Recent content by Kym

1. Kym

Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

New Zealand has declared a National State of Emergency today and is in total lock down for at least 4 weeks as of 11.59pm. Police are patrolling and enforcing that everyone stay in their houses to stop the spread of Covid 19. Noone is allowed to leave except to access essential supplies. No...
  2. Kym

Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Bleh, i thought this was a purposeful dev change and it didnt even occur to me that it was part of 751 because it was loading the color blocks, not just an empty screen and I had no pop up error messages. But after two days of trying everything and accidentally finding the "show textures"...
  3. Kym

Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Heya, Im a long time lover of t-edit but havent been on recently.. So much so, I never play my maps, I just make make make haha! I have just updated to the newest version and now when im 100% zoomed in the sprites and textures arent showing like they used to, everything is just color coded...
  4. Kym

Safe-Logic Airlock system to enter underwater buildings

You're exactly right, the pump does make the water level rise and that's exactly what Ive done with a lava drain at sea level. Its the perfect combination as my world has a LOT of outlet pumps. I reckon I've got 20 or so right now and I'm not even half done with my map so I have to have the lava...
  5. Kym

Yeah, I used to make drains with lava and a hell forge on top but the problem with lava drains though is that gradually the worlds water level will drop. I liked the idea of pumping it back up to the surface. I usually use bubble stops when I'm mining through lakes etc in game, but wanted to...
  6. Kym

Its 2am here, Ive been terraria building for literally... ugh... 16 hours :D

Its 2am here, Ive been terraria building for literally... ugh... 16 hours :D
  7. Kym

Sleeeeeep, need sleep....

Sleeeeeep, need sleep....
  8. Kym

Finally figured out how to fix the transparent blocks glitch loading TEdit worlds. *cross-eyed*

Finally figured out how to fix the transparent blocks glitch loading TEdit worlds. *cross-eyed*
  9. Kym

Yeah do it! My first try using them i went round in circles about 4 times just trying to get the lights to go on and off at dawn/dusk because i didnt realise you needed two different logic boxes (one for day, one for night) but its worth it when you get it.
  10. Kym

Gemspark Hall of Acheivements

New and improved Hall of Achievements. A few changes. Submerged the entire building under the sea. It's now a palace in Atlantis. Added a fully automated mechanical airlock on the left side of the trophy hall. Filled the domes and windows with water A few minor adjustments to textures and...
  11. Kym

Kym's Build Journal

So Rariaz, I made my new mechanical project... :D Safe-Logic Airlock System Dont have a youtube channel sorry. I might get one later when I have more content, but there is a playtv video demo I just made in the Airlock link above showing how it works. Just excuse my crazy accent haha!
  12. Kym

As part of my underwater server I have been building airlocks for a while, but I quit when I realised there was just no way to make them server safe. It was too easy for people to come in, press the buttons and flood everything. The options were to leave the pumps running constantly, which...
  13. Kym

Kym's Build Journal

Thank you so much! So pleased someone noticed the pillars because they were kind of a "wheeeee!" moment when they worked! I'm addicted to combining/overlapping sprites now. Glad to find someone after my own heart hehe <3 Oh gawd, I totally just wrote a big spoiler for my big project as a...
  14. Kym

Shark Tank

Thanks!! I used T-Edit to put them in. I really wanted them to help give the illusion of a layer of glass that they would be stuck too. Adds a bit of depth :) I thought they might fall off when I opened the world in game but they just hang there and harvest etc as usual. Thank you thank you!
  15. Kym

Shark Tank

Shark Tank Used a little bit of this and that to create a shark tank. Some interesting experiments in this. Added Mithryl ore for the sparkle effect but painted it to make it look like natural stone. Copy and pasted individual squares of background sprites in tedit so there were no funky gaps...
Back
Top Bottom