Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Update picture! So, my idea on how to implement the new feature, which is passive abilities, is working like a charm! Check it out, I'm sure everyone is up for the idea.
9g67gBo.jpg

I had to resist the urge to squee like a fanbrat. I am loving the new feature. This will make things very interesting.

Passive abilities are awesome. Very much looking forward to see them all. Are there specific passive abilities for each ''class'' or are they character specific?

Unfortunately every character has the same abilities. But the upside is this opens up specs to use other specs somewhat better, as passive abilities can increase damage for specific weapon types by up to 15%.

It improves the effect. With it activated, you gain 10% of ALL EXP party members gained from kills, regardless of where you are in the world and if you have tagged the enemy or not. If I need to be more specific, say someone in the same party killed a monster. You get 10% of what they gained with a minimum of 1 point. There's also another ability that gives 25% at double the AP cost. And these do stack.

There are currently 40 abilities. I plan on adding a few more though.
very interesting...passive abilities! i didnt even know that could even be implimented

Well, this ins't the first time I've implemented abilities in a game. So I kind already had an idea on how to do it.

Maybe I should upload my unfinished game from 7 years ago. :p

Last edited:
Unfortunately every character has the same abilities. But the upside is this opens up specs to use other specs somewhat better, as passive abilities can increase damage for specific weapon types by up to 15%.

Ah well that's still awesome. Even if they are character specific i guess you won't get enough AP to equip every single ability. So one can still create their own ''unique class''

Sitting at 52 Abilities now. 50 of them are working. The ones not working yet (unimplemented) are EXP share, which I'm working on now.

I've been seeing you pop in and out of Terraria, thanks to the Steam thing popping up in the corner of my screen, usually rather late at night. Are you on the west coast, where it would still be evening but not night, like it is here on the east coast?

Sitting at 52 Abilities now. 50 of them are working. The ones not working yet (unimplemented) are EXP share, which I'm working on now.

Exp Share... i think i remember talking about this a while back. Glad your considering it <3

First of all, amazing work on the mod + UI. Been playing the Unleveled version for quite a while now and I'm enjoying it.

I do have one small question though:

On your beta testing video, while fighting the WoF it showed his health bar right beside yours. Now, I don't know if it's supposed to be only in the Leveled version, as I haven't tried it yet, but the Enemy Health bar is on the top right corner of the screen for me. (Usually where my HP is but I'm using the KH bar)
I've tried to change mod settings to see if there's an option that moves it down there, but haven't gotten any results. Is there a way to fix that?

Regardless of what the answer will be, I'll continue using this UI. It's just that good. ^^

Every time I check this thread, I've been having part of that dumb "anticipation" song getting stuck in my head.

Going from surface, to underground. Medusa was not akin to our welcoming.

Grenades ensured.

Hrm.

Umbra's Journal: November 21st, 2015. Went from surface to underground by way of Marble biome. Encountered Medusa, welcome received was not expected, or appreciated.

Responded in kind with grenades.

Last edited:
More testing tonight, will see if the beta can be done before Tuesday. (Was given grace to start on that day compared to Monday)
Hrm.

Umbra's Journal: November 21st, 2015. Went from surface to underground by way of Marble biome. Encountered Medusa, welcome received was not expected, or appreciated.

Responded in kind with grenades.
3840c30374.jpg

More testing tonight, will see if the beta can be done before Tuesday. (Was given grace to start on that day compared to Monday)

Does that mean a release is coming soon? Will I be able to post the forum weapon with American Street Fighter Bison screaming "YES! YES!?"

Eh, I'm only there to help find bugs faster. But like I said earlier about my workshift, I won't be near my computer for the next 3-4 (Maybe 5) days, so I can't really help speed things up drastically.

All I can do right now is help test it, and make sure I spotted as many bugs, alongside with tweaks to make for comfortable gameplay. I'll give it 2 weeks most, since it just needs tweaking.

So until then, I'll just do what I can do.

Good news! The issues with the server where traps don't work, training dummies don't work, and invisible bombs has been fixed! Thanks to the devs over at the TShock repository, they helped me fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom