tModLoader [1.3.4.4] Upgrade System - Dushy's Upgrade

how does the upgrade stones work? I use them they do their sound effect but nothing happens.
Either your weapon and or item is at the max level (11) or that item cant be upgraded, if you want to upgrade something then it has to be in the first slot of your hotbar. And if none of the above apply then reinstall the mod and see if it works.

This Mod is very Interesting!
[doublepost=1482370288,1482370159][/doublepost]
Thanks again, you do so beautiful sprites, thanks for your support !
Gonna work hard to pull a good upgrade system
Aranca New Npc :D

Just a couple questions about this mod:

1) What exactly does upgrading do? Is it a flat damage increase? % damage? Does it do something else entirely?

2) Does it work with the game's built in weapon modifier system?

This mod is great in that it can make normally unviable weapons, viable. The problem is that it only affects damage, so I suggest adding in a future update variations of the upgrade scrolls that boost weapon speed, crit chance, etc.

What are the odds of getting an upgrade at +7 and beyond? I just spent a crapload of gold and it never went past +7.. makes it seem kinda completely pointless to do anything except buy the +x scrolls to guarantee your upgrade..

What are the odds of getting an upgrade at +7 and beyond? I just spent a crapload of gold and it never went past +7.. makes it seem kinda completely pointless to do anything except buy the +x scrolls to guarantee your upgrade..

U forgot the fact that +11 is pretty op. And makes things to easy when u get it to fast the way it is currently gives u the Possibility to get op stats on a certain weapon but only if u work for it.
My only suggest would be that lower Tier weapons have a higher chance to get upgrades. Means u have higher chance and faster Upgrade for a copper sword but its harder and needs more effort + rng for a Terrarian Yoyo.

U forgot the fact that +11 is pretty op. And makes things to easy when u get it to fast the way it is currently gives u the Possibility to get op stats on a certain weapon but only if u work for it.
My only suggest would be that lower Tier weapons have a higher chance to get upgrades. Means u have higher chance and faster Upgrade for a copper sword but its harder and needs more effort + rng for a Terrarian Yoyo.

OK makes sense. Thanks!

Yeah, great mod. It certainly enhanced the Terrarian experience. I tried out lifesteal and it doesn't seem to work? I assume only movement speed works but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Drop rate's good. It's a bit hard to find Blessed Stones early but I figure if the drop rates were too good, then it'd be too easy in the late game.

I'm a bit unsure on how scrolls of protection work, is it that you apply it to an item and then it'll be protected for one breakage? If so, perhaps a protected item should get a prefix stating it's protected?

After testing things out via Cheat Sheet, I must say... great job on the RNG. I had conjured up 999 Blessed Stones to use on a Starfury +4 and after 50 stones, it was still only in the +5/+6 range at best, then it broke. I thought that crit failures would simply automatically consume the scroll of protections in my inventory... So I repaired it with a scroll of repair and then applied scroll of protection. Another 50 or so stones and it reset, and yet another 50 or so stones, I was still only on Starfury +5.

So... excellent RNG. Since it means after the first +4, we're pretty much reliant on the Scrolls? What does it take to proc the +11 Scroll from the merchant?

Perhaps the Blessed Stones can be used as part of a recipe? Say, Blessed Bars? Which can be used to combine with gear to upgrade them fairly reliably until +8?

So, say 10 Blessed Stones = 1 Blessed Bar. Which can be used to reliably upgrade up to +8.
5 Blessed Bars = 1 Blessed Alloy. Which can be used to reliably upgrade to +10.

Just some random ideas... maybe have the NPC have a tutorial option where he explains how upgrades work?

Again, great mod. Regardless of it being Terraria or some other game, I love mods that spice things up just by changing one aspect.

Yikes.

OK so the Void element pretty much breaks the game. If you use a weapon with insanely fast speed, like the Mega Shark, you can face tank pretty much anything as long as they have parts you can hit (Moon Lord is the only boss I can think of that becomes undamageable for a time).

I would recommend changing the life steal to life on hit. Either have it heal flat x amount of damage per hit, or have it heal x% of your life on hit. I would also STRONGLY recommend normalizing the life on hit for attack speed. For example:

You gain 1 life per hit at 1 attacks per second. If you're hitting 5 times per second, then the life on hit is reduced to 1 / 5 = 20% of the base life on hit. This would ensure that no matter what weapon you use, the expected healing stays pretty consistent.

eaa35578ae.jpg

Woo my Favorite Weapon is useable err.. until i +11 something else, haha.

Suggestion:
2f12925dc5.jpg

i suggest removing the drop rates from statue spawned enemies, not just bunnys all statues, especially when i afk farm to grind the scrolls while i am asleep haha. Good Mod though, too strong atm.

I actually think this mod is fine in a conventional playthrough. At least, until hardmode. Since I just had a casual-ish playthrough on normal using this and the RPG classes mod. I wasn't playing in an optimal way, I intentionally played like I would have had I first started Terraria, which is to say lots of digging and slow exploration, as opposed to running across the surface to get start up gear. It took me a full couple days to trigger hardmode. Progression-wise, it felt very good. Although right after hardmode, I got impatient and just maxed my character out. Which is why I dunno how it fairs post-hardmode.

I actually think this mod is fine in a conventional playthrough. At least, until hardmode. Since I just had a casual-ish playthrough on normal using this and the RPG classes mod. I wasn't playing in an optimal way, I intentionally played like I would have had I first started Terraria, which is to say lots of digging and slow exploration, as opposed to running across the surface to get start up gear. It took me a full couple days to trigger hardmode. Progression-wise, it felt very good. Although right after hardmode, I got impatient and just maxed my character out. Which is why I dunno how it fairs post-hardmode.

The weapons get pretty darn broken.

Tremor mod has a triple shot Stynger (which is completely ridiculous on its own), but then I +10'd it and gave it the void element and I was able to face tank everything. Plantera goes down in about 5 or 10 seconds, just face tanking because I can't die due to healing to full on every attack..

Then I did the same thing with the Helfire (basically a strong Megashark from Calamity mod), and face tanked Moon Lord.

This was all, by the way, COMPLETELY built for pure DPS. All accessories with Lucky..

I LOVE this mod in the sense that it allows weapons that get obsolete to stay relevant. The Onyx Blaster is an awesome weapon and the mod allowed it to stay competitive with other options further into hard mode. However, I do not think it is conducive to a playthrough for someone who wants a challenge.

I was thinking some significant overhauls need to be done. Specifically..

When upgrading a weapon, the mod should lean towards giving weaker weapons a stronger boost, such that all weapons are around the same power level by end game. This is probably a completely unrealistic option however as it would require individually tweaking every single item in the game. I wouldn't use an algorithm to do it either because it isn't just about the damage.

Probably much easier to do would be to nerf the living crap out of the Void element. It is far and away the best element choice, and I haven't even tried any other element..

At least that way you can't facetank everything while built for pure damage.

The weapons get pretty darn broken.

I LOVE this mod in the sense that it allows weapons that get obsolete to stay relevant. The Onyx Blaster is an awesome weapon and the mod allowed it to stay competitive with other options further into hard mode. However, I do not think it is conducive to a playthrough for someone who wants a challenge.

While I agree that you can get pretty powerful with this mod, I disagree on nerfing it.

For instance, if you want a challenge... then just don't upgrade with a high end modifier. Maybe limit yourself to +6, so things get easier but not too much so. Or re-roll to not have Void.

On the other hand, if you want to be a GOD, then this mod helps with that.

It also makes certain play styles work. Well, at least one play style... I actually have a Fortress class (Class Based RPG Mod) equipped with a Blast Shield (Tremor? Thorium? Calamity?) wearing Solar Armor. He's pretty much weaponless and how he fights is just to ram and explode on enemies, then run away to heal. This mod helps with adjusting the viability for that.

In short, my view is, since all the upgrades and so forth are totally optional, there's no reason to nerf anything. Nerfing simply limits things for those who want to be OP while not actually benefiting those who want a challenge.

While I agree that you can get pretty powerful with this mod, I disagree on nerfing it.

For instance, if you want a challenge... then just don't upgrade with a high end modifier. Maybe limit yourself to +6, so things get easier but not too much so. Or re-roll to not have Void.

On the other hand, if you want to be a GOD, then this mod helps with that.

It also makes certain play styles work. Well, at least one play style... I actually have a Fortress class (Class Based RPG Mod) equipped with a Blast Shield (Tremor? Thorium? Calamity?) wearing Solar Armor. He's pretty much weaponless and how he fights is just to ram and explode on enemies, then run away to heal. This mod helps with adjusting the viability for that.

In short, my view is, since all the upgrades and so forth are totally optional, there's no reason to nerf anything. Nerfing simply limits things for those who want to be OP while not actually benefiting those who want a challenge.

I suppose that's reasonable, but I am the type of player who will use every advantage I can get. Those things exist, so I will use them. It doesn't feel right otherwise, haha.

I'm just not going to use this mod. It's a GREAT mod, just way too OP for me. :)

Although I will admit, I did have fun with that Onyx Blaster.. om nom..

I'm not sure if it's only me, but I can't make a scroll +6 when I have 2 scrolls +5. It works when I have 2 scrolls +4 and merge them into a +5.

Back
Top Bottom