IC Bossfight!

(10) Brambol is hit in the wing and loses control of his flight.
(17) Fikitt meets Fauxix head-on, attempting to ping-pong him back, but underestimates the force of the impact and is more knocked back himself than Fauxix is (3).
(17) Nothing happens.. the movement isn't all that close.

Astraletos simply raises its flaming sword and swings towards the two, a slow moving slash of purple plasma tearing through the air towards them. (7)

(5) Brambol isn't really in a position to dodge so he is hit by it and in a lot of pain.
(8) Fikitt just barely dodges before preparing a fireball.

(28) Astraletos seems to almost become hazy...

Fauxix slowly comes to a stop midair before... beginning to orbit around Astraletos' head, getting faster and faster... before...

Being shot back at Brambol and Fikitt. (12)

Astraletos seems.. winded? Its head has dimmed a decent amount and the construct is slightly hunched over as it floats now..

It cant keep going for much longer.

Almost to punctuate this, the bubble seems to crack as one of Astraletos' swords slowly turns to golden embers, drifting off..

The machine slowly drifts downwards, the bubble shattering and fading away as the stone chunks fall slowly to the ground around the now purple-ish pool of churning void.

Astraletos itself falls into the pool, up to its knees..

It slowly looks at the group, almost submitting itself to its fate.. but..

"I refuse to watch you die. Get up."

The voice echoes out from nowhere and from everywhere.

Astraletos struggles, trying to float into the air once more, but splashing down into the pool below, stabbing its remaining blade into the ground and leaning on it for support. Its plasma orb of a head now small and dim.

"You always were my favorite son.... now get. up."

Astraletos looks up in surprise before the plasma ball on his head begins to ignite once again.. this time a blazing purple color..

The machine rises back into the air, his sword igniting into a thin purple plasma.
He seems to come to terms with the inevitability of his fate.

Astraletos
...Entropy
Exca immediately fans out, leaping out of the way of the attack aimed at Brambol and Fikkit.
<…time to finish this…>
She takes aim with her arm cannon.

Clover, meanwhile, quickly repositions similarly to Exca, Quick Stepping to flank Astraletos from the other side. He takes aim at the core he saw earlier, firing off another Thunderbolt, as Exca fires off another explosive shot, aimed at the same core (D20: 10, 18).

Astraletos' sword floats by its side as it slowly grips its head with both hands before... letting out a screech, bolts of purple plasma arcing into the air and raining down towards everyone.. (14)

(7) COGNIZANCE tries to dodge, but gets nailed in the leg, most of the armor on said leg being blown off, and the leg being warped to the side.

The machine weakly gets up as he inspects his destroyed leg, chuckling a bit.

"This is pretty bad, huh?"

He starts limping towards Astraletos.

"HEY, BIG GUY! HIT ME!"

Astraletos swings down on him. (15)

(8) And COGNIZANCE takes the slash directly into his shoulder, cleaving halfway through his chest.

He falls to one knee, the sword still stuck in his torso as he wraps his arm over the top of it to keep the machine's blade in place.

He is now on fire, lights flickering.

Exca immediately fans out, leaping out of the way of the attack aimed at Brambol and Fikkit.
<…time to finish this…>
She takes aim with her arm cannon.

Clover, meanwhile, quickly repositions similarly to Exca, Quick Stepping to flank Astraletos from the other side. He takes aim at the core he saw earlier, firing off another Thunderbolt, as Exca fires off another explosive shot, aimed at the same core (D20: 10, 18).
With its one open arm Astraletos redirects the lightning bolt entirely (20), but..

The explosive shot hits the machine in the side (3).

A little bit of the void pool splashes onto the rings of its core as it buckles.

The sound immediately vanishes from the area, as if torn out..

The glow from Astraletos' core brightens immensely.. the machine looking around frantically.

It heaves its sword a few more times, to no avail.

It begins to buckle, its armor cracking and pulling inwards as the machine starts to fall into itself, firing plasma wildly as it does so. (8)

Get clear of the blast radius.

Astraletos' sword floats by its side as it slowly grips its head with both hands before... letting out a screech, bolts of purple plasma arcing into the air and raining down towards everyone.. (14)
Some of the molten slags land on Exca, too focused on aiming to have been ready to dodge in time, while Clover gets a bad burn on his side, having missed one bolt in the air.
(D20: 6, 7 + 4 = 11...- 4 = 7)

(7) COGNIZANCE tries to dodge, but gets nailed in the leg, most of the armor on said leg being blown off, and the leg being warped to the side.

The machine weakly gets up as he inspects his destroyed leg, chuckling a bit.

"This is pretty bad, huh?"

He starts limping towards Astraletos.

"HEY, BIG GUY! HIT ME!"

Astraletos swings down on him. (15)

(8) And COGNIZANCE takes the slash directly into his shoulder, cleaving halfway through his chest.

He falls to one knee, the sword still stuck in his torso as he wraps his arm over the top of it to keep the machine's blade in place.

He is now on fire, lights flickering.
Exca reaches out to them.
"WHITE BOT-"

With its one open arm Astraletos redirects the lightning bolt entirely (20), but..

The explosive shot hits the machine in the side (3).

A little bit of the void pool splashes onto the rings of its core as it buckles.

The sound immediately vanishes from the area, as if torn out..

The glow from Astraletos' core brightens immensely.. the machine looking around frantically.

It heaves its sword a few more times, to no avail.

