Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Hey everyone.
I have tModLoader installed with the Thorium and Calamity mods installed.
Whenever I try to change my settings my game crashes and this error message pops up.
upload_2017-7-17_19-41-51.png

The same thing happens whenever I try to defeat the wall of flesh.
It only recently started happening, I was able to change my settings fine when I first downloaded tModLoader and the mods.
Any help would be appreciated!

I have tModLoader installed with the Thorium and Calamity mods installed.
Whenever I try to change my settings my game crashes and this error message pops up.

It only recently started happening, I was able to change my settings fine when I first downloaded tModLoader and the mods.
Any help would be appreciated!

Fix the permissions on the file named there, so that it's writable to the user you are running tModLoader as. (...or possibly simply delete it...)

I'm having an error that I don't know how to fix

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

My mods are Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Boss Checklist, Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, Summoners Association, Prefixes for enemies, Loot Bags, Fargos Summons and Souls, and Very Short Respawn Time.

If anybody could help me fix this error, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having an error that I don't know how to fix

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EnemyMods.NPCs.gNPC.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\EnemyMods\NPCs\gNPC.cs:line 70
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

My mods are Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Boss Checklist, Magic Storage, Recipe Browser, Summoners Association, Prefixes for enemies, Loot Bags, Fargos Summons and Souls, and Very Short Respawn Time.

If anybody could help me fix this error, it would be greatly appreciated.
That error is prefixes for enemies, it doesn't work.

Fix the permissions on the file named there, so that it's writable to the user you are running tModLoader as. (...or possibly simply delete it...)
Thanks for the help but the same error happened after I tried playing after deleting the file. I don't exactly know how to fix the permission either, but i was looking around the properties of the file and went into the "security" tab and saw that the permissions ticked were: full control, modify, read and execute, read and write, but special permissions wasnt ticked. Sorry if any of this has nothing to do with what you were talking about, but it's the only thing i could find.

Last edited:
Excuse me but i'd like to know why this happens everytime i open it.:mad:

The Steam platform integration is missing from your Terraria install. If you obtained Terraria via Steam, delete the local content, reinstall Terraria, then reinstall tModLoader.

If you obtained Terraria via GoG, do a clean reinstall from there, then use the GoG tModLoader installer, not the Steam one.

If you obtained it some other way, please let us all know how, and we can advise you on the best path to getting tModLoader support.

The Steam platform integration is missing from your Terraria install. If you obtained Terraria via Steam, delete the local content, reinstall Terraria, then reinstall tModLoader.

If you obtained Terraria via GoG, do a clean reinstall from there, then use the GoG tModLoader installer, not the Steam one.

If you obtained it some other way, please let us all know how, and we can advise you on the best path to getting tModLoader support.
If he obtained Terraria another way, besides through Steam or GOG, it's a pirated copy and he'll receive no support here on the official Terraria forums.

When I reload a bunch of mods I have, some of them say they are missing something in the files or something. I tried deleting the mods through my files and reloading them and they started working, but pressing reload again makes them have the same message pop up about it is missing something in the files. I don't know what is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom