PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're working on it, so just be patient. It'll take a long time. Besides, Terraria isn't the only game they made
It's certainly one of their more popular franchise. I'll be patient it's just I don't understand how call of duty can throw out patches every month for a high quality shooter but terraria a pixel game just copying past updates it can be done faster surely

It's certainly one of their more popular franchise. I'll be patient it's just I don't understand how call of duty can throw out patches every month for a high quality shooter but terraria a pixel game just copying past updates it can be done faster surely
We're getting really offtopic here, so let's just stop here

We're getting really offtopic here, so let's just stop here
You see my point though? They make all that money at 505 and can't even get an update out in a couple of months. Seriously?
[DOUBLEPOST=1435889593,1435889574][/DOUBLEPOST]
You see my point though? They make all that money at 505 and can't even get an update out in a couple of months. Seriously?
Rant over XD

[DOUBLEPOST=1435889593,1435889574][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rant over XD

You have absolutely no clue how long porting things can take.

It isn't a simple matter of copying files and pasting them. Computers and video game consoles are VERY different in how they work. 505Games essentially has to recode the entire patch, then they have to work out bugs which can take MONTHS.

Anyways, good job ironing out some bugfixes and adding some new features.

OK, moon lord is really hard to do right now (even with best gear), as soon as the leech debuff occurs you have 5 have seconds to move fast or lose your...ahem .

When you die from the Moon Lord, are you supposed to do the whole Lunar event and Lunatic Cultist thing again?o_O

Yes, yes you are. It's not too bad XP

@sammytee155 Dude. Chill. I beat him no problem, it's not the tongue tentacle thing you have to worry about, he'll suck 3 orbs out of you when it's attached. Just blow those up. I farmed him enough in Beetle armor to get the melee endgame, then I just used it's tanky AF defense to own him another 17 times. I've killed the Moon Lord 22 times. So chill. Take your time, prepare for the fight (Buff out your :red:) and get an Unreal Megashark to begin with. You'll do fine, just don't give up! :)

Another update already? Wow the pc is getting a lot of attention right now hah at least it's just a bug fix update. Yes I understand the pc was the first one but why can't they add all the same updates at the same time instead of giving attention to the pc and not as much on mobile and not on console at all.

Another update already? Wow the pc is getting a lot of attention right now hah at least it's just a bug fix update. Yes I understand the pc was the first one but why can't they add all the same updates at the same time instead of giving attention to the pc and not as much on mobile and not on console at all.
This has been said a million times: Re-Logic handles the updates for PC, while other companies handle Console & Mobile.

The only other thing with Terraria that the Devs have some say on are the Mac (there is a port coming for this, right?) and PC versions. The mobile and console versions are handled by a different company. It is up to them when they finish porting updates to those systems (which they will).

Wait, let me get this straight. 1.2 "endgame gear" was split into melee having high damage or defense, ranged having invisibility and different helmets for different weapon types, and mage head life steal to survive longer or high amounts of damage. The thing about this was, the melee with its defense(going into the 100s with warding accessories) had access to vampire knives on a crimson world, these knives had weaker healing then the mage set. After a while they nerfed the healing mage set, making you do reduced damage, but increasing the healing from the gear, in the end the healing came to about the same as before, but you had to take longer fighting foes due to the -40% magic damage. Now, practically the only way mages had a chance to kill the ML(besides the terribe "cheese" that is teleporting to nurse, healing, then going back to fight ML and repeating that) has been nerfed to a point that the fight is so painful the rewards are NOT worth what it takes to get them, I would be fine if you had taken down some of his health, at the moment he has 45k on the center eye, and 50k on his chest. Without the healing from the mage set you want us to kill ML when he has 100k+ health(hands, head, chest) using a healing potion every 45-60 seconds?

Without the healing from the mage set you want us to kill ML when he has 100k+ health(hands, head, chest) using a healing potion every 45-60 seconds?

Do not forget regen (and other buffs) from campfires, potions, honey, heart lanterns, and various buff stations.

Yes, yes you are. It's not too bad XP

@sammytee155 Dude. Chill. I beat him no problem, it's not the tongue tentacle thing you have to worry about, he'll suck 3 orbs out of you when it's attached. Just blow those up. I farmed him enough in Beetle armor to get the melee endgame, then I just used it's tanky AF defense to own him another 17 times. I've killed the Moon Lord 22 times. So chill. Take your time, prepare for the fight (Buff out your :red:) and get an Unreal Megashark to begin with. You'll do fine, just don't give up! :)
It kind of is. If I endured a 10 min fight with 5 bosses, I want to at least be able to summon him with something. Maybe combine the fragments to create a summon item? Also, the update has completely ruined the fight as a Mage. I never fought him before this patch, but I shouldn't be 3 shotted and unable to do even scratch damage.

"But it's supposed to be hard!" Yes, but not impossible! I can't get 5 shots on him without dying. Please make him at least manageable. I don't want to just give up forever on beating him.

Do not forget regen (and other buffs) from campfires, potions, honey, heart lanterns, and various buff stations.
That is true, though with his attacks doing 50+ damage a hit and multiple attacks at the same time, my health melts. For what ever reason, it seems he is much faster than before(keeping up with me on my asphalt sky bridge with specter boots)

So, I don't know if anyone else is encountering this bug, nor do I really know where to report it, but every time I try to change characters/worlds, the game crashes, which in turn also crashes steam.... And just the last time I tried to do so, it crashed simply after I pressed "save and exit"

It kind of is. If I endured a 10 min fight with 5 bosses, I want to at least be able to summon him with something. Maybe combine the fragments to create a summon item? Also, the update has completely ruined the fight as a Mage. I never fought him before this patch, but I shouldn't be 3 shotted and unable to do even scratch damage.

"But it's supposed to be hard!" Yes, but not impossible! I can't get 5 shots on him without dying. Please make him at least manageable. I don't want to just give up forever on beating him.

He is manageable o_O And you know you can take breaks between each pillar right? I unload on one pillar, restock ammo and health and potions, then go fight the next. You can even leave your world to do this, if you'd rather restock at an all items map. As long as you don't leave after killing the fourth pillar, or die after doing so, then you'll be able to fight him. Takes me 8 mins tops to complete everything, including the ML himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom