Terraria Community Forums

Tibithia Σ
Tibithia Σ
You use pickaxes?
Not missiles?
Weak.
The True Destroyer
The True Destroyer
Explosives have limited block breaking abilities, and (unfortunately) do not have progression tiers allowing them to break more blocks.
The Storm
The Storm
Welp, looks like I won't be using pickaxes any more
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
For this reason I've never really understood that do "pure class" playthroughs. I always have a broadsword with me regardless of my class - it does melee damage, but it's just kind of the universal, generic default weapon.
Dapling
Dapling
Pure Class playthroughs are a good way to get started on getting better at the game usually, but once you've learned the game a lot they become a limitation instead of helpful.
The Storm
The Storm
Pickaxe-only challenge when?
Draco63
Draco63
@Storm Diver If you're using the calamity mod, some of their picaxes are pretty OP in terms of combat. In fact, the final pickaxe, the Crystyl Crusher, has 2000 base damage. The wiki even says that although Massive is the best modifier for mining, you can use Legendary if you're using it specifically for combat.
Zero Leord1
Zero Leord1
wOw dude. 2000 is kind of insane, crazy, awesome, etc.
Erinit🌳
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
2000 base damage

jesus christ, i'm going to have to up my game to compete with that
Draco63
Draco63
Oh, if you've played with the Calamity mod, you'll know that it gets way more extreme than that. In fact, one of the final swords does 20,000 base damage when used with its true melee attack.
Dapling
Dapling
Big numbers mean nothing. There's a reason a lot of people start new playthroughs after Moon Lord is defeated in vanilla.
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
Golden Heretic Snakeboat
well, i am planning a weapon that can get over 80000 single target dps

that is, when i get a computer that can run terraria
Draco63
Draco63
@Derpling Ω well, the reason I play calamity is because it gives the feel of a whole new playthrough after moonlord, kind of like beating the wall of flesh all over again.
Dapling
Dapling
Calamity's bosses after moon lord aren't unique enough to fill that niche, though.
Draco63
Draco63
Maybe in your opinion. I think they're still unique enough to be fun, though. Especially compared to the vanilla bosses.
What I really like about it is the design and spritework, though. I haven't seen many mods that actually look as good as Calamity.
And furthermore, the bosses are hard. It's much more satisfying to beat them than the normal bosses.
Dapling
Dapling
Yharon uses Duke Fishron's AI and just has fancier projectiles, Supreme Calamitas is just another endgame boss that boxes you in (Elemental Unleash did it first). And they don't have any interesting gimmicks. They're just flashy mobs with big numbers, and if you're into that sort of thing they definitely accomplish it.
Back
Top Bottom