terraspark boots aren't worth it

I agree with the underwhelming guy, the only time I used terraspark was on multiplayer worlds where someone grinded that for me and in HC GFB runs (or FTW). The marginal benefits simply aren't worthwhile compared to the massive time sink.

If you're saying playstyle doesn't matter when it comes to viability, then most main DPS type magic weapons are pointless and don't need to exist. But Cobalt armor can be obtained at the exact same stage of progression as other armor sets that do the exact same thing but better. Ankh Shield has the unique effect of giving several status immunities, which nothing else really does, and can also be obtained right at the beginning of Hardmode (and nobody seems to pay any attention to how easy it is to get it using Shimmer). Plus it's an extra 4 defense. It's not really the same; even if it's a bad niche, it's still a niche that nothing else fills.

And as you said even if it does feel like a waste of an accessory slot, you can still have what's basically the same status immunity without actually equipping it if you keep it in your inventory and swap it in when you get a debuff. So in that case it's basically free debuff immunity for no opportunity cost.

I'm not trying to say these items are good in the sense that they're must-have items or are the meta or that they don't deserve a buff. In my opinion it's a boring and uncreative idea that the only buff they need would be to tinker them with some overused item or give them extremely high stats to outshine some other accessory.
They're designed to be utility items and I think if they were to be buffed, it should lean into that aspect of them more. If people don't like them they can just choose not to use them. If I were to buff the Terraspark Boots, I would give them some extensive degree of trap immunity and permanent water and lava breathing (lava shark does both and is easier to obtain so it seems dumb that other things don't). As for the Ankh Shield, I would just add more debuff immunities because the fact that you can use it whenever you want to erase any current ones is already pretty powerful in my opinion.
Most magic weapons are just fine disregarding playstyles tbh. Magic weapons are so diverse that there’s a ton of different builds they can perfectly slot into.
I call ankh shield and terraspark worthless so that I can emphasize to red that they absolutely NEED to be buffed. They’re D tier and not F tier tbf.
Ankh shield is the better of the two though due to being swappable using loadouts and not being outclassed by potions though.

Anyway though I will say that while Terraspark Boots aren't really more than the sum of their parts, it's not like there are too many other options for pre-HM accessories and many players will be using Lightning Boots/Frostspark Boots up until Wall of Flesh anyway.

I think people overestimate how difficult it is to obtain them after the 1.4.4 changes. Realistically, while playing through the game there's a decent chance you'll have all but two or three of the components before Skeletron or WoF. The only ones you really need to go out of your way to obtain are Anklet of the Wind, Water Walking Boots, and the dreaded Ice Skates. (Obsidian Rose feels to me like a free item, and Lava Charm can at least be obtained in several different reasonable ways now.)

If you check out your ocean chests, there's a decent chance of around 50% of getting Water Walking Boots, but you can also have some extra chances to find them in more aquatic chests while exploring underground.
Anklet of the Wind can be tough to obtain, but since the Staff of Regrowth is such a valuable item and Lightning Boots are pretty decent, it's a reasonable item to get and I usually end up finding it by accident while looking for other things.
Ice Skates are probably the hardest considering how nobody wants to go the underground Snow biome anyway. I wouldn't recommend searching for hours for them, but you do have a decent 15% chance to find them in each ice chest so it's not like they're incredibly rare. If you have all other components, you might as well take a dive into the underground snow and see if you can find it.

If you have the Lightning Boots and find these three items in your world, I'd say there's no reason not to try getting everything else to craft the Terraspark Boots.
Otherwise if you'd have to fish to obtain the items for it, or if you're one of those rare players who would rather use obsidian skin potions and water walking potions over their accessory counterparts, then it's not worth trying to obtain it. But otherwise, it's honestly not as much effort as people tend to make it out to be.

They are an ingredient in seraph tracers
Seraph Tracers are my favorite calamity accessory. I really like how they are lit looking spiky wings.
I honestly dont like most of the vanilla wings sprites, they are not clean and spiky enough. Seraph Tracers' wing appearance is perfect for my liking.

Last edited:
The only ones you really need to go out of your way to obtain are Anklet of the Wind, Water Walking Boots, and the dreaded Ice Skates
honestly even the anklet of the wind is a stretch, in my experience you tend to just find multiples of them while you're scouting your jungle out to find the temple while it's still fairly easy to do so

water walkers just kind of happen imo, and ice skates are the only truly annoying part if you ended up saving them for last and you didnt get your life crystals in the ice at first

i think realistically, people just act like they're an awful grind because.. people turn them into an awful grind due to an earlier train of thought that they were mandatory due to letting lava waders be craftable into a super-shoe or whatever. the realization that they're optional has people second-guessing if they should have even been grinding them in the first place, and when you do that you can tend to feel burned depending on your mindset

are you going to chug a swiftness potion every time an enemy gets near you
Yes, because their crafting recipe uses an herb that takes 30 seconds to grow to a harvestable state (not an exaggeration btw) alongside literal cactus. If you mean to tell me literal cactus and one of the cheapest herbs is unreasonable, then you seriously need to reevaluate everything lol.

Yes, because their crafting recipe uses an herb that takes 30 seconds to grow to a harvestable state (not an exaggeration btw) alongside literal cactus. If you mean to tell me literal cactus and one of the cheapest herbs is unreasonable, then you seriously need to reevaluate everything lol.
You need to manage them which is kind of annoying and most people (including me) don't like doing that all the time.
I also don't like starting my herb farm until I get planter boxes from the Dryad, and don't like making potions frivolously until I have the Alchemy Table, and at that point I could probably already have the Terraspark Boots since they're obtainable pre-boss.

I walk across my forest and find a huge iron vein and like 30 dayblooms to make a bunch of ironskin potions but I still make armor

with your logic why make armor if you can just make ironskin potions
Armor stacks with those. Terraspark uses Accrunspeed and as a result requires 115% movement speed minimum before the movement speed stat does anything with them and qs a result does not stack.
You need to manage them which is kind of annoying and most people (including me) don't like doing that all the time.
Well I don’t like wasting accessory slots on an item that doesn’t even do anything most of the time that my mount and potions don’t do.
I also don't like starting my herb farm until I get planter boxes from the Dryad, and don't like making potions frivolously until I have the Alchemy Table, and at that point I could probably already have the Terraspark Boots since they're obtainable pre-boss
Planter boxes are slower than natively planted farms, we’ve been over this about 5 pages ago.

Well I don’t like wasting accessory slots on an item that doesn’t even do anything most of the time that my mount and potions don’t do.
Can you explain what pre-Hardmode accessories are so useful that they make Terraspark Boots irrelevant and a waste of space?

Can you explain what pre-Hardmode accessories are so useful that they make Terraspark Boots irrelevant and a waste of space?
Hand of Creation ingredients, Shark Tooth Necklace, Amphibian Boots, Magma Stone, Feral Claws, Celestial Magnet, Bundle of Balloons, Green Horseshoe Balloon, Pink Horseshoe Balloon…

Armor stacks with those. Terraspark uses Accrunspeed and as a result requires 115% movement speed minimum before the movement speed stat does anything with them and qs a result does not stack.
I know armor and ironskin stack, and swiftness doesn't, but still I'm trying to be civil here
i'd rather run normally with my terraspark boots around my world instead of chugging a swiftness potion or making an asphalt runway for a cave I'm only in because it had some ore I needed
If I use potions, it's for boss fights
I don't either but I don't consider tspark a waste

Back
Top Bottom