PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you change the config options that allow you to get rid of things like Quick-Trash? I checked the wiki, but it gave no information on the subject.

prolly old files if there old world. or currupted and such.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435884297,1435884216][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope Plantera did the same thing and it was 9pm when we tried doing the 3 mechas boss achievement :s they all despawned
i'll start making a list of "all 1.3.0.3 bugs"
[DOUBLEPOST=1435884502][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope Plantera did the same thing and it was 9pm when we tried doing the 3 mechas boss achievement :s they all despawned
does this happen during boss battle or the moment you summon it?

both moments
platera despawned pronto
the others some durring spawn moment and battle moment :s and everyone was alive durring that

both moments
platera despawned pronto
the others some durring spawn moment and battle moment :s and everyone was alive durring that
so at random times?
do they despawn when they go off screen for a few secs?
what else?

"While fighting the Moon Lord, it is possible to kill the group of Cultists a second time; summoning the Lunatic Cultist. This allows for faster farming. This can create a bug in which you cannot fight the Moon Lord again on the current world if you kill the Lunatic Cultist first." Could you guys fix this bug in the next update? I accidentally caused this bug. Thank you!

I was farming moon lord using the specter set and the nebula fist cannon weapon. Everytime I finally finished the 4 events (having to get passed those stupid Srollers who dive onto the screen and bounce into me for 850 damage yes good job nerfing that I KNEW it was a bug) I would break into a cold sweat about halfway through the fight as the lifesteal mechanic STILL REQUIIRED SKILL FROM ME to defeat him.... I STILL needed to avoid most of his stuff and make sure I didn't lose concentration even once to kill him. On normal mode.

I log back in today and there's an update, I tried to kill him and it wasn't working!! You're saying attack myself? The projectile from the weapons I use hits targets that are attached to me always, like the brain sucker from the pink event, the moment they're on me I know they're on me, I shoot and I see the lifebar go down and see it explode, but for this tentacle you're all harping on about, NO NOTHING, I don't see anything attached to me with a healthbar that I can kill, nothing takes any damage and I'm left watching my health wittle away desperately trying to hang on until my potion timer resets but I never get far enough to use another one!!! After setting in my head that I can do it now, I can farm him now, I got this down, and being excited coming home from work to continue farming and see what new items I get and can make to find that it's now IMPOSSIBLE is really DEPRESSING! You have to think guys, your jobs were to sit and play this game, then you decided to change this based on whatever information you got in the 24 hours following a year long development, it's easy for you, but I was at a factory driving a forklift truck ALL DAY with it in my head that the game works one way, then get home and it doesn't work! It's DEPRESSING, and ruined my evening!!! I've spent half the night reading up on why the hell you did this and making this post in an attempt to coerce you to change it back!

This is really, really bad development here guys, I appreciate the tons of new items, it was a lot of work, but having the boss drop the items you need to kill the boss that drops the items is a really really bad way to do things. This is the kind of thing you do if you want to also sell the gear on a micro transactions page to force players to spend money, not what you do to people who've been waiting like a year for this content update to release. I've hit a series of brick walls of frustration with this patch. The lifesteal change on Moon Lord is very painful.

I remember the tense feeling of running from fishron as he closed in, I know if he hits me I'm gonna die so I switch to the vampire knives and throw a few out, my life starts peppering back up and it's a sigh of relief, I might make it after all. IT'S BEEN A PART OF THE GAME FOR AGES WHY REMOVE IT?????

Here's what I think you should do:
Take lifesteal off vampire knives and specter hood. Give them something different. Vampire knives steal the enemy's strength, sapping 1% damage from the target and giving it to you per hit maxing out at 30% or something. Specter hood grants stealth effects. Something like that, yeah?
Now, add another item like the life hearts, life fruits into the game which gives a stacking permanent lifesteal effect. Like 0.1% lifesteal per one of these items used, maxing out at 3% or something.

There, now every build can lifesteal. You might need to adjust some numbers here and there to make sure people can't just effortlessly facetank everything, like decreasing the value by a percentage based on how much defense your character has, but honestly if we've put all this time and effort into farming these items and getting this far, we should be able to feel pretty facetanky and godly in power. Do you want us to be 96 years old crapping into a plastic bag still trying to find a way to kill Cthulhu or do you want us to feel like we actually getting somewhere and achieved something? I reiterate. It still requires skill to kill things even with lifesteal items.

It feels really gimpy to still have to use these crappy knives from a content update like 3 years ago to make meleeing solo a viable option. It was feeling broken and gimpy that maybe specter set was gonna be more effective at endgame than actual endgame armour because of the lifesteal. But now it feels broken that it's not viable to kill this boss!

Removing it is completely the wrong option, making people who have been playing this way since the items were introduced HAVE to do something different, it's rude to us! It was rude to put the gear needed to kill the boss, as a boss drop, too!! I reiterate, this was a bum move! You should have put in ways to acquire a set of gear that can be used to kill him in BEFORE killing him.

AND THIS IS ON NORMAL MODE.

On expert it's stupid because if you have less than 110 defense and don't have a worm + turtle shell, that laser is gonna cut your health off by 2/3 and you're gonna have to dodge and weave for FORTY FIVE SECONDS (lasers every 15 seconds) in order to heal back up.

Maxing out damage is not viable because you have to cross over him to get to his other hand and lol you're dead if you do that on expert mode in ranger or mage gear!!

If this whole 'shoot the tentacle' crap isn't removed (because it's a finicky mechanic in a fight that already has alot to concentrate on, like shaking off a rabbit trying to hump your leg during a zombie apocalypse, and doesn't even work for me anyway) or lifesteal isn't reimplemented to make all builds viable for solo play, then I'll just wait for a savegame editor and give my character 10,000,000 health, or download an all items map to just give myself everything that I'm currently frustrated as hell trying to get.

I'm pretty sure that isn't how you want your players to play your game.

really? are you sure it's not the begging of day or somthing?o_O
no it was plain night not even 1pm when it happened with the three mechas and with plantera it just ran away into the hell layer :s
[DOUBLEPOST=1435885211,1435885149][/DOUBLEPOST]
like this but down?
kind of like that it just runs away and vanishes into hell insta despawn

no it was plain night not even 1pm when it happened with the three mechas and with plantera it just ran away into the hell layer :s
[DOUBLEPOST=1435885211,1435885149][/DOUBLEPOST]
kind of like that it just runs away and vanishes into hell insta despawn
interesting. do you have any mod?

Just ran the boss a number of times with friends, ending with deaths all around and no defeat of the Moon Lord. The leeches can NOT be broken in any shape or form, I've tried everything at my disposal, as did my friends. I shot the typhoon at the ground to destroy it, I stood in the fire of an Inferno Fork, I even had friends attacking in the same area as me so the typhoons would bounce several times over us. Nothing. Not only that but the leech debuff sticks WAY too long, as by the time it ticks off, the leech has been detached about 1/3 of the way into the debuff timer.

Sorry, but this needs serious adjustment. This feels like a (horrible) stopgap solution to "Oh, healing mages are soloing this, let's fix that." Again, I ask that the latest tweak either be removed, or changed to something that is more... manageable? Let's also shoot for instinctive, like shoot the tether between his head and the leech Not only that, but the debuff needs to be reworked to where it doesn't completely neuter us who use healing to the point that we're an easy target. The debuff should disappear as soon as the leech is destroyed or it releases us.

The strategy of us healing mages is a legit one and it hinges on a playstyle that was created when the Spectre set came to be added to the game. Now we're having our hands slapped and getting told "Ah ah ah! Can't let you do that Star Fox!"? Seriously? This is horribly thought out.

So when can we get a Mac or Linux mono compatible build of the dedicated server? I know the client still needs testing, but is the server that far off as well? I expect it should require a minimum of Mono 4.0, and bundle its own copy of the FNA or whatever MonoGame equivalent framework it uses so it will run within Mono. It need not bundle a platform specific distribution of Mono as well, at least not for Linux.

I was farming moon lord using the specter set and the nebula fist cannon weapon (this is way too long to quote)
Disregarding the thing about standardizing lifesteal (which is not fun for any class), one strat that is ridiculously abused is the fact that you can run. Run like the wind, and get the Moon Lord 3-10 screens off. Shoot a homing weapon like the Snowman Cannon and Razorblade Typhoon. Profit. Seriously, it's almost ridiculous. You're not in any danger of dying, and with the Vortex stealth buff it takes 1/2 a lap around the map to kill the Moon Lord.

Just ran the boss a number of times with friends, ending with deaths all around and no defeat of the Moon Lord. The leeches can NOT be broken in any shape or form, I've tried everything at my disposal, as did my friends. I shot the typhoon at the ground to destroy it, I stood in the fire of an Inferno Fork, I even had friends attacking in the same area as me so the typhoons would bounce several times over us. Nothing. Not only that but the leech debuff sticks WAY too long, as by the time it ticks off, the leech has been detached about 1/3 of the way into the debuff timer.

Sorry, but this needs serious adjustment. This feels like a (horrible) stopgap solution to "Oh, healing mages are soloing this, let's fix that." Again, I ask that the latest tweak either be removed, or changed to something that is more... manageable? Let's also shoot for instinctive, like shoot the tether between his head and the leech Not only that, but the debuff needs to be reworked to where it doesn't completely neuter us who use healing to the point that we're an easy target. The debuff should disappear as soon as the leech is destroyed or it releases us.

The strategy of us healing mages is a legit one and it hinges on a playstyle that was created when the Spectre set came to be added to the game. Now we're having our hands slapped and getting told "Ah ah ah! Can't let you do that Star Fox!"? Seriously? This is horribly thought out.
I have slightly the same problem... are you saying you can't hit them all together? there invulnerable?

Do you want us to be 96 years old crapping into a plastic bag still trying to figure out how to defeat Cthulhu or do you want us to feel like we are making achievements and making progress?

You should let us power through this with lifesteal items like you've let us do since you released those items. This is a brick wall for 75% of people who play this game and considering it's a game about diversity and build variety it's really a bum move to prohibit us from doing what we do.

It's like if Sega released a patch for Sonic the Hedgehog that prevented you from jumping on robotniks' head during the final boss battle. If they did that they'd just P off alot of kids and depress alot of adults as they shout at the screen and break their consoles. Which is what you've done to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom