Terraria Community Forums

Xylia
Xylia
So I'm reading reviews for the newest Star Ocean game on steam which looks like it is pretty awesome. It's a remaster of an old game and it looks pretty good from the footage/screenshots. So I scroll down, and... (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
I see some thumbs-down... the complaints? "I have a 144hz monitor and cutscenes don't play properly when I set it at 144 FPS!" "It seems you can't go above 60fps or the game won't run at the correct speed!" "Why ain't this speed stuff fixed!?" wah wah wah wah. (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
At what point did 60FPS suddenly become "not good enough" especially when we're talking about older games that were probably originally released in 30 FPS? Why is it absolutely necessary that you run the game at 144Hz just because you have a 144Hz monitor? The entitlement is just ridiculous.
Xylia
Xylia
We FINALLY get some of these companies to re-release old treasures and immediately, people start crying their eyes out when it ain't perfect. It's just going to make them more hesitant to release more of such games.
Kazzymodus
Kazzymodus
Because that is the standard those people are used to.

As technology improves, so do standards. Of course it's not reasonable to assume old games can run at a FPS that was unfathomable at the time of production, but to expect that contemporary games can run at 144 FPS with the right rig is demanding, but not unreasonably so.
Xylia
Xylia
Of course technology improves, but 4K and 144Hz stuff is still rather expensive, and is nowhere near the standard. 60-80Hz is still the standard that Windows defaults to, and to be honest, it's not like we're talking about 4:3-locked games that won't display properly on Widescreen monitors (cont)
Xylia
Xylia
We're talking about a barely noticeable refresh rate difference. You're not going to notice a huge amount of difference between 60Hz and 144Hz. This isn't like going from 30FPS to 60FPS, where the difference is significantly larger.
Xylia
Xylia
That's like complaining that a new car shakes and shudders when you get up to 80+ MPH when the Speed Limit in 90% of the world is less than 80MPH.
neoselket
neoselket
Wow. It's not as if 60FPS is too slow. It's like how so many people complain about the graphics in skyrim when they're actually pretty amazing, especially for 2011.
Xylia
Xylia
Especially when the original game as I said was likely 30FPS. And it's... A FREAKING J-RPG. Why do you need 144FPS in a J-RPG? Seriously. Maybe if this were a racing game, or some sort of fast-paced first person shmup or something.... but a J-RPG!?
Back
Top Bottom