Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

dunno if it's been pointed out yet but, the low health sound is always a bit too quiet, aren't low HP warnings usually loud? is there anyway i can up the volume of it, and ONLY that sound, cause boosting overall sounds from the main menu sorta doesn't work.

dunno if it's been pointed out yet but, the low health sound is always a bit too quiet, aren't low HP warnings usually loud? is there anyway i can up the volume of it, and ONLY that sound, cause boosting overall sounds from the main menu sorta doesn't work.

I agree. It is too quiet for me. Maybe we can get that in the 1.3.1 version? :)

For all Waiting for 1.3.1 your gonna all have to wait a bit... there's still a few things needed to be fixed and programing is no easy thing u know ;3

I used to have a much bigger feedback post in mind, but constant distractions delayed it to the point where the finer details have been lost. Some of this may no longer be relevant

First off: The Ancient Necro Helmet is bugged, I imagine this is because the Ancient variant was and possibly still is bugged to have mismatching bonuses with the normal variant (I found and reported this bug during my time as a tester, but dont remember its fate). It currently increases ranged by "?" instead of matching the normal helmet like it should

Secondly, fossils do not give any EXP when mined, providing little incentive to mine them. not olny that, but the pre-placed gems found in the underground ice, underground and in gem caves, do not give EXP when mined. This makes the underground ice very unrewarding, as the gems ONLY appear in this manner in that area, and in large quantities

Capture 2016-06-27 17_36_43.png

Related to that, these rocks award gems when broken, and should award EXP to match
Capture 2016-06-28 14_44_24.png

I feel the coin reward objects should also give some EXP, as its a rare find. Other objects which provide items when broken should similarly award EXP, notably a large bonus if your able to find an Arkhalis
Capture 2016-06-27 17_32_37.png

Fishing seems very unbalanced EXP-wise, all the quest fish should give larger EXP rewards, yet quite a lot of the harder to catch fish...award 10 EXP as if they were Bass?

Finally for now, please redo the way the biome changing notifications work.
1. Several of the title cards are wrong or bugged, for example when you enter the Underground layer, it says youve entered the Caverns. The Caverns layer does not show when you enter it either (The Depth Metre distinctly seperates these, and there ARE harder monsters down in the Cavern layer). Also, the Underground Desert is not recognised at all, it either says your in the Desert, or the Caverns, depending on your height. Spider caverns also do not show up, although this one might be more difficult, im not sure exactly how the spider biome works. Would be nice to see what your getting into when you barge into a nest though

2. There is some confusion. When night falls, it should generally say "Forest (Night)" instead of bringing up a second "Forest" notification, it does this with rain too. Generally the biome change should show if it is night and raining or both

3. Hallow in prehardmode will show it as level 50+ despite only spawning Forest enemies, it should show the same level as Forest

4. The hardmode addendum to the old levels looks awful and is confusing, there is no going back to prehardmode once the wall of flesh is slain, so why show "Forest Level 4+ HARD level 50" for example, the old levels are irrelevant and clashes with Hallow and Underground Hallow which have no such text, being brand new HM-only biomes

I may have more to add later, if I ever finish building on my pre-HM world. Damn fishing ponds..

Oh my... I was not expecting so much. You bring a lot of good points on everything.

Things that don't give EXP when mined, are probably something I forgot to add, or didn't know exist, such as fossils. I did not know fossils were a thing.

You're probably mining the pre-placed gems from the block they're resting on. This doesn't work, you have to mine the gem itself. As far as I know, at the moment, there's no way for me to fix this. Since the code only allows me to detect the exact block the player is destroying.

The Gemstones, and coin bags for EXP are a good idea. I'll probably give those EXP.

Fishing EXP is always going through changes in each version. I'm always trying to balance it.

The biome notifications can be changed accordingly, I just thought it would be nice info to have the prehard levels in servers if you're a new player or something, and it's in hard mode.

The labels uses the code for when the music changes. I can try to add a second layer to underground, if that pleases. Spider Nest might be possible. I can just use the same code that's used for the lihzarhd temple. Change when you're in spider nest walls. Desert Underground never occurred to me, I'll look in to it.

Thank you for bringing these to my attention. I appreciate it.

Also, sorry for being so quiet everyone. Work and life has been really stressful. So all I've really been doing is work and sleep for the past 2-3 weeks.
I also heard that 1.3.2 will be releasing soon as well. So if I'm not done with the update by then (probably not,) then I will be updating it for 1.3.2.
What's taking so long is the new stat system. Once that's done, I'll be done updating shortly after.

Oh my... I was not expecting so much. You bring a lot of good points on everything.

I worked on the game every day for over a year finding stuff like this, just kinda comes naturally to me.

Things that don't give EXP when mined, are probably something I forgot to add, or didn't know exist, such as fossils. I did not know fossils were a thing.

As a heads up, there are two kinds of fossils, the ones that are directly mined in the desert that are fed to the Extractinator, and the sturdy fossils which are actually placable in the game and behave as ore (they even show up on the map and are revealed by spelunker potions iirc). Sturdy Fossils may end up being generated in worldgen, what with 1.3.3 focusing on the desert, so it might be a good idea to prepare for a possibility in which this happens.

You're probably mining the pre-placed gems from the block they're resting on. This doesn't work, you have to mine the gem itself. As far as I know, at the moment, there's no way for me to fix this. Since the code only allows me to detect the exact block the player is destroying.

Just tested it just in case, and no matter what, they give no exp in any situation

The Gemstones, and coin bags for EXP are a good idea. I'll probably give those EXP.

Just make sure you get them all, theres quite a few variants of those objects :) EXP should of course, vary depending on the gem or coins it gives, and an enchanted sword should give much less exp than an Arkhalis (if possible)

Fishing EXP is always going through changes in each version. I'm always trying to balance it.

Should be pretty easy to balance, increase the EXP reward depending on the difficulty and location of the catch. A slimefish or dirtfish for example, catchable in the forest where you start out, should be worth much less than something you catch in the jungle or ocean, with the really specific things like sky lake fish, underground mushroom fish, crimson/corruption fish and cavern layer fish being more rewarding still. Each day you can only catch a single quest fish, so its fair to give them a large EXP chunk, just take into account the EXP bonus for actually handing in the fish (Is the turn-in EXP a set thing, or is it possible to get half the EXP from the catch and half of it when turning it in?)

The biome notifications can be changed accordingly, I just thought it would be nice info to have the prehard levels in servers if you're a new player or something, and it's in hard mode.

Its best to stay consistent with things like this. People can and will be confused by things like mismatching info.

The labels uses the code for when the music changes. I can try to add a second layer to underground, if that pleases. Spider Nest might be possible. I can just use the same code that's used for the lihzarhd temple. Change when you're in spider nest walls. Desert Underground never occurred to me, I'll look in to it.

Underground and Cavern definitely should be split up, the game specifically references the two as two seperate levels many times. Spider cavern is low priority though, should only be done if you want to show a recommended level for players entering a nest

Just tested it just in case, and no matter what, they give no exp in any situation

That's very odd. Is it location specific, or all of them?

Should be pretty easy to balance, increase the EXP reward depending on the difficulty and location of the catch. A slimefish or dirtfish for example, catchable in the forest where you start out, should be worth much less than something you catch in the jungle or ocean, with the really specific things like sky lake fish, underground mushroom fish, crimson/corruption fish and cavern layer fish being more rewarding still. Each day you can only catch a single quest fish, so its fair to give them a large EXP chunk, just take into account the EXP bonus for actually handing in the fish (Is the turn-in EXP a set thing, or is it possible to get half the EXP from the catch and half of it when turning it in?)

The problem with allowing quest fish to award EXP from just fishing them up arises a problem with being able to just farm them (Full inventory.) And if they were to give half the quest does, this would be insane EXP.
But yeah, I'll be working on the EXP rates in the update.
And yes, every fish and quest are at a fixed EXP value.

That's very odd. Is it location specific, or all of them?

I can confirm it is not location specific. The only gems that give exp are the ones that appear as ore blocks in world gen. Also, none of the classes except mage and balanced, i think, actually gain abilities despite the message displaying that you learned it. I have tested all the "classes" and only 2 of them work as seemingly intended in that aspect.

Finally, some types of mob will get stuck in the ground during multiplayer. I have only seen it with the types of slimes that shoot spikes at you (ice slime and a type of jungle slime) They shoot at you, then disappear into the ground. they can still move around and shoot the player too. This occurred with me hosting, as well as with me joining another computer that was hosting. It did not make a difference if I ran dedicated or not.

If I can find any other problems I'll post, but I haven't been playing modded terraria much. Tried N terraria too but the lack of multiplayer is annoying.

Also, none of the classes except mage and balanced, i think, actually gain abilities despite the message displaying that you learned it. I have tested all the "classes" and only 2 of them work as seemingly intended in that aspect.

Just downloaded and started playing the mod on a Ranged character and Mage, both have gained their first few abilities with no problem. You're getting none at all?

Yes, the gems dont give exp when mined whether they are the rare kind found in the caverns or the abundant kind in the ice biome. I doubt theres a special case for the little gem caves, but well, ive honestly never found one of those legitimately in the entirety of my Terraria playtime, so dont expect me to hunt one down :p

Sorry that I'm taking so long everyone.
I'm currently trying to work out all these issues, as well as still trying to implement the new stat system. Well, the stat system is done, I'm just working on all the new abilities. And currently, this is proving to be a challenge, as I need to reprogram the whole ability system. It was causing some serious lag to the game, just by existing. So hopefully with what I have in mind, it'll work better.

Once I get stuff working, I'll post more.

Once I get stuff working, I'll post more.
Don't worry, gotest. Every incarnation of Leveled has been more advanced than the last. I think I can speak for everyone here and say; We love what you do.

Take all the time you need, man.

And its real hard to find bugs that's pretty much already existing in its current state..i'm working on testing to see if i can find any additional things beyond what gotest already knows.

Great mod, but I ran into an issue. My abilities worked fine in Singleplayer, yet when I hosted a server for my friend and I (I made a new character for this), I got to Level 6 and it said I got an ability. I checked, and for some reason I had nothing. This happened again at Level 8. My friend, however, was able to get his abilities just fine. No clue why this has happened, but if you could look into it that would be great.

Edit: I made a new character and leveled him to what my old one was in Singleplayer, the abilities worked. I'll edit if any new abilities I get in Multiplayer are broken.

Last edited:
Judging from the screenshots you posted, it seems this mod has been around since Terraria 1.1.2 back in 2013. I was going to do a retro playthrough of said Terraria version and I would love to use your mod combined with it (because let's be honest, having RPG elements in Terraria is just badass).

Do you still have an old version available to download somewhere? I tried looking it up myself but the oldest one I could find was for 1.2.2. :)

I noted a bug in the current version where if you have autopause on, and a sufficient amount of ability points pooled up, you can equip all of the abilities, even if you possible couldn't with autopause off. I am at 48 AP, and am up to the Endure ability, and aside from the EXP sharing abilities, I have all of them equipped.

I noted a bug in the current version where if you have autopause on, and a sufficient amount of ability points pooled up, you can equip all of the abilities, even if you possible couldn't with autopause off. I am at 48 AP, and am up to the Endure ability, and aside from the EXP sharing abilities, I have all of them equipped.

I noticed and reported that bug in June, so it should already be fixed for the next version.

Judging from the screenshots you posted, it seems this mod has been around since Terraria 1.1.2 back in 2013. I was going to do a retro playthrough of said Terraria version and I would love to use your mod combined with it (because let's be honest, having RPG elements in Terraria is just badass).

Do you still have an old version available to download somewhere? I tried looking it up myself but the oldest one I could find was for 1.2.2. :)
Unfortunately I don't have a 1.1.2 version, at the moment. I might have one stowed away on my hard drive somewhere.

Hey everyone. Sorry for being so quiet, again. Just bringing some news on the update.
The new stat system is fully functional, and the ability scripts have been optimized, so there might be slightly less lag than in earlier versions.
Right now, the only things left to do to finish the new stat system, is to add some visuals to the interface. To add important information that the player will need. Next will be balancing. Then I can start porting to 1.3.2(or 1.3.3, whichever is out when I finish.) So it should be finished not too long after I'm done balancing.
i cant open it :I when i try then it says -please open the game on steam client :I but i did !
Help !
Hmm... If you're getting this error, you're either not loading it in the same folder of the main terraria executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\terraria", steam isn't running, or you don't own the game.
Try renaming terraria.exe to something else, or move it somewhere else, and rename Terraria Leveled.exe to terraria.exe and try loading terraria from the steam client.

Hmm... If you're getting this error, you're either not loading it in the same folder of the main terraria executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\terraria", steam isn't running, or you don't own the game.
Try renaming terraria.exe to something else, or move it somewhere else, and rename Terraria Leveled.exe to terraria.exe and try loading terraria from the steam client.
i got it working :D ps. i have playd almost all versions of your mod ;P and this adds more of a challage :D

Back
Top Bottom