PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I found out what the golden animals are for. :| (They are just decoration. also, you don't need a golden net to catch them.)

Attachments

• Capture 2015-07-02 19_08_10.png
    Capture 2015-07-02 19_08_10.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 210
I have slightly the same problem... are you saying you can't hit them all together? there invulnerable?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I can not hit the leeches AT ALL. I get to watch as it inevitably latches on to me and takes away a core aspect of my play style for a period of time that is just plain unfair. Provided my friends and I changed up our roles, did a little preparation, and got further that we have before, but even then? The suggestion to "attack ourselves" to get rid of the leeches is one that doesn't work at all and we ultimately died. Between the adds that we can't kill tackling us, adds that we can't kill lasering us, and adds that we can't kill just hanging around and then exploding... Yeah. :/

here's something that made me really uncomfortable:
I put a torch down, revealing some floating island houses so I can see it. The npc's start resting there, and even if I click on the NPC to make it rest in my town, It somehow dies(?) , respawns and sets his/her place in the floating islands again.

interesting. do you have any mod?
/rant=true
The problem is the freaking range. Range abuses the living hell out of the fact that the Moon Lord's abilities have a small range compared to Snowman Cannon. I think that the leech should be changed into a projectile (fast) that when hit, disables healing for 3 seconds. It probably would be cool to be more rapidly fired as the Moon Lord gets weaker (e.g. every 10-15 sec to every 4).
Also, another thing should be added. The Moon Lord should also fire a laser blast that does comparative damage to its other laser, but it fires in a direction and has a slight delay. It has a 3000 block range, but the catch is that it has a slight delay (and a visual indicator), and also cannot fire when the player is closer than 500 blocks. This should be somewhat spammable (e.g. from every 5 to every 2 seconds) and somewhat dodgeable to provide counterplay. That means that every class has its disadvantages. If the player chooses to use long-range weapons, they are in danger of being constantly chunked out if they are not careful. Magic users (especially Spectre armor users) must also dodge, and manage their healing. Melee users can't constantly spam their VK.
Seriously, I have no idea why people don't use Snowman Cannon to farm the Moon Lord. It's easy, and you don't even need a skybridge. All you need is some movement items (Cosmic Car Key and the Master Ninja Gear work well) and get him 2-10 screens off. Then run one direction, and hold left click.
/rantover=true

most likely a bug... hopefully will be patched in 1.3.0.4 if not (this is kinda risky(you have been warned!)) try backing up your character and reinstalling terraria 1.3.0.3
the character restarting is the least of my problems xD I can do the same thing over with a character, this one is just the main I have used in the past 3 days

are you save & quitting whilst the event is going on?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886115,1435886050][/DOUBLEPOST]SacredCaedeus are you getting off in the middle of a lunar event?
No. I die from the Lunar boss most of the time when it happens. I'm on my 15th try. 12 are from the lunar boss. The other 3 are when I face a pillar and die inside them.

here's something that made me really uncomfortable:
I put a torch down, revealing some floating island houses so I can see it. The npc's start resting there, and even if I click on the NPC to make it rest in my town, It somehow dies(?) , respawns and sets his/her place in the floating islands again.
most likely a bug D:
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886432,1435886330][/DOUBLEPOST]
No. I die from the Lunar boss most of the time when it happens. I'm on my 15th try. 12 are from the lunar boss. The other 3 are when I face a pillar and die inside them.
maybe when you die too much it despawns.

Ill see if any other boss/event has the same effect on vanishing so far I could kill the destroyer in a couple of minutes before it could even despawn now Ill
see if the lunar event is safe :)

Never mind about the 3 pillar problems. I just died in one, and it didn't happen.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886698,1435886542][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, by the way, does anybody have a good tactic for the lunar boss? I need one. I am really mad about dying 12 times from him.

wait am I not under standing something when you say lunar boss do you mean 'Moon lord' because when I died to him he despawned
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886765,1435886731][/DOUBLEPOST]ohh you mean 12 attempts
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never mind about the 3 pillar problems. I just died in one, and it didn't happen.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435886698,1435886542][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, by the way, does anybody have a good tactic for the lunar boss? I need one. I am really mad about dying 12 times from him.
what are you using?

if you know how to portforward and have friends that play terraria you can inv them. just a suggestion:p

I am using Beetle Armor, Nebula Glove thing, Nebula Orb thing, Vampire knives, razorblade typhoon, mana flower, all things with Arcane ability, like Arcane Fishron wings, LOTS OF MANA POTIONS, and lots of health potions, and the Vortex Beater. With Venom and Chropyhlite bullets, or however you call them
[DOUBLEPOST=1435887085,1435887043][/DOUBLEPOST]I have no friends on steam, thats the thing. If I did, I would Totally.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435887136][/DOUBLEPOST]Also now all spectre armor. Im done with beetle

before the buff I used: (idk the little enchantment things I used)
spectre armor
fishron wings
magic cuffs #neverusemanapotsagain
ahnk shield
sorccer emblem
and star veil #liveforever (not star cloak)
weapons!
razorblade typhoon mostly (90% of the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom