Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting the error when trying to update mods?
Error is that the TML or rather the mod browser has used up it's bandwith for the day.
I know I can just update manually but still it's a small bit annoying that this error happened only with the Spirit Mod.

Hello. I recently started modding Terraria and have run into quite a fundamental issue, which I'll try to explain. Basing off ExampleMod, I created an accessory that, when equipped, places a debuff on the player which makes the player unable to regenerate HP normally. The thing is, to do that, I had to override a void called "UpdateBadHealthRegen()" - And I wouldn't have known such a void exists if not for Example Mod. My question is: Is there a way to see all the functions present in the original Terraria code? In other words: How did example mods creator know to override a void called "UpdateBadHealthRegen()"? How did he find the name? Let's say I want the debuff to also prevent healing through potions and other items. How do I know how to word the function?

I have 2 RAM where only 0,15 RAM has been used, so I have 1,85 RAM left. The overheating usually happens when I have a lot of programs on or when it uses a lot of processing power.

EDIT: I believe I have fixed my issue. It plays fine now.
2 RAM what? GB? I suppose GB, which will not be sufficient to mod Terraria. Vanilla by itself uses around 1 GB, and a bit more in multiplayer/large worlds. With modded, you will hit 2 GB with just a few mods, so there's your issue. Sorry, you cannot mod Terraria with 2 GB RAM.

Is it allowed to take examplemod content and with minimal changes implement it to my mod (I mean same name same texture, and so on)

when i tried to run the installer it said could not find a place to install to
read the readme.txt

Is it allowed to take examplemod content and with minimal changes implement it to my mod (I mean same name same texture, and so on)
You'll have to check the licence, but I'm pretty sure you can do that if you comply with the licence. On the other hand, doing so will get you a lot of ire from your users, as the ExampleMod content is pretty stupid. What you want to do is study the source code of ExampleMod to learn how to make mods. Direct copying will just look really tacky.

I have noticed flutter slimes ai is a lot better when it shoots projectiles down while flying
[doublepost=1505815612,1505815563][/doublepost]Flutter slime is the only thing that I would like to take

Someone help pls i have an error since i updated the modloader
Link to pic: http://prntscr.com/gn1f9k
http://prntscr.com/gn1f9k
Edit: i reinstalled the 0.9.2.3 version, but does someone know why i ad errors when i updated it to 0.10.1 ?
gn1f9k

Last edited:
As someone who does not know too much about cs coding I was wondering if someone could make a guide on structure gen, I know it's probably pretty advanced but I sadly do not have the attention span to sit through any long coding guides that I can apply only halve of.

Also, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a Fighter AI fly to the player, ignoring blocks, when the player was too far away

idk
[doublepost=1505878793,1505878684][/doublepost]
As someone who does not know too much about cs coding I was wondering if someone could make a guide on structure gen, I know it's probably pretty advanced but I sadly do not have the attention span to sit through any long coding guides that I can apply only halve of.
I want to know the same, so I can make slime houses

Back
Top Bottom