PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, hey ^^/

Im hugely excited for 1.3 and Im amazed at the amount of content thats in there. The level of support the game continues to enjoy and for free! o_O You need to release something so we can give you money, seriously.

That said, some things Im not feelin -

This kinda troubles me. One of the fundamental aspects of Terraria is creating spaces, and your home is your castle! I have underground lairs which I worked hard on and sometimes go AFK inside. That doesnt appear to be possible in an expert mode world. Im all for having a shake up in the monster dept, having some new ones that are more crafty at getting in - especially event monsters - would be fun. But otherwise, if Ive already taken into consideration the what and where Im building, so not up in the clouds, or in the bowels of hell, or dungeon adjacent, then I dont want monsters spawning within my walls!

Dont like the over simplification of crafting in these cases. They are part of your progress and when you work to gather all the parts, it feels like you earned it. The key one especially, thats a huge nerf.

Yo'! Let me address some of your concerns

"Monsters may have a chance to spawn in usually-safe places, like your town/NPC housing. (Expert mode)"

Given it's ONLY in expert mode you could have a town in normal where you make it all look pristine and what not; and then in expert mode you could just make more makeshift things until you're confident. Plus NPC's are going to be able to defend themselves now/defend their homes so that might help the issue you're talking about.

"Broken Hero Sword is no longer needed to craft the Terra Blade.
Keys to Biome Chests are now dropped instead of molds."

Broken Hero Sword not being needed for the final product makes sense; you already
use two in the recipe to make "true" versions of the needed swords to make Terra Blade, you shouldn't need a third because that just takes away from the fact that you combined it with two to make a true form. If that makes sense; the last forge should be the fusion of the already forged other two swords.

The keys used to always drop instead of being molds. This was something that a lot of people missed- as several have explained already and I will just reiterate. The gate in which you get the chests has changed for the better; it used to be that you could farm Plantera for the keys you needed and then the molds with farms, there was no stopping you from going to every world and getting whatever key chests there were, basically ruining the mystic magical feeling that you got from all your grinding and hard work; while not many people did this. I know a few personally that killed the game for me and my friends when we played together. Now you're gated by having to defeat Plantera making it harder on the whole in my opinion to do just as I mentioned. Plus I like the keys to get into the temples and when doing a dry run- having to choose between the temple or a key chest sucked. Now I get both :D

:eek:What event happens when u kill the cultist? My brain was just cut in half by a terrablade. I want to be a cultist(not in real life der) can't wait to fight the bosses with new ai. 1.3 HYPE!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom