IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

Search Party:
-------------------------

She's shaken for but a moment, apparently confused and shocked.
"..."
"I don't have psychic powers. Why do I hear them?"
“Because they’re loud.”

He chuckles once.

“I’ve learned to tune them out, it’s just a part of me now.”

“I take it you also want to know why I have the voices of hundreds of people crying out from inside me?”

Search Party:
“Because they’re loud.”

He chuckles once.

“I’ve learned to tune them out, it’s just a part of me now.”

“I take it you also want to know why I have the voices of hundreds of people crying out from inside me?”
Vinessa looks Arentine straight in the eye for this, having been looking at the others earlier, out of caution.
"...Er...."
"....sure?"

Search Party:

Vinessa looks Arentine straight in the eye for this, having been looking at the others earlier, out of caution.
"...Er...."
"....sure?"
“Because I killed them.

“My youthful appearance, my grand stature. I stole the life from their bodies.”

“I possess no other skills than to rip the life and memories from their corpses.”

“Now do you realize why I take such interest in this “daybreak”?”

“I’m done filling my head with worthless lives which add nothing to me, I seek beings which will give me.. divinity.. the power to shut it all up.. the power to just be.. myself again.”

Search Party:
“Because I killed them.

“I possess no other skills than to rip the life and memories from their corpses.”

“I’m done filling my head with worthless lives which add nothing to me, I seek beings which will give me.. divinity.. the power to shut it all up.. the power to just be.. myself again.”
"..."
"Divinity..."

Vinessa takes a moment to process that completely, thinking over an answer to that.

"..."
"Light might be the person you're looking for, but he's technically just a normal shifter."
"And I'm...not sure what kind of influence his...benefactor...has over him."

Search Party:

"..."
"Divinity..."

Vinessa takes a moment to process that completely, thinking over an answer to that.

"..."
"Light might be the person you're looking for, but he's technically just a normal shifter."
"And I'm...not sure what kind of influence his...benefactor...has over him."
“If he has integrated it into his being.. I shall have it.”

“Now if you’d excuse me..”

He draws his halberd, pulling out some sort of stone to begin sharpening it.

Search Party:

"It's more a compliment to my swordfighting."
Dark draws one half of his green claymore, still worn with age, with a couple of cracks here and there, running his hand along it. It certainly still looks sharp though, and quite strong for its age.

"I can set my swords on fire, I can make fireballs and lightning bolts. Though some of that magic stuff takes a second to cast."
Dark waves it a bit in front of himself as he demonstrates, surrounding it in a flaming aura.
"Though technically, as a shifter, I can manipulate any magic around me. Don't see why the magic your...prosthetic leg uses would be any different, though..."
He then shakes off the flame, flinging it into the air where it dissipates harmlessly as embers falling back down to the ground, before sheathing his sword.

<Obviously they're not keen on naming this friend of theirs though...>
<Not sure what's up with that if they're probably from a different world though. But, eh. Not like I don't have my own things to not be open about.>
<So, not a swordsmage.>

*Mela listens to Dark explain how he uses his magic, much more interested now.*

"Swordsmen in my world never imbued magic into their swords mid battle, more often than not the magic is present in the sword from the point of forging so they'd never had to. That's... honestly pretty neat, and at least in my point of view a unique battle style."

*Though, Mela is paying more attention to half of the green claymore.*

"How long have you had that sword? Looks aged, but a sword being able to split is pretty cool."

“Because I killed them.

*Though Mela initially wasn't listening to their conversation, Arentine's words here specifically caught Mela's attention, though she makes sure that her overhearing this is not known. This goal is really familiar to her, and it does not make her feel good. Mela feels a slight sense of dread set in now, though she's focusing more on her conversation with Dark.*

Search Party:
<So, not a swordsmage.>

*Mela listens to Dark explain how he uses his magic, much more interested now.*

"Swordsmen in my world never imbued magic into their swords mid battle, more often than not the magic is present in the sword from the point of forging so they'd never had to. That's... honestly pretty neat, and at least in my point of view a unique battle style."

*Though, Mela is paying more attention to half of the green claymore.*

"How long have you had that sword? Looks aged, but a sword being able to split is pretty cool."
"Hm..."
"...a good 7 years, by now."

Dark pushes his sword hilt down from his sheath to make something click, before hefting out his whole claymore in its full glory. Looks sort of like Cloud's Buster Blade with its uneven tip. Cracked too with a couple of chunks missing too.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 at 13.39.50.png

"The splitting feature I only came up with maybe a couple of months ago. Helps a ton in this form considering I'm not as strong."
"Though, not sure whether to fix it up or keep it as it is to recall the struggles it's been through..."

Dark just looks it over, probably reminiscing or studying its wear and tear.

*Though Mela initially wasn't listening to their conversation, Arentine's words here specifically caught Mela's attention, though she makes sure that her overhearing this is not known. This goal is really familiar to her, and it does not make her feel good. Mela feels a slight sense of dread set in now, though she's focusing more on her conversation with Dark.*
Vinessa...might have noticed Mela's look. Or not? She seems focused on her own conversation with Arentine as she keeps an eye on the others.

Search Party:

"...huh..."
<Well that's.>
<...>

Vinessa watches for a moment.
"..."
"Wait. Sword, and halberd."
"...You wield anything else?"
He silently draws the massive zweihander from his back, laying it across his crossed legs, then drawing out his straightsword, dagger, and crossbow, the pile of weapons laying on his lap.

Search Party:
He silently draws the massive zweihander from his back, laying it across his crossed legs, then drawing out his straightsword, dagger, and crossbow, the pile of weapons laying on his lap.
"...and you know how to wield all of those things."
<Crossbow ammo though...>

Search Party:

"...and you know how to wield all of those things."
<Crossbow ammo though...>
He slowly sheathes all of them while beginning to talk, his crossbow on his right hip by a small satchel of long black metal bolts, his dagger and sword on his left thigh, and his zweihander across his back.

“I’ve had nothing to do for the last several hundred years but think, I have practiced silently in my mind and with my hands for that long.”

Search Party:
He slowly sheathes all of them while beginning to talk, his crossbow on his right hip by a small satchel of long black metal bolts, his dagger and sword on his left thigh, and his zweihander across his back.

“I’ve had nothing to do for the last several hundred years but think, I have practiced silently in my mind and with my hands for that long.”
Vinessa...remains silent for a moment, keeping her face even again.

"..."
"And then with the memories of those you've..."

Search Party:

Vinessa...remains silent for a moment, keeping her face even again.

"..."
"And then with the memories of those you've..."
“That as well.. I’ve gained some valuable knowledge..”

He continues sharpening his halberd, sparks flying from the blade with each swipe of the stone.

Search Party:

"...but you want the voices to shut up, huh?"
<...This guy...>
“There's nothing else I need to learn from them, they just whine and complain now, repeating memories I do not need. I’ve internalized all tha I’ve needed, but there is so much wasted, so much I never needed to know.. so much I shouldn’t have known..”

He seems lost in thought.

“Their wind god that they so desperately clung to was truly real, the Adavali conquest, the purge, it was all a waste…”

“But all of this means nothing to you, right?”

He goes back to sharpening his halberd.

Search Party:
“There's nothing else I need to learn from them, they just whine and complain now, repeating memories I do not need. I’ve internalized all tha I’ve needed, but there is so much wasted, so much I never needed to know.. so much I shouldn’t have known..”

He seems lost in thought.

“Their wind god that they so desperately clung to was truly real, the Adavali conquest, the purge, it was all a waste…”

“But all of this means nothing to you, right?”

He goes back to sharpening his halberd.
Vinessa..tilts her head, before nodding.
"..yeah. I don't know any of those names..."

Vinessa then looks down to think, now looking at the others to try and distract herself to an extent.
<...>
<They seem really dangerous, and have...dangerous sounding intents...>
<They'd be a powerful ally though...>
<...>
<Need to discuss them with Dark.>

Search Party:

Vinessa..tilts her head, before nodding.
"..yeah. I don't know any of those names..."

Vinessa then looks down to think, now looking at the others to try and distract herself to an extent.
<...>
<They seem really dangerous, and have...dangerous sounding intents...>
<They'd be a powerful ally though...>
<...>
<Need to discuss them with Dark.>
“Best to keep it that way.”

He continues sharpening for a moment before looking up.

“Will that be all?”

Search Party:

"Hm..."
"...a good 7 years, by now."

Dark pushes his sword hilt down from his sheath to make something click, before hefting out his whole claymore in its full glory. Looks sort of like Cloud's Buster Blade with its uneven tip. Cracked too with a couple of chunks missing too.

"The splitting feature I only came up with maybe a couple of months ago. Helps a ton in this form considering I'm not as strong."
"Though, not sure whether to fix it up or keep it as it is to recall the struggles it's been through..."

Dark just looks it over, probably reminiscing or studying its wear and tear.
*Mela looks at the claymore, analyzing the sword from the lens of a blacksmith.*

"Hmm... it's a good sword, I could totally fix it up for you if I ever found the tools or materials to."

"Here's mine, though."

*Mela reaches behind her head and grabs the hilt of her sword, before unsheathing it. She lets it rest on her side, not wanting to carry the weight of the sword. The thing's massive, only a couple inches shorter than Mela herself, and it's proportions are odd even for a rectangular claymore. There's no tip to the sword, it's just one long slab of burnt orange metal, sharpened fully on it's sides. The only way you can even tell it's a sword is with the hilt.*

"Yeah, despite being a smith myself, Lament here is an affront to the artform that is blacksmithing. It's not even supposed to be a sword, this is basically just a sharpened sheet of metal. Still, it works amazingly, and feels just right in my hands. Really heavy, though, I didn't make this thing thinking about it's weight. Wasn't thinking about much when I made it, actually."

Back
Top Bottom