Search results for query: *

1. Pro Superstar

Expert vs. Master

What are your thoughts on Master mode compared to Expert mode? Does the difficulty make combat feel quicker and exciting or slower and grindy to you? One observation of mine is that even though you lose all your money on death, the extra rewards dropped moves the merchant in earlier and allows...
  2. Pro Superstar

Switch Thorn Coin Bug

Placing a gold coin will cause you to shoot a ~100 damage thorn in the direction of your crosshair. This only works on the last coin in the stack, and from tests so far, does not work with copper or silver coins. I haven't obtained platinum coins yet, so those are untested. Works on both normal...
  3. Pro Superstar

NPCs & Enemies Harder Expert Destroyer

How about in expert mode, the Destroyer will shed its segments, starting at its tail, as it takes damage to increase its speed or increase its turn speed underground, making dodging its head harder for experienced players who know that mobility is an essential part of the fight?
  4. Pro Superstar

Biomes & Nature Critters in trees

Originally a profile post, but I took it here at the suggestion of TheWorfer27. I had an idea for trees that I think should be an interesting atmospheric addition to the game, since the devs have been adding polish to the nature. The first and basic form of this idea would be birds flying away...
  5. Pro Superstar

Other Alternative to character color slider

In Terraria 1.2, the color sliders replaced the old RGB number values we had when choosing colors for our characters. It is a great idea, making character creation faster and simpler. I feel that there was one problem with it, though. Getting the exact colors you want isn't easy using a thick...
  6. Pro Superstar

Why does sand always generate at the edges of jungles?

Title. Is it because it's something that happens in real life? Or is there a desert that's supposed to be generated there that just so happens to also be where the jungle spawns? Just curious.
  7. Pro Superstar

Items Some of my item suggestions

Makeup Case - Placing one near a dresser allows you to change your eye and skin color using any nearby dresser. Suggested size: 2 wide and 1 tall. Jeweler's Eyepiece - Allows you to know the sell value of items without any merchant. Works in your inventory like a component of the cellphone...
  8. Pro Superstar

Builds Need help with stained glass windows

See that? I made it. I think it sucks. I would like some suggestions. How can I make a better frame? What is a better design? What kind of paint works well? I want to work within the dimensions of the room, which measures 61x35. No paint is on anything.
  9. Pro Superstar

Game Mechanics We need a more efficent version of banners!

NOTICE: Ignore the above poll. I closed it so my idea isn't center stage. If you have a different idea PLEASE suggest it! My idea alone isn't going to convince the devs. If you're like me, who has played Terraria for an extensive amount of time, you'll notice that those useful banners really...
  10. Pro Superstar

A question related to trees

What is the height range of plain trees that are naturally spawned (regular and tall sizes) vs. player-grown trees?
  11. Pro Superstar

Explosives Inconsistencies Fix

It always kind of ticked me off that the grenades and bombs had sprite inconsistencies among each other, so I decided to fix that. Variants not seen are unedited. If you wish to edit these to look better, feel free to. I'm not the best in the world. It would be pretty cool if someone made a way...
  12. Pro Superstar

PC Building tip: Decorational shelves

Ever wanted to place, say, a piggy bank, a pot, a candle, or some other platform exclusive block, but didn't want to have the platform or table in the way? Here's a technique you can use to make it 100% decorational! - You need platforms of any kind, and a mechanic. Simply place a platform...
  13. Pro Superstar

NPCs & Enemies Terraria mushroom boss idea

No sprite, but attached is a very rough mockup (although ugly and low quality) So last night I had a dream of fighting this hardmode boss. I thought it was interesting, so I'm going to suggest it. I call it the Mushroom Centipede. It spawns naturally, but the fight will not begin until the...
  14. Pro Superstar

Game Mechanics Multiplayer Interaction

Sure, sure, NPC's can sit in chairs, play rock-paper-scissors, and do other small things, but what about us? Why can't we do those things? Why this is a good idea: Interaction in multiplayer Can be used in video making "I can sit in a chair in singleplayer if I want to!" These actions would...
  15. Pro Superstar

So last light I had a dream about playing Terraria...

I was playing on a "huge" world size. It's larger than large, except hell is at the level of where it would be in a large world, and you can go past hell. Past hell is a biome called the dark cavern, given because when you're within it, you get the darkness debuff. Its made up of a block called...
  16. Pro Superstar

Items New Soul Suggestion

A while back on the old forums, I made suggestions for crimson variants on items (Which for some reason, I can't find). As of 1.3, most of these items came to light. blood(y) water, crimson seeds, crimson mushrooms/powder, and the ichor weed (instead, the deathweed got a retexture to fit the...
  17. Pro Superstar

Why Terraria should be the new Minecraft

So a while ago, Mojang was bought by Microsoft, and chances are (not saying it will) it may be abandoned in the future, so therefore the sandbox crown is waiting for its potential new owner. My point is, I wanted to ask how much stuff is in each game so I can collectively create a chart with...
Back
Top Bottom