1.3.2 Questions/Discussion/Suggestions

More building blocks. As someone who builds a lot more than fights, I want even more options. I want to see us get some proper Celestial bricks instead of the amalgamated mess that we have with them, and some gem-themed blocks/items would be appreciated too.

What about some sort of optional Sky boss in Pre-Hardmode? That would be cool.
We already have two optional bosses...
If anything, I would like a third moon. First two were great, and I would like the third, hardest one. I have no idea, which holiday it should represent.

We already have two optional bosses...
If anything, I would like a third moon. First two were great, and I would like the third, hardest one. I have no idea, which holiday it should represent.

Easter is probably the only other viable one, so I think Easter Moon.

Now that we've got sensors... I think we need more sensors. For example, one gives signal when rain starts\stops. Or one that gives signal for blood moon\eclipse.

We know that 1.3 is a better update. Not an inflated one with lot of items. So 1.3.2 should focus on improvement I think.

What king of ameliorations ? Well, fixing the Lunatic Cultist drop (yes it's already been told). I think about some new modifiers for summoners weapons and fishing rods. These are really important to me. But there are many other things to do.

One Yoraizor liked my post about bosses for hardmode desert and prehardmode floating islands. We all can agree floating islands feel pretty empty and that there is no reason to go and fight the hardmode desert enemies. (do not even tell me about the sun and moon masks...)

Revamped Pyramids: Make it so at least one pyramid is guaranteed to spawn in a world, and make the interior bigger and more trap-filled. Maybe add some of the new mechanisms introduced in 1.3.1. Some of the old pyramid loot could be added to regular chests in the desert and swapped out for shiny new stuff.
Deserts were nicely expanded upon in the last year, but they're not quite there yet, so I agree. I haven't seen many pyramids in my Terraria time, and when I do, I visit them once and never come back because they're no longer relevant. The Flying Carpet/Sandstorm in a Bottle are really nice accessories, but they're among the rarest to obtain. Probably for good reason though, as they're highly useful...

More pre-hardmode summons: Maybe one of the new desert items can be a Scarab Staff that summons attack beetles. Summoning could really use some more early items that are easier to get than the Slime Staff.
While some Summoners can get along just fine with the holy trinity of pre-hardmode, a weak earlygame minion would help a lot, as opposed to hoping I get lucky and find a Slime Statue at the beginning of the game. With the high abundance of Antlions as of 1.3, you would expect there to be more recipes with Antlion Mandibles. But surprise, not a single one. Why don't we introduce an Antlion Staff that does equal or less damage than the Baby Slime, and summons a small Antlion Charger to headbutt nearby enemies? Or a weak stationary Antlion that spits fabricated sand blocks for a short amount of time.

Hardmode throwing items/armor: If throwing items are meant to be subsumed by melee in hardmode, then why even add a new damage type? Things like crystal knives/javelins would help flesh out the throwing class more. Maybe introduce dual-type damage and make boomerangs/thrown melee weapons deal either melee or thrown damage.
The amount of Thrower suggestions on this forum is ever-growing, and rightfully so. At this point, since so many melee/ranged/throwing weapons feel similar, dual-type damage would be something to look into. I'm not sure if it's possible to implement this, but it would be the biggest solution to weapons like the Daybreak and Shadowflame Knife being considered just melee damage and not throwing as well.

The thing is that making a new throwing class would pretty much make them make a new lunar event boss, and I don't think they'd like to change the lunar event a lot.
Also, a throwing emblem and all that jazz, etc.
A new pillar would not only be a lot of hard work, but it would also make the events more tedious for players who regularly grind them. If a Thrower pillar was added, it would probably be white/yellow and based off of comets, because yes. But I think the most simple solution is to make throwing weapons made of all the existing fragments, each with their own effects. The endgame armor would simply be plain Luminite armor, maybe. Giving Throwers an interesting change in path of gameplay kinda like the Summoner has.

IMO they should at least add in the Jungle mimic already.
Definitely. Let's have the Jungle Mimic drop some ancient tools/mechanisms, akin to those seen in the Lihzahrd temple. Something to compliment the new wiring stuff. Or maybe a summon/throwing weapon since those are kinda needed cx

We already have bow on Crystal bow tier, it's dropped from Hallowed Mimic.
I don't see the point in crystal Armor at all.

Well it WOULD make a nice alternative early hardmode armour. I can definitely see Crystal Armour being Magic and Ranged based armour.

I would like to see more paint colors. We have all kinds of crazy dye colors, but so few paint colors. I think we should at least be able to mix any color with white to get a lighter color, and any color with black to get a darker color.

Also in adventure maps players can sometimes forget the clues they saw on a sign and have to go back to read them again. If they can't get back to them, well they have a problem. XD So I think it would be great if we had writable books in the game, maybe make it so you can have at least 10 pages of text if not more. You should be able to get books from the dungeon, some black ink, and a harpy feather and craft it into a writable book at a table. Then you left-click to open the book to read/edit and right-click to place or pickup from a table or platform it was placed on. It should also have a dye slot so you can pick what color you want the book to be. Use a bright and crazy color dye if you want the player to really notice it and pick it up.

There are a few other things I think really should have been in the 1.3.1 update that weren't. A sound box that plays a sound effect when activated. Like if you could open it up and get a long list of sound effects from the game to use, and maybe some more that are just for the sound box.
Also why can't you hammer Player Sensors to turn them left, right, or down? They should have made it so you could do that with them.

Back
Top Bottom