Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was playing yesterday, all day with no issues with a Zenith world seed.
I didn't care much for that world, so I made a regular world, and crashed to desktop twice now in a very short time playing (3 times now).

Once when a shooting star hit the ground, and another time when a digger spawned in.
Both seems directly related to those objects being spawned in, and making contact with the ground, or other object.

I can make another world in and test that in the meantime.
I validated all my files in steam as well. No errors.
Created a new world, celebration, still crashing. Maybe my character from the other world is corrupted?
I went back to the original world I made, same character, and it's still crashing. I guess I have no choice but to make a new character.

Last edited:
Hi there! To try to track this down, I'd like to have you try to collect an error log for this issue.

1. Go to Terraria properties in Steam Library, and the set Launch option field:
2. Paste this into the field:
-logerrors -logfile
3. Next time you run, it will create a log of things that happen. Attempt to reproduce the crash, and when it happens, leave the game.
4. The log will be in Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs.

You can share this log here and we can take a look at it. Also, if there is an error message that shows up when you crash, that could also be helpful.

As a side note, are you using any resource packs?

Hi there! To try to track this down, I'd like to have you try to collect an error log for this issue.

-logerrors -logfile
3. Next time you run, it will create a log of things that happen. Attempt to reproduce the crash, and when it happens, leave the game.

You can share this log here and we can take a look at it. Also, if there is an error message that shows up when you crash, that could also be helpful.

Nope, no resource packs.
I moved all items into chests, and was going to create a new character, but after doing this, saving the game, then crashing, reloading, and playing again, picking my items back up, I was able to play without any crashes, until today, after getting the latest patch.
I crashed 3 times today, this one was just from trying to save and quit.
It died right as it said "saving map..."

Attachments

• Log_20220930105500239.log
    4.5 KB · Views: 47
i have the exact same error as Bedlam_and_Chaos.
Nothing installed, just started a new char for the new update in a new world. crashed a few times in different areas, surface, underground, mushroom biome.
Even had a crash on save and exiting the world. But since a few hours, nothing.

-logerrors -logfile

I'm getting this a lot too.
Crashes even when just sitting idle when I'm pausing the game, using a web browser or something.
And, when trying to save the game.

Attachments

• Log_20221001103509481.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 25
Getting this every time the game tries to autosave now. It's unplayable.
What crazy is that after I crash when saving manually, reloading, the game would work fine for hours. Like it erases a bad file or something.
But each day I try to play, I encounter more problems. Now I can't even play because of this error.
I really don't want to start another new world (I've done 4 now), and build a huge base, again, and again, and again.
Or delete my character, journey mode, and have relearn everything all over again.
Is there a tools that scans save games, world files, etc, for errors and fixes them instead.
I'm trying an older, way more progressed character I have on the same world for testing.
If this doesn't crash, I'd imagine that my newest character is bugged somehow.

================
10/1/2022 11:04:50 AM: Unhandled Exception
Thread: 19 []
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.IO.IOException: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Copy(String source, String destination, Boolean cloud, Boolean overwrite)
at Terraria.Player.InternalSavePlayerFile(PlayerFileData playerFile)
at Terraria.Player.<>c__DisplayClass1877_0.<SavePlayer>b__0()
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ProtectedInvoke(Action action)
at Terraria.Player.SavePlayer(PlayerFileData playerFile, Boolean skipMapSave)
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveToonWhilePlayingCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
HResult: -2147024579
================

Last edited:
Prob have to wait for 1.4.4.3.... im still crashing randomly in game and sometimes when exiting the world. Currently dont really want to do much in my world as any progress can just be reset by a crash again and my time is wasted....

Prob have to wait for 1.4.4.3.... im still crashing randomly in game and sometimes when exiting the world. Currently dont really want to do much in my world as any progress can just be reset by a crash again and my time is wasted....
Strange things have helped with this. Not really sure why. Maybe they are overwriting some corrupted files?
I went in with a old character, to the same map, and played with no problems. I went back to my new character, that I was crashing with, and no crashes for a few hours now. Seems like I have to do this every day though.

I just now even had a crash while dying in the blood moon. This is getting really frustrating and borderline unplayable.

It's not caused by things spawning in, it's caused by saving, auto- and manual. This seems to be the case for everyone experiencing crashes after 1.4.4. Disabling autosaves helped at first, then manual saves started crashing the game as well. It's impossible to play since you basically have no save function anymore.

We are investigating the cause of the saving crash, and should have some possible solutions soon. It only appears to impact a small portion of players, so it is difficult to track down the cause, it seems to be related to specific OS versions/settings.

We are investigating the cause of the saving crash, and should have some possible solutions soon. It only appears to impact a small portion of players, so it is difficult to track down the cause, it seems to be related to specific OS versions/settings.
Quick thing i noticed yesterday: It does not happen when in Multiplayer.
We did play for 7 hours straight without one hiccup, crash, or even lag in Multiplayer, but as soon as i opened the world and player in Singleplayer, it didnt take 20 minutes for the fist crash.

Edit: Version 1.4.4.4, havent expirienced the issue since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom