3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that the Eater's Bone is in the game, but the Bone Rattle is not, that's a 1.3 feature.
The Lava Charm is in, and I'm 99% sure that the Ice Skates are also in, but with the lack of an expansive underground Ice biome they are super rare to find.
As far as I know, the only boss masks that we can get are Skeletron and Duke Fishron.

The Dryad's costume and Bass in the ocean things, you would have to ask someone else about. I'm not big on those kinds of things.
Thanks for the details, the costume and bass thing were just stuff I thought to point out, so no big deal really.

@Deanzor Since other have mentioned it again, with the healing orbs from the vampire knives and the spectre armour, (I said it before as well) they don't just come from the left of the screen, they actually come from the left side of the world itself. So standing in the far right of the world will make the healing orbs take a lot longer to arrive to you. Should make it a bit easier to solve knowing where they coming from hopefully

Thanks for the details, the costume and bass thing were just stuff I thought to point out, so no big deal really.
Just to follow up, Ice Skates are in the game. I've found 2 Lava Charms and 1 Ice Skates (that sounds weird.) So it's possible, just takes a few world creations.

Speaking of, shouldn't there be an indicator showing your time left to be in lava much like there is with breath? Neither the Lava Charm or Lava Waders show such a thing.

I've seen some crashes on 3DS and 3DSXL as well as on the New variations.

Also, @Deanzor , have any crashes happened with any devs for 3DS terraria?

The devs don't get the crashes, no. A developer won't have a save game with 40 hours of continuous play on though. They code, they rebuild, and that's a new version. We rely on QA to get us to a point where an issue is reproducible, so that the devs can see if themselves quickly and address it. The QA guys have had *very* occasional crashes. One every few days of constant play rather than multiple in one session. But they appear random, we need them to be reproducible to fix them. What we've never had in this issue where people get a 'crashy' world, and it carries on being unstable after that. That would be easier for us to deal with than the needle in a haystack of these apparently-random, occasional crashes.

But nothing is ever random, we just need to keep looking.

It's hard for us to know how widespread these issues are. At times in here you'd think the code was absolute chaos, and yet when we play it we get tumbleweed and the chirping of crickets. I 100% understand how furious the affected guys are, and we on the dev team are mortified that there are apparently still serious issues. But my apologies solve nothing, and we're doing our best to get to the bottom of it. All help is appreciated from the community, so please keep posting your findings.

I was just thinking about the game and have come up with what I think are the most important things to have in future updates;

Of course, this goes without saying... Priority 1:
No crashes
Bigger Worlds
Online Multiplayer

I know that the devs aren't going to tackle bigger worlds or online multiplayer. So what else could they do?

Personally I'd appreciate Expert mode. The game is way too easy as it is.
Then I'd really like to see the NPCs have the ability to fight enemies.
All the summons would be nice too.

I will think of more, but I think these things would really make the game suck considerably less. What do you think?

Any chances of these appearing in the game, @Deanzor ?

No crashes we're working on.
Bigger worlds would need to be a New 3DS exclusive.
Online multiplayer is under consideration.
Expert mode would mean a manual rebalance of the whole game. Time consuming, but certainly possible.
NPCs to fight: not sure on this one, would need to look into it more
All summons: for New 3DS, possible.

We are working on a new update currently, but we are focused on stability fixes. We can't consider adding stuff like online and bigger worlds until the community agrees the base game stability issues are resolved.

@Deanzor don't get these reported crashes but second never goes by with out me thinking about why. I have noticed on factor that may or may not be useful. I haven't seen anything on the forums saying that there 2ds is having any crashing problems. It may be that maybe no one but me has but I still notice it. I friend, who has many games and dlc on his 2ds, but he doesn't have terraria. Next time I see him, which may be after the next update, I will try to put my version on his 2ds and see if it will crash. If so we may down to something.

@rewdmister4Also, those of you talking about hammering platforms: not being able to create stairs is known. Not a bug, just not yet added. Anything else there?

