Terraria Community Forums

MinerTurtle45
MinerTurtle45
because it is???
Xylia
Xylia
because....Kirby? Some people don't care how good or bad a game is, they look more at the franchise. I bet there are people who like Sonic 06. Or FF8. Or FF13.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Oh! *Waves*
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
I Actually Like The FF13 Trilogy, Lightning Returns Is My Favorite. 320+ Hours On ONE Save File.
Xylia
Xylia
To each their own I suppose. I've seen footage of all 3 of the FF13 games and I'd just have to say that they do not even look like FF games to me to be honest.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Yea, I'm Glad You Think Like That "to each their own". Just Because You Dislike Something I Like Doesn't Give You The Right To Spit Hate. I Like People Like You, Xylia.
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
Yeah, I suppose Kirby: Planet Robobot was a good game, but there was so much recycled content and blatant, obnoxious fan service within it that it felt like a cash-grab to me. It just annoys me how this game can manage a higher rating that Triple Deluxe even though they're essentially the same game, just re-stylised.
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
I know that it's not the first time Kirby has re-used the same engine they have previously (Triple Deluxe had the graphics of Return to Dreamland but worse), but honestly, there was basically no graphical improvement and literally almost all of the assets in the game were either entirely reused from RtD or TD or fanservice from other games.
MinerTurtle45
MinerTurtle45
While I do agree that Robobot reused a lot of stuff from Triple Deluxe, Triple Deluxe itself reused a lot of stuff from Return to Dreamland.
MinerTurtle45
MinerTurtle45
On the topic of assets, besides the enemies, which makes a lot of sense, almost everything is newly modeled and textured.
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
All of the bosses weren't original. Clanky Woods was just Whispy again, but that's manageable. The second boss is the only fanservice the game needed. Like, we got Doomers, and the Ice Dragon again. Super cool. But that was just the beginning of a down spiral when it comes to original content.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
@Every Comment After Mine:
06a.png
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
Susie was okay, barring the fact that Haltmann just reuses her assets for his boss fight. Mecha Knight was one of three Meta Knight AI clones in that game. The clones of Dedede were directly ripped off from Masked Dedede's Revenge(and in turn, the playable version of him in RtD). By the time I learned the final boss was a Nova, I felt like I should be shocked, but honestly, I just felt sick.
MinerTurtle45
MinerTurtle45
Just because there's a lot of callbacks to previous games (which happens a lot in the recent Kirby games), that shouldn't cloud the fact that there are so many new things, and that a lot of the callbacks still had to be newly modeled and such.
Back
Top Bottom