back to 1.00, the save game won't work on the older version. It can't: if your save game has v1.02 items, the 1.00 game won't know what they are. So save games not being backwards compatible is expected - and necessary - behaviour.

Unfortunately, we didn't 'future proof' the 1.00 code properly. Instead of it saying 'that save is from a newer version, I can't load that', the game tried to load it and encountered a fatal error. Nintendo of America needed us to implement this differently so that the fatal error was avoided.

Fixing that is tricky, because we can't go back and add code to the 1.00 version to handle this better. That version is out there and on carts. Instead, we had to change how 1.02 deals with save games.

So now, when you update to 1.02 the game changes the save games so that a rolled back 1.0 version no longer recognises them as save games. So if you roll back, you get nothing.

When patching, we already had a warning in place saying that unpatching would render the save games unusable. So all of this behaviour is intended.

There should never be a reason to roll back on the EU version, but if you do the saves will not load.

Rolling back on the US game means you will not see any saves - but they will be there for you again when you re-update.

It's absolutely on us to have handled this better, and we were happy to work with Nintendo to find a solution. I'll keep you posted on the progress through submission and the go-live date once I get it.

Apologies.
GOD FREAKING DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

I realized it doesn't affect gameplay when the game didn't crash from using -1000 mana... haha. And just ignoring it isn't the point of this thread. It's about bringing any glitch or bug to their attention, whether it be game breaking or graphically misplaced to have it fixed.
Exactly. No point having the thread otherwise. Plus I find stuff like that a bit annoying as it's part of the game, it's wrong and I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FLIPPIN HECK IT SAYS haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom