Items Corrupt and Crimson upgrades of the Fire Gauntlet.

TheGuideIsEvil

Terrarian
The Fire Gauntlet needs a boost, no?

The Blasphemous Cestus exists in Corruption worlds; it is a cool :red: steel cestus with green flames. Conversely, the Cestus of the Gods is a glowing steel cestus with a yellow aura, and is found in Crimson worlds.

The finger position of the Blasphameous Cestus is an ok hand sign. The position of the Bracer of the Gods is a thumbs up. This is for comedic value. Both of these items are the final form of the Fire Gauntlet.

Blasphemous Cestus:
1 Fire Gauntlet
1 Sinister Conflagration (accessory crafted with 150 cursed flames; offers the ability to light enemies with cursed flames)
10 Chlorophyte Bars
3 Frost Cores

Bracer of the Gods:
1 Fire Gauntlet
1 Ethereal Goblet (accessory made with 150 ichor, makes melee attacks deal ichor damage)
10 Chlorophyte Bars
3 Frost Cores

The cestus and bracer offers the same boosted stats as the gauntlet and mechanical glove), and allows a unique type of special ability concerning most melee weapons. Since they carry all benefits of the previous forms, no downside exists with it. Uniquely, they carry special abilities for each type, which activates on certain kills.

The Blasphemous Cestus makes 1 in 3 kills with melee weapons do a small infernal explosion of cursed flames that lasts for 4 seconds, decimating foes with 25 damage a second for that duration.

The Bracer of the Gods makes 1 in 3 kills done with melee weapons spawn a small yellow circle in the area nearby that makes enemies suffer from Ichor, allowing you to rip foes apart. This effect lasts for 5 seconds.

Normal melee attacks do Frostburn damage for a short duration.

Tooltip of the Blasphemous Cestus: *explains upgrades* "You have descended into damnation."

Tooltip of the Bracer of the Gods: *explains upgrades* "You're have ascended to the gods' favor."

Last edited:
fire gauntlet isn't underpowered. it gives +12% to both damage and melee speed, and 10% weapon size, which is a pretty significant boost.

since its hardmode, you could also just go for both, and since you can already glove stack, that means you could get +30% in all melee stats plus two bonus effects.

Even if it didn't stack, that ichor effect is WAYY WAYYYYYYYYYY too overpowered, and since it isnt ichor, that means you could hypothetical stack it with the flask for a whopping 45 AP, greater than the AP of betsy's wrath and enough to completely pierce through basically every enemy and most boss's defenses.

You could also theoretically make a generator with these, that just spawns a bunch of crabs or whatever to proc the effect like dozens of times per second.

fire gauntlet isn't underpowered. it gives +12% to both damage and melee speed, and 10% weapon size, which is a pretty significant boost.

since its hardmode, you could also just go for both, and since you can already glove stack, that means you could get +30% in all melee stats plus two bonus effects.

Even if it didn't stack, that ichor effect is WAYY WAYYYYYYYYYY too overpowered, and since it isnt ichor, that means you could hypothetical stack it with the flask for a whopping 45 AP, greater than the AP of betsy's wrath and enough to completely pierce through basically every enemy and most boss's defenses.

You could also theoretically make a generator with these, that just spawns a bunch of crabs or whatever to proc the effect like dozens of times per second.
I didn't think of that. Whoops xD

Mechanical Glove has been one of the best accessories for melee since 1.2, where it was just 12% melee damage and speed. Then it got a ton of small buffs, thanks to basically every component it has except Avenger Emblem getting a buff. Fire Gauntlet right now is the second best accessory for melee, only behind Celestial Stone (which is just busted in general), it doesnt need a massive buff like this, especially not one available almost immediately after crafting it.

Mechanical Glove has been one of the best accessories for melee since 1.2, where it was just 12% melee damage and speed. Then it got a ton of small buffs, thanks to basically every component it has except Avenger Emblem getting a buff. Fire Gauntlet right now is the second best accessory for melee, only behind Celestial Stone (which is just busted in general), it doesnt need a massive buff like this, especially not one available almost immediately after crafting it.

I didn't consider that. Thanks!

Nerfing it:

- Both have a 13% boosts compared to the 12%
-Blasphameous Cestus just deals Cursed Inferno damage on melee strikes
-Cestus of the Gods deals offer basic ichor

Nerfing it:

- Both have a 13% boosts compared to the 12%
-Blasphameous Cestus just deals Cursed Inferno damage on melee strikes
-Cestus of the Gods deals offer basic ichor
I like these. All things considered, they really aren't very big buffs. The Mechanical Glove doesn't need any help, don' get me wrong but this isn't much help to give it. For the most part, these effects are just cool, most of what these lingering auras do is something you can already do with flasks. I like it.

One clarification, what does "all melee stats" mean? Is it just what Mechanical Glove already does, or does that include melee crit chance as well? Best to write these things out. If it's crit chance too, then probably not. That's a bit too much, especially given how Mechanical Glove is already a great accessory. I also think they should stay at 12% like their predecessor; seems odd to increase it to 13% out of nowhere.

In addition, I think the names should be more different from each other; they're a little too similar. Maybe "Bracer of the Gods," or "Grasp of the Gods" instead reusing the word Caestus?

Last edited:
I like these. All things considered, they really aren't very big buffs. The Mechanical Glove doesn't need any help, don' get me wrong but this isn't much help to give it. For the most part, these effects are just cool, most of what these lingering auras do is something you can already do with flasks. I like it.

One clarification, what does "all melee stats" mean? Is it just what Mechanical Glove already does, or does that include melee crit chance as well? Best to write these things out. If it's crit chance too, then probably not. That's a bit too much, especially given how Mechanical Glove is already a great accessory. I also think they should stay at 12% like their predecessor; seems odd to increase it to 13% out of nowhere.

In addition, I think the names should be more different from each other; they're a little too similar. Maybe "Bracer of the Gods," or "Grasp of the Gods" instead reusing the word Caestus?
Done. I also added 3 Frost Cores to tye recipe to change it so that now each elemental glove does Frostburn damage on normal attacks, and spawns small circles of the element of the respective of the world 1 in every 3 kills.

I reduced the stats to a 12 percent boost without crit.

This gives each good edge and balance.

I also gave joke appearances to each elemental glove.

I reduced the stats of each glove.

Final note:

Tooltip of the Blasphemous Cestus: *explains upgrades* "You have descended into damnation."

Tooltip of the Bracer of the Gods: "You're have ascended to the gods' favor."

I must ask for clarification, because I feel this distinction is important:

How do these auras work? Do they simply apply the debuff to all inside? Or do they deal their own damage as well as the debuff? If it's just applying the debuff, it might even be  underpowered, as melee has no shortage of ways to apply debuffs. If each aura does its own instance of damage, you might actually get something out of it.

I think this is important to ask, as during an invasion (especially in a Holiday Moon or in Old One's Army) you will be slaughtering enemies by the dozens, creating numerous auras. If several auras end up in the same place, what happens?

I would also like to mention that a 1 in 3 chance is exceptionally high with how many enemies you are going to be killing in a short amount of time; you may want to tone that number down a bit so your screen isn't entirely filled with these giant glowing bubbles (Then again, if Risk of Rain 2 has taught me anything, sometimes that can be quite fun).

I must ask for clarification, because I feel this distinction is important:

How do these auras work? Do they simply apply the debuff to all inside? Or do they deal their own damage as well as the debuff? If it's just applying the debuff, it might even be  underpowered, as melee has no shortage of ways to apply debuffs. If each aura does its own instance of damage, you might actually get something out of it.

I think this is important to ask, as during an invasion (especially in a Holiday Moon or in Old One's Army) you will be slaughtering enemies by the dozens, creating numerous auras. If several auras end up in the same place, what happens?

I would also like to mention that a 1 in 3 chance is exceptionally high with how many enemies you are going to be killing in a short amount of time; you may want to tone that number down a bit so your screen isn't entirely filled with these giant glowing bubbles (Then again, if Risk of Rain 2 has taught me anything, sometimes that can be quite fun).

Uh..sure it could deal some damage in each aura. How about 20 damage per second?

Each aura spawns as a bubble for a couple of seconds.

And how about 1 in 5 kills activates each bubble?

Also remember: regular attacks does Frostburn damage too, regardless of the world.

Although I do hear another problem is that this accessory type is not needed considering how good the Fire Gauntlet is..

Uh..sure it could deal some damage in each aura. How about 20 damage per second?
That sounds pretty good. You're likely to be doing thousands and thousands of DPS at the times you wouldget the most use out of the bubbles, so that sounds fair.

Also remember: regular attacks does Frostburn damage too, regardless of the world.
I dunno if I like this very much. That seems more like something Frost Armor should have. It's not a great effect, but it is somewhat unique; I wouldn't want to take that from Frost Armor.

Although I do hear another problem is that this accessory type is not needed considering how good the Fire Gauntlet is..
I'm a bit in agreement, though I do think the effect is incredibly cool. Maybe leave the Gauntlets out of it and just keep Sinister Conflagration and Ethereal Gauntlet as the own items. Maybe they could use a few buffs, too, since they're no longer attached to an already-good accessory.

That sounds pretty good. You're likely to be doing thousands and thousands of DPS at the times you wouldget the most use out of the bubbles, so that sounds fair.

I dunno if I like this very much. That seems more like something Frost Armor should have. It's not a great effect, but it is somewhat unique; I wouldn't want to take that from Frost Armor.

I'm a bit in agreement, though I do think the effect is incredibly cool. Maybe leave the Gauntlets out of it and just keep Sinister Conflagration and Ethereal Gauntlet as the own items. Maybe they could use a few buffs, too, since they're no longer attached to an already-good accessory.
Alright, here we go.

To make the accessories simple..

Sinister Conflagration: Resembles a giant green fire. Player bodies glow with green flames as they walk with this accessory. Simple recipe is that it costs 200 cursed flames. 1 in 5 kills done with melee weapons spawns a cursed flame circle that homes in on enemies and lasts 5 seconds. It deals 25 damage a second. Attack activation makes the flames grow massive as a warning..to enemies.

Ethereal Goblet: Resembles a clear chalice with gold liquid in it. Craft with 200 Ichor. 1 in 5 melee kills spawns a circle of ichor that moves back and forth in a straight line for 6 seconds. It reduces defense like regular ichor. Players glow golden and holy like. When the attack is activated, a goblet above you spills.

There, boosted.

Back
Top Bottom