Game Mechanics Post-Moon Lord Content

All of us know that buying a PC is not cheap at all, nor is easy to get Steam to work properly and create an account for us (my case), this leads to players often choosing mobile terraria which is VERY limited.

A way to fix this would be what Calamity mod does and add to all platforms a Post-Moon Lord phase, it doesn't need to have that many new bosses or anything, but it would make the game much more fun and maybe it could lead to a Moon Lord revenge as the final boss!

All of us know that buying a PC is not cheap at all, nor is easy to get Steam to work properly and create an account for us (my case), this leads to players often choosing mobile terraria which is VERY limited.

A way to fix this would be what Calamity mod does and add to all platforms a Post-Moon Lord phase, it doesn't need to have that many new bosses or anything, but it would make the game much more fun and maybe it could lead to a Moon Lord revenge as the final boss!
theres already so much you can do before Moon Lord, we dont need more after. Plus, hes already the Final boss

Well... Its more complicated than that. After you have experienced the the said post ml content then the same problem will arise again. And the loop will repeat. This is 1. Bad for the devs it means they will only be working on ONE game which would get boring. Remember re-logic is a INDIE game studio not like ACTIVISTION or Bethesda . 2. The devs have more pressure on them because they need to one up the last update. 3. If the Game gets too long it wont be as enjoyable. One of terraria's perks it's replay-ability. This replay-ability is present because of how different a play through can go and having a progression which isn't too small or big just right.

TL;DR
This is a Bad Idea. Doing this will be bad for the devs and ruin terraria's replay-ability. Plus terraria is a "sandbox game."

Last edited:
I am kinda bored of just Wandering around with my Zenith at endgame. I need more stuff to do. I agree.

Plus, hes already the Final boss
He is not an enjoyable final boss to me. It feels like they just made him final boss just so they can stop adding more final bosses over the years.

while this would be awesome it doesn't seem like they will ever do this because moon lord is THE final boss of vanilla, and all the content mods would have to adapt the new vanilla post moon lord content. and even if they did do this i do not think it should begin straight after moon lord's defeat

The problem with adding more content after moon lord is that unless you make it infinitely scale in some way you are going to end up with the exact same โ€œissueโ€ of the game being over again after the new content, which will just lead to more people asking for post-post-moon lord content and repeating the cycle ad infinitum.

The problem with adding more content after moon lord is that unless you make it infinitely scale in some way you are going to end up with the exact same โ€œissueโ€ of the game being over again after the new content, which will just lead to more people asking for post-post-moon lord content and repeating the cycle ad infinitum.
This is true, I just wish there was more stuff to do maybe other than making luminite armor and The Zenith as a symbol of the Journey's end.

1. Zenith will break any post moonlord boss. Part of the reason I argue Zenith is OK balance wise is specifically because there is no boss after moonlord.

2. Take up a hobby like building and watch your hours climb.

I think the mobile and console versions of the game should have the ability to download worlds shared on the Steam workshop (probably a curated selection or something but it would be nice if they also possibly had the ability to upload worlds).
I don't play mods too often on PC, but the ability to download and share worlds like survival maps, adventure maps, and challenge maps does add a lot of replayability to the game, and with stuff that's all in vanilla.

I'd rather see the game get wider, rather than longer. The game has plenty of combat and bosses and invasions for my tastes, but in my opinion it doesn't have enough exploration, especially near the endgame, where progression mostly turns into a boss/event rush. Hardmode Dungeon and Temple are about the only new exploration bits, but the temple is completely linear and terribly boring, and you've already explored the Dungeon in prehardmode, meaning that it's just more enemy grinding.

I usually stop playing after Golem because while I do enjoy the combat, I also need other things to break it up, and at that point in the game I've already built my base, I've already explored the world, there's nothing left to do โ€Šbut combat. It gets very boring, very fast for me, and adding yet more combat after Moon Lord would only serve to worsen the experience further.

Last edited:
I'd rather see the game get wider, rather than longer. The game has plenty of combat and bosses and invasions for my tastes, but in my opinion it doesn't have enough exploration, especially near the endgame, where progression mostly turns into a boss/event rush. Hardmode Dungeon and Temple are about the only new exploration bits, but the temple is completely linear and terribly boring, and you've already explored the Dungeon in prehardmode, meaning that it's just more enemy grinding.

I usually stop playing after Golem because while I do enjoy the combat, I also need other things to break it up, and at that point in the game I've already built my base, I've already explored the world, there's nothing left to do โ€Šbut combat. It gets very boring, very fast for me, and adding yet more combat after Moon Lord would only serve to worsen the experience further.
Part of the issue is the threat of having an overly corrupt world once you hit hardmode. Once hardmode starts its a race to beat plantera to stop the fast spread of corruption. As a result, my houses in the hallow tend to be rushed and I don't get to soak everything in as much once hardmode starts. Because of this I usually spend the bulk of my playthrough in pre-hardmode.

Part of the issue is the threat of having an overly corrupt world once you hit hardmode. Once hardmode starts its a race to beat plantera to stop the fast spread of corruption. As a result, my houses in the hallow tend to be rushed and I don't get to soak everything in as much once hardmode starts. Because of this I usually spend the bulk of my playthrough in pre-hardmode.
My issue was always that most or all of the important areas of the world have already been explored by the time you beat the wall of flesh, and the game rarely gives you a good reason to go out and explore new areas afterwards. With the exception of the hardmode ores, everything you need is gained from killing enemies, so a grinding spot in each biome is basically all you need to get everything you need to progress. I find that change of pace somewhat novel, but that enjoyment doesn't last the rest of the game.

The Temple MIGHT save it if it was a lot bigger, a lot more fleshed out, and a lot more interesting to look at and explore, since it's the only place you CAN'T explore in prehardmode; Unfortunately, it is none of those, and I might spend about 20 minutes in the temple over the course of my entire playthrough.

In short, my main gripe with the Post-Golem content is that grinding enemies for loot doesn't hold its enjoyment for very long, and the game really doesn't give you any other ways to progress after Golem, and there isn't enough to do at that point besides progress.

You can also try to complete the Journey mode item collection which I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet, although that's not really fun to do more than once from my experience (I had to do it twice.)

Back
Top Bottom