Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
$20 more, 9 less games, and 1 extra controller. Looks like they're trying to sell the unit wholly on Starfox 2 being on it. You know, the Starfox 2 that's been floating around since the beginning of emulation? lol. That Starfox 2.
Xylia
Xylia
At this point, why would anybody give money to Nintendo for their ripoff-level prices and anti-consumerism when you could get a retropie instead for cheaper that can do a whole lot more?
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
It's better to get old games off Virtual Console on your recent Big N console of choice as well.
Xylia
Xylia
Except... I would rather people didn't, because that again is supporting Nintendo's anti-consumer practices. You see, when you buy something from the Wii Virtual Console and get a Wii-U? Guess what? You gotta pay for those AGAIN. And then if you get a 3DS... you gotta pay.....again..... Get a 3DS XL? Yup, have fun buying it A-FREAKING-GAIN.
Xylia
Xylia
If Nintendo weren't lazy, they would make an account system that you could log in with multiple machines, and the games that are available for multiple platforms would only need to be bought ONCE. Kinda like how Steam does it. But no, they aren't going to do that... they can't milk the cow that way.
YoshiGator
YoshiGator
80$ is pushing it for a few games that at best is worth 25$ with what it has. And the surprising thing is its crazy some people dont mind paying for it.
YoshiGator
YoshiGator
Also for the games being linked to an account I think they do it so other people dont get free games off of sharing an account, but they could at least let you at the very minimum link 1 system each to an account. Its dumb that you can link a NNID with 3DS and Wii U but theres no good use with it.
MegaMage314 🌳
MegaMage314 🌳
Wouldn't you have to pay nearly twice as much if you were to get all those games off of the virtual console though?
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Just listing considerations here. I'll gladly stick with emus and whatnot.
MegaMage314 🌳
MegaMage314 🌳
Technically emulators are and always will be superior, but when it comes to options that are legal, I think it's a pretty good deal. Sure, there's less games than the NES classic, but the games themselves are all bigger and better to make up for it.
Daikonradish
Daikonradish
Decisions, decisions...
Xylia
Xylia
Not that anybody cares whether or not ROMs are "legal" or not, lol. They are 20+ year old pieces of software for pete's sake. Nintendo's just milking the oldest shriveled up cow in town, and expecting people to love the nasty curdled milk. Some of the prices they charge on E-Shop are just ridiculous.
Xylia
Xylia
They rival some brand-new games on Steam. I mean, look at the first-gen Pokemon games. Oi. I was tempted to get one on my 3DS until I saw the $20 pricetag and I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE. If they made the prices more reasonable, such as $3 or less per game, I would be more willing to buy a few games for my 3DS. But I ain't paying $20 for a GBA game. Screw that.
Back
Top Bottom