It begins to buckle, its armor cracking and pulling inwards as the machine starts to fall into itself, firing plasma wildly as it does so. (8)

Get clear of the blast radius.
Clover immediately books it with a Quick Step, dodging the raining plasma. Exca, meanwhile, ducks and explode-jumps out of the way of another wave of plasma, landing by COGNIZANCE.
(D20: 11, 11 + 4 = 15)

(6) Brambol is KO'd.
(1) And so is Fikitt.
Exca looks around at the K.O.'D persons, looking back at Astraletos, probably about to detonate, with concern.
<...Alright. Alright. Think think...>
<...GOT IT!>

Exca punches her fists together, her armour immediately folding out and shifting into a large, 5 meter tall mech.
<...bit shorter than I expected...but this'll do.>
Exca shoves COGNIZANCE to the edge of the rock platform closest to Astraletos, jumping on the edge opposite to catapult him away from Astraleto. She then jumps after Brambol and Fikitt, still falling, assumedly, to catch them and carry them away to safety (D20: 12, for overall rescue effort), though possibly not quite getting the last two or herself out of the blast radius in time.

Maskie would be dragged out of the area before Niyr would have his tail grabbed by something's jaws and be dragged away as well (14 for effort).

Maskie would be dragged out of the area before Niyr would have his tail grabbed by something's jaws and be dragged away as well (14 for effort).
(11)
Wouldn't be too hard to move Niyr after his crystal limb is dislodged from the ground, which happens.

Exca shoves COGNIZANCE to the edge of the rock platform closest to Astraletos, jumping on the edge opposite to catapult him away from Astraleto. She then jumps after Brambol and Fikitt, still falling, assumedly, to catch them and carry them away to safety (D20: 12, for overall rescue effort), though possibly not quite getting the last two or herself out of the blast radius in time.
COGNIZANCE holds on, going nowhere.

<Purpose... what is my purpose?>

<...>
< hmhm... >

< I'll touch the stars.. just this once. >

He slowly gets up, limping into the void pool, walking to Astraletos...
Who is now folding rapidly in upon himself, no longer recognizable as the machine it once was...
After a few more seconds.. a small, maybe 3 inch glowing purple orb is all that's left, still collapsing further until it is nothing but a black speck.

< Vale, parumper.. >

He slowly reaches out.. touching the orb.

< oh... oh my god.. >

And within the blink of an eye, COGNIZANCE, a lot of the void pool around himself, various metal chunks, stones, and other things all cave into the black hole, leaving a crater of nothingness about 50 feet wide before..

The black hole simply fizzles out.

COGNIZANCE holds on, going nowhere.

<Purpose... what is my purpose?>

<...>
< hmhm... >

< I'll touch the stars.. just this once. >
"..C-COME ON!"
She waves for COGNIZANCE to come with her as she jumps away, not looking back to make sure they followed as she [as earlier stated] grabs Fikkit and brambol...until...

He slowly gets up, limping into the void pool, walking to Astraletos... Who is now folding rapidly in upon himself, no longer recognizable as the machine it once was...
After a few more seconds.. a small, maybe 3 inch glowing purple orb is all that's left, still collapsing further until it is nothing but a black speck.

< Vale, parumper.. >

He slowly reaches out.. touching the orb.

< oh... oh my god.. >
Exca lands on a rock far away, looking back to check on COGNIZANCE.

And within the blink of an eye, COGNIZANCE, a lot of the void pool around himself, various metal chunks, stones, and other things all cave into the black hole, leaving a crater of nothingness about 50 feet wide before..

The black hole simply fizzles out.
"..."
"...what?"

Clover huffs upon hearing the collapsing, turning around in time to see the black hole fizzle out.
"..."
"Pika?"

(The strange man sees a massive battle and jokingly says)
"Well they seem to be a bit mad, but I don't care."
(then Terra sees a green light, seemingly whispering his name. Enamored, he decides to take a closer look.)

(suddenly, as if from nowhere, a man seems to fall from the sky, confused)
What's happening? Did the return potion malfunction?
(then Terra sees a green light, seemingly whispering his name. Enamored, he decides to take a closer look.)
(...Terra, first of all, did you backread the past couple of pages? Or even this page?)
(Because for one, the battle with the big robot just ended.)
(Second, if that green light is supposed to be the Order Church, then let Avarus describe it to you after you have your character look around or something.)
(Backreading works wonders if you want to get anywhere in RP's like this. It helps to not be intrusive by making posts that seem to demand the attention of other characters for no reason when they're focused on, say, fighting a giant robot.)

(Oh, minor thing that ya don't really have to change, but typically parentheses are used for OOC talk, so using it for description/action based stuff might get a few by surprise. Nothing bad or anything, just thought I'd note.)

(banana, I didn't demand the attention of anybody,
(Apologies then. My mistake.)

I merely stated that my oc looked around and commented on something that was happening.)
(A battle that literally just finished, for one, as seen on this page.)
(And two, I still can't tell if that green light is something of yours (in which case, um...ok, I guess?) or something from the setting of this RP, the describing of which is usually left to to the one actually controlling the setting even if you know what's supposed to be there. I.e. Avarus.)

(I love being unconscious while this all happens, also...)

Maskie would feel something touching him from behind as his most severe wounds would begin to heal at least to the point where he's not in imminent danger of death.
This heals the severe wounds and does bring him back to a bit of consciousness, although it isn't enough to be in a fighting mood or anything.

Not like it's important since the battle's over, what matters is the aftermath.

Back
Top Bottom