Official Announcement regarding changes to conversations (private messages)

It seems you would be using the (Imgur) account whenever you store these images.
Which would be rare.
Why not store them on your personal computer/storage space? The way you are doing it now, only YOU (and select friends perhaps) can ever see these "on topic" images, and you're making Re-Logic pay to store them.

This site is not free to run and maintain - Re-Logic pays a goodly sum out every month for server rental, software licenses and maintenance, all out of their pocket and without trackers or ads to offset it. Maybe keep that in mind.
I do for the most part keep things on my laptop, sometimes only temporarily (uncropped drawing images never reach my laptop and are on my phone for a few minutes until I crop them, screenshots only live rent-free on the clipboard for a day at most, any important images stay in my folders). I can go see if Google Drive can be used for image linking as I have been using it to transfer images from my phone since I logged out from here, but it loves to freeze on mobile and force me to use a private discord server for some transfers (to my extreme annoyance every time as I reluctantly click the button on my laptop...) and I have doubts it'll play nice.

Thanks for your feedback Esther. I have to disagree though that giving members an inbox with a limit of 15,000 messages is really harsh. Before putting this in place, data was gathered, and there are many members that have been here for almost 10 years, all enormously active during their heyday that don’t even come close to having this amount.
literally been on TCF not even a year and i'm at triple the new limit. this is really disappointing for me as i don't have other means of connecting with friends at the moment. i think the 5-member limit is fair but the message limit seems a bit much, and i would go as far as saying unnecessary.

and as it seems someone else already pointed out, if private chats are being hounded for not being used in their intended way, then i have a feeling we may be experiencing changes in the roleplay forums too. even though i'm no longer excessively active on here i don't think these changes are good changes; it's clear a large portion of users (or at least the active ones) are unhappy with this change and i think it'd be for the better if it was reverted or at the very least minimised in its effects.

literally been on TCF not even a year and i'm at triple the new limit. this is really disappointing for me as i don't have other means of connecting with friends at the moment. i think the 5-member limit is fair but the message limit seems a bit much, and i would go as far as saying unnecessary.
That's what I'm saying bruvski

literally been on TCF not even a year and i'm at triple the new limit.
Screenshot 2024-03-18 6.02.49 PM.png

*Gus fring sad meme*
That's basically everyone's oppinion

I suggest a system where the message get deleted after one week after they're posted. That way people can have high message counts.
Again, the member limit doesn't matter to me.
PLEASE NOT THIS. That would make this Steam Chat and as someone who needs to use that crappy thing to talk to @Elemental 131, the auto-deleting messages make it horrible to use!

I suggest a system where the message get deleted after one week after they're posted. That way people can have high message counts.
I don't love this, but excluding existing messages that people might not want to be deleted because the may have some important references that they had no idea would be nuked out of nowhere with zero warning, even this would be better because at least I'd be able to message again.

I don't love this, but excluding existing messages that people might not want to be deleted because the may have some important references that they had no idea would be nuked out of nowhere with zero warning, even this would be better because at least I'd be able to message again.
But like Esther says that'd just make more problems later as it would basically be steam chat
Oh boy
Do I NOT want this to become steam chat

Sorry for it inconveniencing you but as we've said many times already it was unintended for users to use conversations quite as heavily as yourself and others have. Its absolutely fine to chat privately with friends but using it as essentially an instant-messenger (like discord) substitute is a no-go.
The good thing is, it's not like your friends have went anywhere. You can figure things out with them, if other options aren't available then you can talk with them and others in a thread and simply tone down the private chat significantly - You absolutely still can talk to your friends in private, but in a more limited capacity.

and as it seems someone else already pointed out, if private chats are being hounded for not being used in their intended way, then i have a feeling we may be experiencing changes in the roleplay forums too. even though i'm no longer excessively active on here i don't think these changes are good changes; it's clear a large portion of users (or at least the active ones) are unhappy with this change and i think it'd be for the better if it was reverted or at the very least minimised in its effects.
I'm not sure what you mean, I can confirm that absolutely no chat concerning limiting the roleplay section has taken place so I'm at a complete loss as to why people think that we're going to make changes? If you've got concerns, i'll gladly answer them.

Unit One and myself have been active in providing answers here regarding our logic behind this decision and why we made it, while I can certainly repeat myself its best that you find those posts and give them a read.
However I will say it clearly that we have no plans to revert this, the limit will remain in place however the table is still open to discuss potential changes that could be made.

We didn't expect users to be happy about this, nobody would when something they used actively is limited and the unrest is completely expected. We can only apologise, but it was something we deemed necessary to do.

Back
Top Bottom