Official Announcement regarding changes to conversations (private messages)

Can there just be a medium here? No, as of now the forums are not completely dying, but yes there are definitely more people leaving because of this than people actually choosing to just do more outside of convos.
And no, this wasn't an evil authoritarian change with no regard for anyone, but yes there was at least one part of it that was done pretty terribly.
I'd just like to see it changed in a way that doesn't screw things up for existing members while honestly not making things much harder for newer members who would try the same thing.

Can there just be a medium here? No, as of now the forums are not completely dying, but yes there are definitely more people leaving because of this than people actually choosing to just do more outside of convos.
And no, this wasn't an evil authoritarian change with no regard for anyone, but yes there was at least one part of it that was done pretty terribly.
I'd just like to see it changed in a way that doesn't screw things up for existing members while honestly not making things much harder for newer members who would try the same thing.
See I was literally just writing the same thing.
I feel ninja'd

Still wondering why you would punish everyone for the actions of a few...
Its not a punishment, no warnings have been handed out and we're not pointing fingers are individuals either. Its a limitation on a feature that wasn't intended to be used in the way people have been. Most of the active users on the forum are unaffected by this and it is mostly users who we believe to be abusing the feature who have been affected. Though yes, some particularly active users have also been affected.

There are many users who have thousands of posts in their conversation but very few come close to breaching 15,000. I'm still not quite convinced that people are actually realising just how many posts that is yet. That's 750 pages. Most active threads don't reach that amount and even this thread is sitting at nearly 30. Discussion of such magnitude should take place in threads where possible.

Yes, if you're quite social you might have 10 1-on-1 conversations spanning 30 pages each but thats still only 300.
There are conversations both 1-on-1 and groups who have far over 750 pages in them, that's alarming. It becomes moreso of a problem when these post counts dwarf their count on the public forum.

Then they weren't here for the correct reasons, but to use it as a private chat app because they don't have access to alternatives and this is not what a forum is for. Sorry to be quite so blunt.
Honestly, thinking about it I think this will be a good thing in the long run.
I have really just been using this place as such, which yeah, it's definetly not it's intention.
Though I will once again bring up the idea of closing conversations not counting, that'd be nice and it still seems like no mods have said anything about that idea. (I could be blind but I haven't noticed anything)
And while I'll certainly miss my grand old conversations such as the Ship, (Big group conversation), it Wil probably help revive some things.
As some people have pointed out, many are treading this as the end of the world meanwhile threads and profiles still exist.
I think that, while the old conversation system could be real fun, the way it worked was kinda drawing users out from the rest of the forums a little, at least that was the case with me.
As of recently, I was nearly only doing anything inside my conversations.
I'll probably still remain here in profiles ash threads, sharing my various projects, and honestly to everyone who is complaining about this change, I get it, it's not super fun, the mods have made this decision together and thay aren't just doing such a thing aimlessly.
That's all I've got for today, sayonara!

Back
Top Bottom