Dapling
Dapling
There’s a spawn cap of one.
COOKl
COOKl
you can get a pet
The Storm
The Storm
If you spawn multiple with Hero's mod there seems to be a cap of 5, any more spawned afterwards die instantly.
Dapling
Dapling
Yeah, but you just straight up can't have more than one exist in vanilla
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
J Bame
J Bame
There is an entity limit in Terraria. Crawltipedes, like most other worms, are made out of many enemies so spawning multiple of them quickly reaches the cap.
Dapling
Dapling
Isn't the entity limit like 200?
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
That Would Mean That Crawltipedes Would Be 40 Entities. Which Would Actually Be Likely lul
J Bame
J Bame
It is but Crawltipedes are also like 20 enemies in one. Which does make me wonder why you can only spawn so few of them.
Dapling
Dapling
Actually, I can confirm that it's 200. I remember in modded I tried to fight as many moon lords as possible, and they stopped spawning after I summoned 50. The moon lord counts as four entites (3 eyes+core) so it makes sense.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
I Couldn't Spawn Anymore Then 162 Bees While Trying To Reach The Spawn Cap. PS4 In Case You're Wondering
Dapling
Dapling
If you were using a weapon, then projectiles have a different limit
If you were using statues, then the limit includes incidentally nearby enemies, critters, and friendly NPCs anywhere in the world, so you have to factor those in as well.
If you were just waiting for hanging beehives to spawn and then knocking them down, same as statues.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
I Was Breaking Beehives. I Was Using Radar, And It Said 162 Enemies.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
lJl7yN9.jpg

This Is The Image, In Case You Were Wondering
Dapling
Dapling
Ok so that means that 186 slots were accounted for, assuming you had all of the NPCs available in that world.

14 seems like a pretty safe number for enemies that have just wandered out of the radar's range, especially considering you're in a jungle, which boosts your spawnrates.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
I Think I Had All Of Them But Santa, And Tavernkeep, Cause This Was Daniel, My 1.3.1 Character.
Dapling
Dapling
Ok, so that means 185 because I didn't account for santa either.
qwerty3.14
qwerty3.14
I have looked in the source code.
The is a Main.npc[] array wich stores every npc in the world.
I case you don't know arrays have a fixed length...
The length of the Main.npc[] array is 201 so that means there is a max of 201 NPCs per world
The player limit is 255
The Projectile limit is 1001
The dust limit is 6001
The limit of items in the world is 401
The limit on chests is 1000
The limit on signs is 1000
Back
Top Bottom