Member-Run Project 3 Day Build Challange

Cabbagera

Terrarian
How much can you build in 3 in-game days and nights?
Here's what I managed to do

IBowzED.png

Day 1. Fresh expert world with a fresh hardcore character, what could go wrong?

Mb48Kru.png

Started slightly too close to the snow biome to my liking, moved a bit to the left.

KIjzqDc.png

Chopped some trees and begun the framework progress, these pesky slimes are getting on my nerves

O1M6Qq1.png

Clearing up some more space, thinking up of the floor pattern in my head.

hNYgiti.png

Adventured eastwards in search of some clay, found some and begun excavations.

lxRw324.png

Grabbing some stone as well.

U4z5gAF.png

House update- still a mess

YVRAR8a.png

Night is setting in, have to collect some wood that I would have at least something to do

19xv7pP.png

I'd say now's the time to run back to safety

cW1AmEZ.png

Got some basics setup in the house, some flooring and I'm out of stone for gray bricks.

rGLBsTD.png

Experimenting with the pattern with dirt, that I would later replace with bricks.

tTsuF4H.png

I think we all know what time it is

3KllMI5.png

Yup. to build a wall! And some platforms there and here because why not
Wait, you thought I was going to go digging? well ok then.

oDa5NLr.png

I do much prefer rope for ascending, but platforms should do the trick for now.

zJMhuAP.png

Going down.

ZmpoOn6.png

Excavating some stone, I guess you could build a basement or something over here later and use up the space, but all I need now is stone.

BYnpN5W.png

Day dawns and the floor is finally complete, replacing most of the wood blocks with gray bricks now.

2qRAzZE.png

I'm out of gray bricks.

jRTtHHq.png

went left, found a desert
Perfect. I needed some sand.

gAHLHvS.png

Well that should be enou-

VeOs9tf.png

OH SWEET JESUS

GOCGVOk.png

Saving and exiting is a feature.

F66mdol.png

Missed some clay here.

oFiYLm8.png

Welp, back to building.

puttL8G.png

Ran out of stone. Again.

i5OphCv.png

Might as well add some windows, oh and do note I made a few bottles, for reasons you'll see in the future...
Oh hey look it's pinkie!

6R6Y6PY.png

Pinkie is no more. Thanks for the 3 gold pinkie!

r49jtmW.png

I'm out of clay.

TORaR5o.png

I found some clay.

Mc548Qf.png

So much clay...

GggIf9I.png

Too much clay.

0nTuTJT.png

Does the clay ever end?

kS01Ei9.png

Hmm the roof looks funny

yECUoT4.png

That's better.

H6GyC2f.png

Had some leftover clay for some FABULOUS clay pots, also added a few windows and the second night rolled in.

Zk7MHEK.png

Having some guests by the door

YkiBagU.png

More excavations

b2Z8Hr0.png

Copper pickaxe doing work

o1Oc9kA.png

Spicing up the walls

qrFYmf4.png

Now that's spicy

zDDQrGa.png

I finally realized I can snapshot without the tunnel

GNlpEIe.png

Time for some star hunting

RIhmXYF.png

May I remind you I'm hardcore? and this is expert mode?

9AWzLmp.png

One thing led to another abnd I'm here (being cornered by 3 eyes, exiting and going back home)
Added some furniture, whatever I could craft really, aka tables, chairs a fireplace and yet to place the chimney

fD5xNEc.png

Collected a total of 3 stars, make them count

jFPR1pa.png

Finally fixed that annoying roof on the right. Added some more decor.

WB4aW2H.png

Oh hey look what a cute chimney

wF6rhsm.png

Ran out of ideas on what to do so I thought I'd go to the dungeon and grab some books.

z85MXUc.png

Ah the infernal insect breeding ground, these beasts could out of that right there hole and hunt me down

mLptkMl.png

:^D

d1hUsHt.png

oh cool, but no time for that I got books to collect.

fClQNXs.png
\
Another pinkie.

26x4GKN.png

well this ain't fair

YwupIFu.png

Welp, she took me forever to beat.

VNybRGn.png

the long pinkie fight reminded me that the dungeon is on the side of the world where the snow biome is. So you can probably guess how I got here (went to spawn)

ToDasXO.png

forgive me for I have sinned.

UhYO0jk.png

Crimson. well this won't be easy.

TvJDht9.png

Nope'd

U74vU3d.png

Aaand here's the finished build, the third day has not eyt finished but I don't think I can do much to improve this, other than work on the basement or something.
The merchant has arrived while I was exploring and with my hard earned 5 gold that I got from brutally murdering two pinkies I bought a mining helmet and an anvil.
U74vU3d.png

3 Days and 2 nights.

Now, I would like to see if anyone could best me, the deadline is 3 days and 3 nights, you have to take pictures of your build at the morning of the fourth day or earlier.
New Character and New world. Doesn't have to be expert mode/hardcore, I just did it for fun.
Any building progress screenshots are always fun (even videos, if you can make those)

This one only took two days, but I did kind of rush to get it done! I'd appreciate pointers, or constructive criticism of... mostly any kind!

Attachments

• Capture 2016-11-27 14_19_04.png
    Capture 2016-11-27 14_19_04.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 625
This one only took two days, but I did kind of rush to get it done! I'd appreciate pointers, or constructive criticism of... mostly any kind!
Oh cool, you found a living wood wand on the first day AND managed to hoard up some mohagony and boreal wood, very nice.
I really love the originality of your build, while most people, including myself, tend to work with more easily accessed blocks, like simple wood or stone.

As for the build, the house itself has an interesting shape, I really love the room in the middle and the usage of platforms and furniture.

But what's missing, to me, is the roof. Perhaps you could shape something interesting with boreal or normal wood, or even better -- seeing that you should already have a leaf wand -- leaves! Building a normal looking roof, like in my build, but with leaves instead.
Another thing that I could comment on is the palette, I feel that there's a bit too much variety in block colors, the wood/stone and gray brick walls stand out too much, I feel like they're ok around the fireplace and chimney, but I wouldn't decorate the whole house with them.

The house also could use a few more windows, and something like -- a ludicrous amount of clay pots -- would really spice the whole house up.

But do take my critique with a grain of salt, I'm no real critic, nor the best when it comes to building, but that's just my look on your build.

Hey guys, just saw this and found it awesome, i will probably be doing a video version of this challenge, however i was wondering if it would be ok to use some of your screenshots at the end to compare and so on, if not that is also fine :)

Hey guys, just saw this and found it awesome, i will probably be doing a video version of this challenge, however i was wondering if it would be ok to use some of your screenshots at the end to compare and so on, if not that is also fine :)
Sure thing! You can use my builds, go ahead!
I would love to see you make a video about this challange, please do post it here when you're done!

Hey thanks!
here's the video:
I really love your choice in music

Well, I would argue that sand bricks aren't the best choice for a house block outside desert, I applaud you for your creativity, well done!
I like how you've done the stairs and very thought out wall placement as well.
Either way, thank you for contributing to this challenge! and featuring my build in your video as well.

I really liked the idea of this, so I tried it.

Capture 2016-12-10 10_21_42.png

A fresh character, styled after Guile, the eyebrow-hating american from Street Fighter.

Capture 2016-12-10 10_24_16.png

I JUST WANTED SOME SAND OKAY?

Capture 2016-12-10 10_24_46.png

rip guile

Capture 2016-12-10 10_26_27.png

Just what the doctor prescribed, a tundra/snow/ice biome!

Capture 2016-12-10 10_28_38.png

This is where my house gets built. How?

Capture 2016-12-10 10_32_10.png

Using supports, of course! I also got ripped apart by slimes. rip

Capture 2016-12-10 10_33_35.png

Strange plant! Not that I use it... buuuuuuuuuuuuut it's still cool!

Capture 2016-12-10 10_34_59.png

Demon eye farm?

Capture 2016-12-10 10_38_07.png

The house is starting to take shape. I've made a basic shape, and added tin brick wall (one of the main wall blocks).

Capture 2016-12-10 10_44_16.png

The first night is mostly over, and so are the first few parts of the build. I like snow bricks, by the way.

Capture 2016-12-10 10_45_09_Ink_LI.jpg

crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmsssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

Capture 2016-12-10 10_49_46.png

A nice balcony that I thought was a patio for some reason.

Capture 2016-12-10 10_55_28.png

I begin work on the third part of the house.

Capture 2016-12-10 11_00_27.png

The second night rolled in, and i finished the third part of my house. I also made another balcony.

Capture 2016-12-10 11_03_01.png

This eye be chillin'.

Capture 2016-12-10 11_05_04.png

Eskimoes. rip

Capture 2016-12-10 11_12_31.png

The third day rolls in, I work on the entrance, and die. rip

Capture 2016-12-10 11_13_28.png

ssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddsssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm...

Capture 2016-12-10 11_15_11.png

I JUST WANTED SOME SAND OKAY? 2: Hot Chase

Capture 2016-12-10 11_16_02.png

Levi be chillin'. (already made that joke...)

Capture 2016-12-10 11_36_28.png

The finished house! I added an ice brick roof, a pillar, and some furniture. Nothing that interesting, though, since i was too afraid of tomb crawlers to get anything from the underground desert, and don't get me started on crimson... Anyway, this was fun, and it made me want to build more, which is always good.

Last edited:
The finished house! I added an ice brick roof, a pillar, and some furniture. Nothing that interesting, though, since i was too afraid of tomb crawlers to get anything from the underground desert, and don't get me started on crimson... Anyway, this was fun, and it made me want to build more, which is always good.
Most Impressive! Really elaborate house you've made there, well done!

Back
Top Bottom