IMPORTANT QUESTION! When you you do add in stairs, will we have take out all sloped platforms before hand or will you find a way to take them all out of our worlds and replace them with stairs?

IMPORTANT QUESTION! When you you do add in stairs, will we have take out all sloped platforms before hand or will you find a way to take them all out of our worlds and replace them with stairs?

I can only assume you'll have to replace them yourself. I think that's the least one could for all the work devs are doing just to get stairs into the code.

@Deanzor Its just a minor graphical glitch, but when using Tonbogiri it also shows a diagonal line. When using at default position facing left it shows a small white line, when using at default position facing right it shows a long blue line. It is also visible when using at different angles.

Edit: More details; in manual cursor mode the line only appeared, very small, on one particular square up and to the right of my player. Mostly visible in auto cursor mode.

Last edited:
No crashes we're working on.
Bigger worlds would need to be a New 3DS exclusive.
Online multiplayer is under consideration.
Expert mode would mean a manual rebalance of the whole game. Time consuming, but certainly possible.
NPCs to fight: not sure on this one, would need to look into it more
All summons: for New 3DS, possible.

We are working on a new update currently, but we are focused on stability fixes. We can't consider adding stuff like online and bigger worlds until the community agrees the base game stability issues are resolved.
@Deanzor
Have a new 3ds .. had lots of crashes on certain new worlds, seemingly random but happened soon enough that I was able to remake the world and see it was then stable.. Took a few attempts but now i have a bunch of stable worlds so I'm happy enough. Really want expert mode over all other improvements, followed by more items/content.. larger worlds i can/would wait for. Expert mode would give more playability longterm.. online multiplayer not that big of an ask for me, happy with local for now

@rewdmister4 What do you mean by this? Give me a few more details.
When you make an upside down slope like the green tiles are shown in the picture [Exhibit A] and save and exit the world, when you return they won't retain their slope [Exhibit B.] But making an upside down slope in the opposite direction seems to work.
Exhibit A:
fx9DruQ.png
Exhibit B:
JSWkl9n.png

Also, those of you talking about hammering platforms: not being able to create stairs is known. Not a bug, just not yet added. Anything else there?
Prior to the 1.0.3 update, we were able to hammer platforms to sloped angles. They didn't become stairs but they were diagonal. Here's an example, I built this using wood and platforms sloping upwards back before the update. After the update, while there I accidentally blew up a portion. I put the pieces back but due to the new issue, I wasn't able to put them back to their sloped form like the rest of the platforms:
lxVnytb.png

@Deanzor
Have a new 3ds .. had lots of crashes on certain new worlds, seemingly random but happened soon enough that I was able to remake the world and see it was then stable.. Took a few attempts but now i have a bunch of stable worlds so I'm happy enough. Really want expert mode over all other improvements, followed by more items/content.. larger worlds i can/would wait for. Expert mode would give more playability longterm.. online multiplayer not that big of an ask for me, happy with local for now
DEANZOR JUST EXPLAINED EVERYTHING YOU SAID! He is tired of about content. He and his team are focusing on bug fixes, ok?

BTW, can someone confirm the existence of Horned God Vanity? I have done 7 different playthroughs of the game and not once have any Mechanicals dropped a single piece of HG Vanity. I know it has the same drop rate as the Zapinator and all, but i have fought the Twins for like, 3 hours now, and they haven't dropped it. Either I am just unlucky, or I will be forced to wait until 1.0.4.

BTW, can someone confirm the existence of Horned God Vanity? I have done 7 different playthroughs of the game and not once have any Mechanicals dropped a single piece of HG Vanity. I know it has the same drop rate as the Zapinator and all, but i have fought the Twins for like, 3 hours now, and they haven't dropped it. Either I am just unlucky, or I will be forced to wait until 1.0.4.
I don't think the Horned God set is in the game, which is odd considering this is a console version.

Speaking of which, what even is the Zapinator drop rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom