Other Community Suggestion Thread: A Compilation of Suggestions

While you're right about Tikis and Pirates being heavily outclassed, you couldn't be farther from the truth for Optic and Deadly Sphere, and Sanguine isn't that great for pure Summoner, either.
I'm assuming you haven't played 1.4.4? Because in that update, Optic and Deadly Spheres were buffed significantly, while Sanguine and Blade were nerfed, Sanguine incidentally due to a bug fix, but still a nerf.

For comparisons of each Summon at their base value, in the current version, which again I'm assuming you haven't played:
Sanguine Staff: 1.1 HPS, 35 Variable Damage, 38.5 DPS, Local Frames (Notes: More likely to hit single targets closer to you, than pierce through multiple targets.)
Pirate Staff: 2 HPS, 40 Variable Damage, 80 DPS, Local Frames (Notes: Practically unable to hit anything in the air, or if you're in the air. Near unuseable despite the DPS.)
Blade Staff: 4.25 HPS, 6 Variable Damage, 0-12.5 Piercing Damage, 25.5-78.6 DPS, Local Frames (Notes: 25% Tag Damage, but excellent at targeting and piercing.)
MiniSpaz: 1.75 HPS, 24 Variable Damage, 42 DPS, Static Frames / MiniRet: 1.5 HPS, 27.6 Variable Damage, 41.4 DPS, NoPierce, / Combined Total: 3.25 HPS, 83.4 DPS
(Notes: Use in open areas for their AI to take full effect, but you're still unlikely to mess up their AI unless you have a lot of weirdly placed blocks.)
Pygmy Staff: 1.5 HPS, 40 Variable Damage, 30 Static Damage, 60 + 30 DPS, NoPierce (Notes: Shoots 2 times a sec, but seemingly on purpose?, misses 25% of the time, and breaks in air.)
Deadly Sphere Staff: 2 HPS, 40 Variable Damage, 80 DPS, Local Frames (Notes: Solid targetting, and can technically hit more times if on top of an enemy.)

HPS, stands for Hits Per Second if that wasn't clear.
I saw the wiki It says nothing about a buff/nerf for these weapons that happen on 1.4.4??

I know it's kinda weird and gimmicky but I would like Ninja Armor to have increased ascension speed similar to amphibian boots, it's not a huge buff so you can add it to the changes you've made. I think they're generally fine, it would just be cool for ninja armor to have some more athleticism.

I saw the wiki It says nothing about a buff/nerf for these weapons that happen on 1.4.4??
Optic:
Desktop 1.4.4: Retinamini's lasers no longer pierce. As a result, they are no longer impacted by immune frames.Retinamini damage increased from 24 to 26.Spazmatism damage reduced from 30 to 21.Spazmatism now has more flexible charging range when pursuing targets.Twin minions now return to the player more quickly.
Desktop 1.4.4.8: Base damage increased from 21 to 24 (Spazmamini's damage is 100% of base damage).Retinamini's damage scaling reduced from 1.25× to 1.15× of base damage (still a slight increase due to the increased base).

Deadly Sphere:
Desktop 1.4.4: Drop rate increased from 1/40 (2.5%) / 79/1600 (4.94%) to 1/30 (3.33%) / 59/900 (6.56%).Damage reduced from 50 to 40.Now uses local immune frames.Aggro range has been increased, so it will attempt to engage enemies from further distances. Additionally, improved how its "dash" movement is able to engage enemies at a distance.Deadly Spheres now return to the player more quickly.Fixed a bug that caused Deadly Spheres to spontaneously de-aggro from enemies in the middle of combat.

Blade Staff:
Desktop 1.4.4: Now only gains 75% of the damage from whip tags.

Sanguine Staff:
Desktop 1.4.4: Knockback reduced from 8 to 3.Fixed a bug where Sanguine Bats could hit a single target more than one time if the player was very close to the target.

What wiki were you using?? If Fandom, that one is discontinued, use Wiki.gg, it's the current one.

Last edited:
@Lynxical agh, so you'd just like to see some adjustments to already-existing items, similar to what we got with Phaseblades and Yoyos [1.4.5]. I honestly don't see the point when it comes to most of the pre-Hardmode Armor Sets, outside of utility [like what we got with Molten Armor], but okay... I guess? 🤷‍♀️

Crimson armour's set bonus takes all your armour slots and gives you about as much regeneration as a band of regen, on average. The more you get hit, the more you move, the less it helps you, to the point where it is in fact essentially worthless.
Okay, so this is getting uncomfortable... only because I feel like I shouldn't have to say this~ but, you do realize that you're getting a Set bonus, in addition to..., right? Crimson Armor would be an upgrade, even if it didn't have a Set Bonus. In addition, if you're making a Regen Build, relying on just your Armor Set Bonus isn't supposed to be exclusive, in like... any game ever. This is true for Shadow Armor as well.

since when were hard numbers opinions? Night's Edge deals twice as much damage per target and on average hits over twice as many targets as Trimerang, and that's being generous to Trimerang. In addition, Night's Edge hardly even has to be aimed, simply being a large circle around the player; compare this to trimerang's small linear attack that tries its best to only hit one thing. This was never up for debate: Night's Edge is objectively far superior to Trimerang. Hell, Trimerang doesn't even necessarily outclass its own component parts, but I digress.
I'll have to look more into the discussion, but I do recall the Players saying that Trimarang was similar to having an early-game Light Disk or Bananarang. I'll test the two myself and give my own opinion on it, but this is what was said. Also, thrown Weapons don't tend to lock you in an animation, meaning the Player is able to Weapon-swap in a similar manner to Whip Stacking.

You're acting like we already have too much diversity, and more diversity is bad, what are you talking about with your first comment? Just because we already have some diversity, doesn't mean we can't have any more to make the game more fun with some more thought and viable items.
Dood... we literally have Frog Gear [similar to Master Ninja Gear], pre-Hardmode Wings and a TON of new Mounts. I'm still not sure exactly what y'all are looking for outside of more utility [which most Players here don't appreciate anyway]. In addition, what content pre-Hardmode calls for any of it, like... seriously? 🤔 📖

There's a certain term that y'all should become familiar with called "diminishing returns", there's only a certain amount of potential you can reach in pre-Hardmode that makes sense, before you completely destroy the balance of the game. For example, what more would the increases to defense to the Ninja Armor Set do, that couldn't be accomplished with Accessories or Potions? If none of those things were possible, then OP would have a point, but they are, so the amount of utility the Player has is the current Set Bonus, in addition to...

...the fact that I even have to say this feels off, because I'd assume that most suggestions would come from the principle of improving the game where it was lacking, and never the perspective of "what's wrong with having more stuff"? If that's where we're at now, I think I'm done here, honestly. 🤷‍♀️

Also, the ability to heal from Crimson Armor, is way less utility than Shadow Armor's increased acceleration, so I don't know why you're taking a jab at "not valuing utility".
I mean... if we're at the point where we don't appreciate free Regen, pre-Hardmode, I don't really think this discussion has legs. 🤷‍♀️

Also, guns aren't op. In fact, guns in my experience tend to do the worst DPS-wise compared to other options of classes damage, and yes, I even used minions and sentries with the other weapons, which hurt Summoner, but Summoner STILL came on top of guns. At least in pre-hardmode, which is where this discussion is.
...at this point, I feel like I'm being trolled.
Star_Cannon_%28demo%29.gif

And, as stated, facts aren't opinions, so again, what are you talking about when you look at hard numbers and call that an opinion?
I'm not having another number debate, it's a silly, short-sighted way of viewing the game, however... I will do my due diligence to see if there's anything to the Trimarang/ Night's Edge debate.

Last edited:
@Lynxical agh, so you'd just like to see some adjustments to already-existing items, similar to what we got with Phaseblades and Yoyos [1.4.5]. I honestly don't see the point when it comes to most of the pre-Hardmode Armor Sets, outside of utility [like what we got with Molten Armor], but okay... I guess? 🤷‍♀️

Okay, so this is getting uncomfortable... only because I feel like I shouldn't have to say this~ but, you do realize that you're getting a Set bonus, in addition to..., right? Crimson Armor would be an upgrade, even if it didn't have a Set Bonus. In addition, if you're making a Regen Build, relying on just your Armor Set Bonus isn't supposed to be exclusive, in like... any game ever. This is true for Shadow Armor as well.

I'll have to look more into the discussion, but I do recall the Players saying that Trimarang was similar to having an early-game Light Disk or Bananarang. I'll test the two myself and give my own opinion on it, but this is what was said. Also, thrown Weapons don't tend to lock you in an animation, meaning the Player is able to Weapon-swap in a similar manner to Whip Stacking.

Dood... we literally have Frog Gear [similar to Master Ninja Gear], pre-Hardmode Wings and a TON of new Mounts. I'm still not sure exactly what y'all are looking for outside of more utility [which most Players here don't appreciate anyway]. In addition, what content pre-Hardmode calls for any of it, like... seriously? 🤔 📖

There's a certain term that y'all should become familiar with called "diminishing returns", there's only a certain amount of potential you can reach in pre-Hardmode that makes sense, before you completely destroy the balance of the game. For example, what more would the increases to defense to the Ninja Armor Set do, that couldn't be accomplished with Accessories or Potions? If none of those things were possible, then OP would have a point, but they are, so the amount of utility the Player has is the current Set Bonus, in addition to...

...the fact that I even have to say this feel off, because I'd assume that most suggestions would come from the principle of improving the game where it was lack, and never the perspective of "what's wrong with having more stuff"? If that's where we're at now, I think I'm done here, honestly. 🤷‍♀️

I mean... if we're at the point where we don't appreciate free Regen, pre-Hardmode, I don't really think this discussion has legs. 🤷‍♀️

...at this point, I feel like I'm being trolled.
Star_Cannon_%28demo%29.gif

I'm not having another number debate, it's a silly, short-sighted way of viewing the game, however... I will do my due diligence to see if there's anything to the Trimarang/ Night's Edge debate.
You GENUINELY used a line of dummies to say a weapon's good, and said 15% crit is worse than 9% damage in PHM, I'm actually dying over that. I needed a good laugh, thank you! You have to be one of the least informed/experimentational Terraria players in the entire game, or really good at joking. Especially with the dummy part, using dummies for weapon tests is the worst possible way to test a weapon, but assuming this is a joke, you know that. And the whole, "I'm not having another number debate, it's a silly, short-sighted way of viewing the game," part, after posting dummies being used for a weapon test, pure gold.

If it's not a joke, and you need help explaining the kind of responses you've been getting, I can provide it:
L + Ratio + NoUtility + getfixedcat + SlowerThanBatBat + IncorrectTildes + 4Warnings + Consequential + NoNPCs + BoulderReact

Sorry for the double post, what do you see in Frog Gear? As far as I'm aware... Frog Gear is only Frog Leg, Flipper, and Tiger Climbing Gear, which are pretty... bad all things considered. At least compared to Amphibian Boots, which give you Running Shoes and Fleg effect.
I know what Diminishing Returns is. The items I suggested buffing do not break the balance, in any way, shape, or form, having an armor that's very good for its tier, if not the best, is fine. There will always be armor as good as it unless you make it better than everything to the point everything else is bad.
...the fact that I even have to say this feel off, because I'd assume that most suggestions would come from the principle of improving the game where it was lack, and never the perspective of "what's wrong with having more stuff"? If that's where we're at now, I think I'm done here, honestly. 🤷‍♀️
My suggestions were to items that are lacking in strength. You can effectively add items to the game if you make it strong enough since they're now viable and good.

Sorry for the double post, what do you see in Frog Gear? As far as I'm aware... Frog Gear is only Frog Leg, Flipper, and Tiger Climbing Gear, which are pretty... bad all things considered. At least compared to Amphibian Boots, which give you Running Shoes and Fleg effect.
I mean~ if we're at the point where all of these items, squashed into a single item, isn't considered good anymore, there's nothing left to discuss, the game has bigger problems than needing to improve some subpar Armor Sets. 🤷‍♀️

I know what Diminishing Returns is. The items I suggested buffing do not break the balance, in any way, shape, or form, having an armor that's very good for its tier, if not the best, is fine. There will always be armor as good as it unless you make it better than everything to the point everything else is bad.
Let me ask again then, what portion/ part of the game, do you feel that this buff is necessary for? 🤔

My suggestions were to items that are lacking in strength. You can effectively add items to the game if you make it strong enough since they're now viable and good.
...here's my issue, EoC at most [even in Expert Mode], requires a pair of Speed Boots, a decent Bow and possibly Max HP at minimum. ❤️❤️❤️

In what world does the Ninja Set desperately need a buff? I'm being serious... :nurserolleyes:

I always knew gladius was comparable in strength to chain guillotines. You guys should have believed me.

I mean~ if we're at the point where all of these items, squashed into a single item, isn't considered good anymore, there's nothing left to discuss, the game has bigger problems than needing to improve some subpar Armor Sets. 🤷‍♀️
Frog Gear takes 1 good accessory and 4 subpar ones and puts it together. At the end of the day, the only good part of the accessory is the Frog Leg itself. That makes it mediocre, especially since Amphibian Boots exist.
Let me ask again then, what portion/ part of the game, do you feel that this buff is necessary for? 🤔
Ninja armor, in my opinion, should realistically be strong enough to step stone into Shadow/Crimson armor as the "Classless" option. In its current state, it is not strong enough to do so.
...here's my issue, EoC at most [even in Expert Mode], requires a pair of Speed Boots, a decent Bow and possibly Max HP at minimum. ❤️❤️❤️

In what world does the Ninja Set desperately need a buff? I'm being serious... :nurserolleyes:
Ninja set should be competing with every other armor set at the same tier. At the very least, Ninja armor shouldn't be outclassed by Gi, you retain the same defense and gain 2% more crit, 5% damage, and 10% melee speed. That is unfair for Ninja armor to have one of its armor pieces outclassed when the full set could, and should, be useful.
Maybe it doesn't desperately need it. But it'd be nice. That is the point of the suggestion, they're not needed, but they would be nice to have.

Frog Gear takes 1 good accessory and 4 subpar ones and puts it together. At the end of the day, the only good part of the accessory is the Frog Leg itself. That makes it mediocre, especially since Amphibian Boots exist
It’s always been unfortunate that the alternatives to tiger climbing gear and flipper both provide more utility and don’t use any kind of slot.

For suggestions like these, I always fall back on the same question(s), so I guess I'll ask you as well [mostly in reference to the pre-Hardmode Armor sets].

Why?

What content do you believe exists~ this early-on to suggest such elaborate set bonuses, stats or features~ necessary? EoC? Blood Moon? Goblin Army? EoW? BoC? I'd certainly give you Skeletron or Enraged Queen Bee, but by the time you reach either of them, you'll have items like Spiky Ball, Vampire Frogs, Worm Scarf, Brain of Confusion, Shield of Cthulhu and Explosive Trap. I really don't see a point to any of these buffs... 🤔 📖
I'm sorry, but what part of this is suggesting an "elaborate" set bonus? At absolute most, it's asking for a dash on Ninja Armor. I don't support that suggestion, but you can't call it elaborate. And every single other suggestion for the armor is just asking for improved stats. Crimson Armor gets beat by a Band of Regeneration, Ninja Armor is outclassed by nearly everything else, and Fossil Armor is unimpressive. The requests here are reasonable and balanced. Adding 1 Ranged Damage to Fossil Armor is hardly a huge buff, nor is it elaborate.

That is the point of the suggestion, they're not needed, but they would be nice to have.
...this has been my point from the very beginning. None of these changes would improve the game in any meaningful way, they're not needed; it's just fluff.

As you can see below, it's possible to buy a "complete set" of Mage Armor before engaging in any major story beats, exploration or Boss fights [Magic Hat, Mystic Robe].

index.php

As I said earlier, similar Starter Kits to Flinx Gear [pre-Boss Starter Sets] have been baked into pre-Boss already; Gi/ Katana combo is one of them, it's a feature, not a flaw or mistake. Yes, you're supposed to be able to swap-out Gi out with Ninja Shirt [that's the entire point]. If you want more defense, yes, the Accessory Lottery [Lucky, Menacing, Warding] is supposed to be part of the experience, that's why you Treasure Hunt, sometimes for the same item(s) with better "stats" [pre–Goblin Tinkerer]!

...this has been my point from the very beginning. None of these changes would improve the game in any meaningful way, they're not needed; it's just fluff.
They would change the game for me. It changes how I view obtaining armor instead of going the same armor every time, which is typically Flinx Fur Coat mixed with Gladiator armor or Platinum armor, if Ninja armor provided more meaningful stats I'd consider using it on other playthroughs. Small changes can lead to players going for different things to spice up their playthroughs. Is it NEEDED? No, but ONCE AGAIN, it's NICE, that is the entire point of my suggestions, they're easy to code in and help fluff the game up more to add more variety per playthrough.

I think Heat Ray could use a buff. It's pretty unremarkable as is, and that's kind of a shame. I suggest buffing its damage significantly to make it a good single-target weapon.

I think Heat Ray could use a buff. It's pretty unremarkable as is, and that's kind of a shame. I suggest buffing its damage significantly to make it a good single-target weapon.
What exactly are you comparing it to?

Compared to other golem weapons it's the second best, staff of Earth is the best one overall but heat ray is better for flying bosses like duke and empress.
Stynger and possessed hatchet are mediocre, with golem fist being hot garbage.

Optic:
Desktop 1.4.4: Retinamini's lasers no longer pierce. As a result, they are no longer impacted by immune frames.Retinamini damage increased from 24 to 26.Spazmatism damage reduced from 30 to 21.Spazmatism now has more flexible charging range when pursuing targets.Twin minions now return to the player more quickly.
Desktop 1.4.4.8: Base damage increased from 21 to 24 (Spazmamini's damage is 100% of base damage).Retinamini's damage scaling reduced from 1.25× to 1.15× of base damage (still a slight increase due to the increased base).

Deadly Sphere:
Desktop 1.4.4: Drop rate increased from 1/40 (2.5%) / 79/1600 (4.94%) to 1/30 (3.33%) / 59/900 (6.56%).Damage reduced from 50 to 40.Now uses local immune frames.Aggro range has been increased, so it will attempt to engage enemies from further distances. Additionally, improved how its "dash" movement is able to engage enemies at a distance.Deadly Spheres now return to the player more quickly.Fixed a bug that caused Deadly Spheres to spontaneously de-aggro from enemies in the middle of combat.

Blade Staff:
Desktop 1.4.4: Now only gains 75% of the damage from whip tags.

Sanguine Staff:
Desktop 1.4.4: Knockback reduced from 8 to 3.Fixed a bug where Sanguine Bats could hit a single target more than one time if the player was very close to the target.

What wiki were you using?? If Fandom, that one is discontinued, use Wiki.gg, it's the current one.
But still I would rather use blade/ sanguine over optic or deadly spears. I use em mostly threw hard mode until I get to Zeno to get (terraprisma). They still realy week for thier place in the game.

Back
Top Bottom