Terraria Community Forums

neoselket
neoselket
That's why i haven't been doing things like writing or making comics as much, because without motivation, it's kind of a drag. I enjoy doing it, but when i don't have the willpower or it just isn't fun, it's really hard to do.
Techhunter_Talon
Techhunter_Talon
Yeah, know that.
GreyScale7287
GreyScale7287
i've been like that for too long
VantaRose44
VantaRose44
I know that feeling all too well. It sucks, but thankfully, we have distractions, like games and books. When I feel a bit more depressed than usual, I make up stories in my head, using characters I make up and ones from shows, books, and games.
VantaRose44
VantaRose44
It's kinda like D&D and you're the game master, but you can also be a character in your own story, too. Listening too music adds to it, and helps add a feeling to everything, like an emotional bit much more happy or sad, or a fight a lot more intense or playful.
Xylia
Xylia
I feel like that on and off, sometimes what I find breaks me out of it, is finding something new that grabs my attention, like a new game or something that you've never played before. But then there's always the danger that the new game fails to grab you and you kinda burn out on it a few hours into it.
Xylia
Xylia
But, if it works, perhaps a few days later you'll feel refreshed and can go back to other stuff again.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
I've been suffering from depression all my life, I'm on medication now so I'm fine. If it becomes too much of a problem consider seeing a doctor about possible medications.

Keep in mind depression can have three sources. The first source tells us we are in some way not living healthily. Make sure you are eating right, exercising, and finding a fulfilling purpose to spend time to.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
A damaged mental state can cause depression as well. If you have many unresolved issues from your life and childhood you'll need to see a therapist to get help fixing your mental state.
Grumpy Squid
Grumpy Squid
The third is what I have. Some people's neutral state of dopamine-serotonin balance is disproportionate and out of whack. This leads your neutral state to become a depressive state. Only medication will fix this.

Stay strong, it will be difficult, promise yourself you won't do anything drastic without first talking to a medical professional.
Back
Top Bottom