Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

@.anyone affected by the "virus detected" problem

Can you please state what "antivirus" program you think is causing it?
Mate I had a similar problem and posted it earlier.
Turn off the Windows Defender, download and unzip the files into the folders, turn the defender back on and whitelist the .exe (or whatever) file

My computer tells me there is a virus in this file
It's a false positive. If your virus software is prohibiting you from downloading and/or installing tModLoader, temporary disable it.

As for my own issue, I'm trying to enable building and debugging through Visual Studio. Having done everything on that page, I keep running into CS5001 (no Main method).

My assumption of how this is supposed to work (I've never done something like this before) is that VS would execute Terraria.exe's Main method (or tModLoaderServer.exe, according to that page), but I don't seem to be able to communicate that to VS. Am I missing something?

jopojelly What do I have to do to actually put the solution in place.

And is an un-tempory solution being worked on?

Cheers :)

It's a false positive. If your virus software is prohibiting you from downloading and/or installing tModLoader, temporary disable it.

As for my own issue, I'm trying to enable building and debugging through Visual Studio. Having done everything on that page, I keep running into CS5001 (no Main method).

My assumption of how this is supposed to work (I've never done something like this before) is that VS would execute Terraria.exe's Main method (or tModLoaderServer.exe, according to that page), but I don't seem to be able to communicate that to VS. Am I missing something?
My guess is you didn't set the project to class library.
[doublepost=1474656970,1474656809][/doublepost]
jopojelly What do I have to do to actually put the solution in place.

And is an un-tempory solution being worked on?

Cheers :)
The guy said "TL;DR: Setting "sources=4096" in "~/.alsoftrc" seems to be a fairly adequate workaround for now." I don't have mac to test it.

We want to solve all problems and implement all features, but are limited by time and knowledge.

You obviously didn't read my previous post.
Tree roots are based on the type of soil which has said tree planted in the soil, not the type of soil it's on.

i did read it thats why i replied to it

but why does it not work with any other block then the 10 modded onces i made

sand/dirt that can also grow palmtree/tree wont work so why does the blue work
[doublepost=1474657832,1474657593][/doublepost]jopojelly

can u help with this

i got 10 blocks with the same code as example block

can i get the 10 blocks to link with one another when placed in world

i got these 6 block types placed here with trees on em but only those of the same color link

also the trees can grow on any of the 10 blocks but the orange trees side log is on blue block why does it do this?
View attachment 140642

EDIT those green leaves that spawn from a new tree dont show at all on servers

and the bug with the leaves

Last edited:
i did read it thats why i replied to it

but why does it not work with any other block then the 10 modded onces i made

sand/dirt that can also grow palmtree/tree wont work so why does the blue work
[doublepost=1474657832,1474657593][/doublepost]jopojelly

can u help with this

and the bug with the leaves
Not a bug. That's how vanilla trees work too. Sand doesn't grow "trees" they grow "palm trees", that is why it won't work with sand in the 2 spots next to the trunk, but with other grasses that grow trees, it does work. Basically all it needs it to check that the 3 tiles there CAN grow trees, not that they all grow the same tree.
CB2dESK.png

Not a bug. That's how vanilla trees work too. Sand doesn't grow "trees" they grow "palm trees", that is why it won't work with sand in the 2 spots next to the trunk, but with other grasses that grow trees, it does work. Basically all it needs it to check that the 3 tiles there CAN grow trees, not that they all grow the same tree.
CB2dESK.png

well this clears things up its just the way it was typed befor sayd nothing of the block next to the tree needed to be special

The type of tree root spawned from a growing tree is based on the soil type the tree is planted on.

Therefore, it's perfectly normal and confirmed not a bug.

the way this is sayd ment for me clay was the same as grass

jopojelly can u still help with the thing i quoted befor

jopojelly can u still help with the thing i quoted befor
If you mean linking tiles with things other than dirt, I'm not sure if that is possible.

If you mean the leaves fx in MP, looking at the code it seems we forgot to include that, I'll make sure they spawn in MP next update.

If you mean linking tiles with things other than dirt, I'm not sure if that is possible.

If you mean the leaves fx in MP, looking at the code it seems we forgot to include that, I'll make sure they spawn in MP next update.

so i did find a bug nice

sand dirt glass mud mudbricks all link with all (part from dirt/glass)
bandicam 2016-09-23 21-55-31-523.jpg

so linking modded tiles may be a thing

Hey is multiplayer better now? Ever since this update multiplayer is INSANELY buggy. Treasure bags dont drop, I see alternate version of my friend continuing to fight even after he dies (and it kills the boss really quickly), Sometimes you go really slow, items disappear etc

Am I the only one completely unable to host a multiplayer server? Me and a friend both have the game stay at "Starting Server..." forever. We both have Windows 10.

Am I the only one completely unable to host a multiplayer server? Me and a friend both have the game stay at "Starting Server..." forever. We both have Windows 10.
Try running the standalone so you can see if it runs into problems.

I just want to mention that the Terraria.exe with tModLoader doesn't detect gamepad triggers, which makes the game unplayable for me when running through the loader. (Gamepad and KB combo doesn't really work because the game switches between pad and KB modes, so no Xpadder)

I don't think it's me, because it's perfectly fine with the vanilla client.

Back
Top Bottom