10 Things ♥ about Journey's End (20 if you're Spicy)!

With 1.4.1 right around the corner, we've had little time to properly appreciate 1.4.0! That being the case, what are 10 things you loved about 1.4.0? 😊 🥤

In addition, if you can think of 20 things you love about 1.4.0, Journey's End, I'll react to your comment with a ❤, for anyone else who participates in the discussion, the idea is for them to also react to your comment with a ❤ if you can manage twenty! Obviously since I started the thread, here's my list!

10 Things I ❤ about Journey's End (1.4.0):
  1. I love how Mounts feel like a part of natural progression now (especially in Master Mode)! They seemed like a thing that was just kinda there, because reasons, in 1.3.5.
  2. I love the new collection of visual & audio cues, letting the player know that something in the World has changed, without any overload (i.e. NPC Town Music).
  3. I love the small changes to the Overworld. The new, Unique Trees, Flower Vines, Micro-biomes, active Critters & overall liveliness.
  4. I love the new Cooking/ Food Tiers system! I haven't had the chance to use it on a Public Server just yet, but the social implications are obvious!
  5. I love the Zoologist NPC, she's the addition to the game that I didn't know I needed until I considered a Terraria World without her!
  6. I love that trees now drop items! I still hate chopping wood, but at least it's somewhat interesting in 1.4.0!
  7. I really love Pylons! They make pre-Hardmode feel like it has an endgame sorta. There's quite a few things that do that actually.
  8. I love the new, glowing, Underground Moss biomes. I'm still not sure exactly what they do but... they're nice to look at!
  9. I love the overwhelming assortment of Pets in the game. My favorite has to be from the Exotic Chew Toy!
  10. I love the new Relic items in Master Mode, they feel like actual Trophies to me, the old plaques/ racks, never felt very rewarding IMHO.
10 More things I ❤ about Journey's End because I'm Spicy!
  1. The Blade Staff Minions are one of the best additions to the game IMHO! 🔥
  2. Terraria Golf was a brilliant idea, even though I haven't played it yet... I know it's gonna be fun! 🔥
  3. The ability to craft strange, new, Graveyard Biome blocks is also brilliant, even though I haven't done it yet! 🔥
  4. The countdown timer that displays, after you die... thank you! I hated the guessing game, especially in Expert Mode 1.3.5. 🔥
  5. Frog Gear item, thank you! It's one of the other additions that make pre-Hardmode feel as if it has an endgame! 🔥
  6. The newer Mini Events (i.e. Windy Day), really help the other, older Events feel a bit more natural, like Fallen Meteor & Blood Moon. 🔥
  7. The Bestiary is brilliant! 🔥
  8. Guide to Critter Companionship is brilliant! 🔥
  9. Quad-Barrel Shotgun is one of the items I missed, but I love all the Shotguns in this game! pre-Hardmode is better for it! 🔥
  10. All of the newer pre-Hardmode Vanity Items are great! It felt pretty impossible to make a cool-looking Toon before Skeletron, in 1.3.5. 🔥
20200603235601_1.jpg

well...

1. Empress of Light theme is a banger
2. They made the new bosses' AIs really unique
3. NPC happiness encourages unique buildings (though I wish negative happiness was removed, mega-towers can be pretty cool if you do them right)
4. WIND! That effect really adds life and lag in tML once it gets 1.4 to the game!
5. Block. Swap. How. Could. I. Have. Lived. Without. It? WAS I EVEN ALIVE BEFORE 1.4?
6. Pylons make be s p e e d
7. Cracked dungeon bricks (they don't lag or glitch for me so 🤷‍♂️)
8. Amphibian boots do be op (frog gear trash)
9. Graveyard other-evil seeds.
10. Seecret seeds!

1. All the little things that were added to the world. The wind visuals, sounds, the critters, those plants in the lakes, all these things make everything feel more lively. 1.3.5.3 feels... off without them.
  2. Whips are fun to use. Firecracker may be my favourite weapon added in 1.4.
  3. The Toy Tank Mount. I've always been a big fan of the Scutlix Mount, but getting it required a ton of grinding in the Martian Madness. Now we have an alternative to it that it's miles easier to obtain, at the cost of just playing in Master Mode.
  4. Having an official, supported Creative mode with Journey Mode is extremely nice.
  5. Amphibian Boots and Frozen Shield were added to the game after a long time of being highly suggested accessory tinkers. Needless to say these two items are extremely good.
  6. The Balance changes have a ton of thought and care put into them.
  7. Everything about the Empress of Light.
  8. So. Many. New. Food. Items.
  9. Critter Shampoo. I like Dyes.
  10. The ability to "cheat in" recipes for unobtainable items with Graveyards is very creative.
  11. Blood Moon fishing is extremely fun and a super neat way of keeping Blood Moons relevant for the entire game. If only the drop rates weren't so low...
  12. The ability to go into the Settings menu while you are waiting to respawn. It's just so... convenient.
Sadly, I can't think of 8 more :(

Back
Top Bottom