Serious Sick of comparing between Minecraft and Terraria

The only people who do that is the terraria fans, either their envious of minecrafts sells or they need to be constantly reminded that terraria is "better" than minecraft

not even tryna start an argument, when's the last time a minecraft fan compared the 2 and stated "2d minecraft"? probably never anymore, meanwhile terraria fans on reddit constantly like to post those crappy 1 sided memes comparing them to things that terraria excels in and occasionally posting those "try minecraft" "also try terraria" post to make the comparisons seem like a "joke" but we all know

The only people who do that is the terraria fans, either their envious of minecrafts sells or they need to be constantly reminded that terraria is "better" than minecraft

not even tryna start an argument, when's the last time a minecraft fan compared the 2 and stated "2d minecraft"? probably never anymore, meanwhile terraria fans on reddit constantly like to post those crappy 1 sided memes comparing them to things that terraria excels in and occasionally posting those "try minecraft" "also try terraria" post to make the comparisons seem like a "joke" but we all know
I know at least one person IN REAL LIFE (or well, knew, I thankfully don't see him anymore and haven't seen him since the year where he was my classmate) who actually compared Terraria to Minecraft without knowing a thing about the former.
If I EVER see him again, if he says that again, I will tell him to find a Zenith in Vanilla Minecraft and show it to me ingame not as a picture, and then I'll play Minecraft offline that entire day just because I don't play it online anymore.

One is an exploration sandbox with "vague" objectives

The other is more of an adventure game with a clear progression

Only comparison is crafting and mining, otherwise they fill different niches

I know it has been a really long time since the last message, but my main criticism for the comparisons is that the majority of modern youtubers are only saying that this game is significantly better than minecraft filled with negative bias towards Minecraft (that topic has been milked dry to the point that it annoys me)
I have always enjoyed terraria for just being a sacred gem that borrows many of minecraft's concepts
But now that gem is shown to everyone else, I feel like it is now being sucked dry and has lost that archaic feel that made me fall in love with it in the first place

Hi all,

After spending a considerable amount of time in the Terraria subreddit. I saw that numerous posts comparing Terraria and Minecraft. Additionally, a developer or moderator (I can't recall who it was) appears to be supporting it rather than putting an end to the discussion, but on the minecraft meme reddit, they appear to be cool with Terraria and I’ve never seen they hate it.

I believe the debate between Minecraft and Terraria should be put to rest or at least moderated because I adore both games equally, play both since the beginning and they are unique in their own right. Every single one of my Minecraft friends also play Terraria.
What do you guys think? May be another crossover like the creeper costume one? <3 <3<3

Best regard, Echin
I hate that the two games are compared. They are really nothing alike after the first 15 minutes of playing.

There are some issues related to this thread particularly comparing to Minecraft and Terraria. Most people will compare Super Princess Peach and Princess Peach Showtime but I don't see any differences

Back then, it would've made more sense. Nowadys, the games are completely different from one another. Anyone who is saying that just needs to stop.

Terraria is not a survival game. You can survive indefinitely by placing a few blocks around yourself, You don't even need to eat food (The crossover seed that adds mechanics from a survival game doesn't count).
I wouldn’t say hunger or other depleting meters are a necessary part of a survival game, but I do agree that Terraria isn’t a survival game. I would call it an action-adventure sandbox with survival elements. I think I called it a survival game because a lot of players do consider it to be a survival game and compare it to Minecraft for that reason.

A debate between and within communities on their opinion, view or gripes on any media/s that they enjoy or particularly loathe is something that can never be "Put to rest", as to attempt that would be to restrict someone's expression of their ideas. However, the conversation has no reason not to be a constructive one, as that will give purpose to the clash of ideas.

Although I do believe the discussion to be generally mind-numbing, as each game is its own. No game owns any mechanic, motif, theme, sound, genre or other. Minecraft and Terraria have inspired each other and borrowed from each other, and that's the extent of it. That's a crossover, not a copy.

Say all you want, but I never believed that Terraria is a sandbox game.
Why? It's widely considered a sandbox game, even saying that on the store page:

1711467220309.png

Why? It's widely considered a sandbox game, even saying that on the store page
I dont want to write down paragraphs to why I dont believe Terraria is a sandbox game. I had a discussion about this with some people in the past (not in these forums, on other platforms) and it got pretty chaotic.

For it being considered a sandbox game in the store, I personally dont think game devs always do correct choices. I dont say the devs putting the sandbox tag on the steam page is wrong and bad or anything, but If I was making the Terraria I wouldnt put the sandbox tag on the store page of it and say "its a sandbox game".

Even the progression is like a sandbox, you can do several parts (especially in pre-Hardmode) in any order you want and a lot of it is optional.

Back
Top Bottom