Terraria Community Forums

Yuyutsu
Yuyutsu
Sucks that people get worked up over a project a few undertake to make things more fun :/
Khaelis
Khaelis
Amen to that. I'd hate to see one of the best mods vanish because a few people can't agree with some crap.
Fabsol
Fabsol
We'll see what happens. If the arguments continue then I'll make the executive decision to remove the mod from existence.

There are 2 choices here: Polite discourse or inane belligerent arguing
We'll see which one the community chooses.
Khaelis
Khaelis
*sigh* In the end it is your choice, I just hope people don't mess it up for the people who actually enjoy the stuff you've added.
Haymancay
Haymancay
Just ignore those annoying buggers, Calamity Mod is a great mod so don't let anyone get ya down.
Vaikyia
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
I'm very out of the loop, but this sounds like you're holding your mod hostage and threatening to get rid of it because you don't like what people are currently saying. Punishing people that enjoy it because you can't take criticism is very immature and unprofessional.
Yuyutsu
Yuyutsu
I don't think it's the criticism that he's worried about, there are some needless arguments and whatnot going on here and there that shouldn't be happening because, after all, this is just a mod, and so he's tired.
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
Completely removing a mod isn't really the best way to handle it, though. Could always just abandon development of it and leave you wished, at least it'd stlil be out there for the people that enjoyed it.
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
I will admit I am highly out of the loop though, and I'm just speaking based off assumptions - I only skimmed the last page of the thread and saw discussion about Destroyer that was a little heated on one side.
Yuyutsu
Yuyutsu
Yeah, I guess that's a small contributing factor, but there's some other things. Otherwise, Drew's really receptive to criticism (criticism, of course, being actual constructive criticism).
Mille Marteaux
Mille Marteaux
That's good to hear. One of the most important things as a content creator is being able to take criticism, but personally I think some of the most important feedback is what isn't directly shared with you, but what is talked about in general among players.

I'll need to catch up on the last few pages of the thread to really contribute more to this discussion, though, so I'll either go do that or just bow out lol
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
General warning like these (it is a warning, let's be honest) don't work: you need to address the involved parties directly. Disruptive people are not always aware that they are the ones at fault, as this comment chain proves.
Fabsol
Fabsol
Well yeah. This is just a statement as to how infuriated and disappointed I am in certain things. I shouldn't need to confront anyone, it should be rather obvious that causing arguments and strife solves nothing.
Back
Top Bottom