Portfolio/Multi-Topic My take on the thrower class

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
I would actually like to see the thrower as a fully fleshed out class in Terraria, even if it may not be as easy and free as some of the others. Easier is not always better, perhaps this class could embody that principle.

First, all the weapons that currently are/feel like they are "thrown" would be a part of this class (Boomerangs, explosives, and others. Full list can be found here), but in addition, to round out the class, new throwing weapons would likely be needed in hardmode. So here are a few thrower item Ideas:

-Endless Throwing Star Pouch: Throwing star that can be used an infinite amount of times.
-Endless Dagger Belt: Throwing knife that can be used an infinite amount of times.
-Endless Spiky Ball Pouch: Spiky Ball that can be used and infinite amount of times.
-Spore Bomb: Explodes into spores that deal DOT instead of breaking blocks. Crafted from jungle spores.
-Cursed Bomb: New bomb craftable in early hardmode, explodes into green fire, mentioned in my other post on more explosives progression.
-Chlorophyte Bomb: Craftable in late hardmode, does more damage but has a longer fuse. Also in the above post.
-Pulse Grenade: Dropped by martians/sold by martian NPC? explodes with an electric sphere, extra damage to robotic enemies (such as santank, martian spaceship, and the cyborg).
As well as everything here: More Boomerang Concepts

-Thrower's Glove: An accessory, but can get weapon reforges that apply to any weapon thrown with it equipped (cannot equip more than one at a time, similar to wings). Can be combined with the magma stone to make any weapon thrown also inflict hellfire: "Hot Glove"
-Bionic Arm: An accessory that increases the rate of fire of thrown weapons, as well as increases range slightly (now that I mention it I swear I've seen this before)

More ideas welcome!

Thrower is just Ranger and Melee with consumeables. It doesnt have unique gameplay or any unique aspect. Consumeables are ranged weapons and stuff like boomerangs are melee weapons.

I dont understand the desire for a return.

Back
Top Bottom