Game Mechanics 0th Second

Spiderr

Plantera
In Terraria, debuffs and buffs that aren't infinite have this weird feature where they count the 0th second. Here's an example
IMG_20190112_235928861.jpg

I find this very misleading especially for debuffs like healing potion sickness and the rod of discord debuff (I forgot the names). I really request that they remove this 0th second and have the potions end after second 1, not 0

I think the "0th second" as you call it just means that there's less than 1 second remaining on the timer, but the buff or debuff is still active until the icon goes away.

Terraria rounds down seconds, such as how the minute of potion sickness turns to 59 seconds in less than a seconds.
I know, what I'm suggesting is that they don't do that, and make it end at 1. I don't want it affecting how long it is, all I'm suggesting is having it end after 1, not 0

I know, what I'm suggesting is that they don't do that, and make it end at 1. I don't want it affecting how long it is, all I'm suggesting is having it end after 1, not 0
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you want the visual timer to round up instead of down? (Start at 1 minute or whatever the length of the buff is, end at 1)

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you want the visual timer to round up instead of down? (Start at 1 minute or whatever the length of the buff is, end at 1)
Yes, exactly. I don't want the length to be changed, just the fact that it goes finishes after 0 and not 1

It might throw off players who are used to it being the way it is. The 0 second thing is kind of ugly though, maybe they could replace it with something else at that point, and have the picture above it do a pulsing fading animation to show it's about to go away
I completely agree, just a note though, any changes will probably throw someone off, that's the point of change, but sometimes, it's for the better

Back
Top Bottom