Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Tonbogiri.png
here you got the tonbogiri sprite

TonbogiriProjectile.png
and here you got the projectile sprite of the tonbogiri

It says Item.name doesn't exist, and it doesn't. Don't follow outdated tutorials, look in exampleMod to see how names are assigned.

so, if i dont know how to mod,

can you do a tonbogiri mod for me?

cuz i dont know how to make mods

im just a good mod tester

and make it with the same stats as the terraria wiki says

after making it send it to me

Does tModLoader still eat up a lot of memory? Since I have a pretty crappy laptop, I don't know how many mods I can now play with since it now overheats after a short time when I used to play much longer on the same laptop with more mods.

Im getting an error saying "An error occured while loading ModLoader"

The log says :
Field not found: 'Terraria.Entity.name'.
at imkSushisNamePack.imkSushisNamePackGlobalItem.SetDefaults(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I can't uninstall any mods that might be interfering with this, I have no clue what to do. I've uninstalled terraria at least 15 times and tried to reinstall mod loader but nothing works... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
[doublepost=1505561151,1505561064][/doublepost]It says this:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 208
so i was trying to do a mod of console exclusive weapons

i think i was missing something idk

so look at this fricking
error!!!
View attachment 183386

I CANT TAKE THIS STUPID ERROR ANYMORE!!!! I JUST WANT TO TRY MY MOD ON DEVELOPMENT!!!!

i know buddy

so what should i do now if i get that 1061 error?

im making a mod and im trying to try it in development

View attachment 183387 here you got the tonbogiri sprite

View attachment 183388 and here you got the projectile sprite of the tonbogiri

so, if i dont know how to mod,

can you do a tonbogiri mod for me?

cuz i dont know how to make mods

im just a good mod tester

and make it with the same stats as the terraria wiki says

after making it send it to me
why not?

also

who i can ask to make the mod for me?
@Zoidthegamer 2, if you know that modding in the console exclusives is against the rules, why do you keep posting about it?

At this time, all console/mobile exclusives are not to be ported to PC. You can read more here: Player-Created Game Enhancements: Rules & Guidelines

Please stop posting about trying to mod in console or mobile exclusives, whether done by you or asking someone else to do it. That goes for this entire site, including your profile page. Thanks.

@Zoidthegamer 2, if you know that modding in the console exclusives is against the rules, why do you keep posting about it?

At this time, all console/mobile exclusives are not to be ported to PC. You can read more here: Player-Created Game Enhancements: Rules & Guidelines

Please stop posting about trying to mod in console or mobile exclusives, whether done by you or asking someone else to do it. That goes for this entire site, including your profile page. Thanks.

so if its against the rules, i should make my own versions of those 2 weapons?

an creative name for my version of the tonbogiri would be: Ichortongue

its like the tonbogiri but instead of poisoning it gives ichor
and it would have a bit different sprite

and my version of the tizona
would be named:
CursedBlade

its like the tizona but instead of bleeding it gives cursed flames debuff
and it would look like a bit like tizona but instead is very different

so if its against the rules, i should make my own versions of those 2 weapons?

an creative name for my version of the tonbogiri would be: Ichortongue

its like the tonbogiri but instead of poisoning it gives ichor
and it would have a bit different sprite

and my version of the tizona
would be named:
CursedBlade

its like the tizona but instead of bleeding it gives cursed flames debuff
and it would look like a bit like tizona but instead is very different
If you're making entirely new sprites, with entirely new names, and entirely new weapons, then you're not modding in console exclusives, and that's fine. If that's the case, then you need to stop asking for help to mod in the Tonbogiri and Tizona, since those are exclusives.

If you're making entirely new sprites, with entirely new names, and entirely new weapons, then you're not modding in console exclusives, and that's fine. If that's the case, then you need to stop asking for help to mod in the Tonbogiri and Tizona, since those are exclusives.

it may be fine if i do recolors of those weapons?

Does tModLoader still eat up a lot of memory? Since I have a pretty crappy laptop, I don't know how many mods I can now play with since it now overheats after a short time when I used to play much longer on the same laptop with more mods.
No it doesn't. You should be on v0.10.1
How much RAM does your laptop have? If you laptop overheats that is an issue with its cooling lol

can anyone make copies of this and make it animatable, like how terraria works moving pictures, Example:
PartyZombie.png
My sprite:
Golem.png
Oh and make it bigger, like a reasonable size

c:\Users\gdisa\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\PuppyMod\Items\Projectiles\RedBallP.cs(15,24) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Projectile' does not contain a definition for 'name' and no extension method 'name' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Projectile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

c:\Users\gdisa\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\PuppyMod\Items\Weapons\RedBall.cs(15,18) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Item' does not contain a definition for 'name' and no extension method 'name' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Item' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

c:\Users\gdisa\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\PuppyMod\Items\Weapons\RedBall.cs(28,18) : error CS1061: 'Terraria.Item' does not contain a definition for 'useSound' and no extension method 'useSound' accepting a first argument of type 'Terraria.Item' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
:/

I have a problem with tmodloader that i combined a few mods and when i reloaded them it crashes, and now everytime i start tmodloader it crashes. I even uninstalled it and it still happens.

Hi i just started a dedicated server for me and a friend to play on. but my friend seem to have a problem while playing he is getting really back lag / stuttering which did not happen when we was playing using the host & play but since i set up the dedicated server using the tModLoaderServer.exe it happening all the time yet i am experiencing no lag what so ever. any idea why it plays fine with host & play and not when it the dedicated server?

I have a problem with tmodloader that i combined a few mods and when i reloaded them it crashes, and now everytime i start tmodloader it crashes. I even uninstalled it and it still happens.
It is common server lag,there is no way to fix it.If sprites are lagging too,its your internet if just your friends are,its their internet and sometimes its just terraria.

No it doesn't. You should be on v0.10.1
How much RAM does your laptop have? If you laptop overheats that is an issue with its cooling lol

I have 2 RAM where only 0,15 RAM has been used, so I have 1,85 RAM left. The overheating usually happens when I have a lot of programs on or when it uses a lot of processing power.

EDIT: I believe I have fixed my issue. It plays fine now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom