3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard somewhere Terraria for 3DS was rushed for Christmas sales, but I don't think that's true.
It's definitely not true. It's already been made clear, with every version of Terraria, that the playerbase is always going to find issues that the developers don't. Trying to fix everything before release is hopeless. They had finished what they needed to at that point, there's no sense in delaying a game's release for the sole purpose of having it come out when its original decided release date was. "When it's done" has always been Terraria's release policy.
I think it is a bit of both in my opinion. Making game is expensive. Making a game on console that was said to be impossible is stupid expensive. They have to fix bugs for physical copies, which will cost even more to make. So they have two options polish the game before it is sold, which they may miss some bugs and may not afford it, or they could sell it at a good time to sell a game so they can make some money on the game help pay for future updates and make a community for the game to help find any bugs but risk getting bad reviews for releasing an "unpolished" (no offence devs). Since bankruptcy isn't the best option they went for early release. A smart move on there part.

Okay, so it seems that something went completely wrong with my main world, and now every time I try to load it, the game crashes. :/

I hope it isn't lost forever. I store all my ores, weapons and things I farmed for (like those dang trophies) in that world. ;-;

It's not the First time ^^
I'm fu****g unpatient too and want to know how long we have to wait for the update (my terraria is crashing since i got it - may), but he has Kids and Stuff. XD

They HAVE to fix the crashes!
I really dont think that the sd card is the point ^^
But i still have the sd card which was in the 3ds xl from beginning (that lexar 4gb sdhc class 4)
And my crashed soooo f***Ing often ^^
In Multiplayer like all 10-15 min (one of us)

Hey dude.... Chilllllllll... You kind of rant a lot about what they must fix and everything, the fact is, it isn't going to make it any faster, just be patient.

Plus, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Okay, so it seems that something went completely wrong with my main world, and now every time I try to load it, the game crashes. :/

I hope it isn't lost forever. I store all my ores, weapons and things I farmed for (like those dang trophies) in that world. ;-;

Make sure to update us on that, most of us have a dedicated least one "treasure chest" world on which we store everything, so a bug of this magnitude and whith these implications is certainly worthy of our attention and that of the developers.

Hey dude.... Chilllllllll... You kind of rant a lot about what they must fix and everything, the fact is, it isn't going to make it any faster, just be patient.

As much as I agree with you that overly expressing your discontent isn't going to make developers magically bugbust faster, I *do* understand where he's coming from. As I've stated before, I get it. I'm a PC gamer, I'm used to work in progress, and I'm sure the bugs will be fixed eventually.

But for a general consumer, if you pay €20 bucks for a console game, it seems fair you get to enjoy it the moment you do so, not "be patient until it's playable", preferably without causing too much of a kerfuffle. Keep in mind, these aren't minor rough edges we are talking about here, these are bugs that can make the game practically unplayable in a reasonable way. The game's release should've been when it was playable, and frankly, there is no excuse for that.

I understand the developers are working very hard on fixing these issues, but to the paying customer, that is hardly an excuse.

EDIT: I also believe that English is not his native language, therefor I believe his frustration might probably seem less subtle than originally intended.

Last edited:

Of course ^^
I want it fast, but i know how Programmers work.
I dont think they should do it faster - I think that should Not had happend (is that sentence right? Sounds wrong xD)
But i want to know how long i have to wait... Or how far they are n Stuff

And if the crashes finally stop, it's absolutly worth :)

As with the PS Vita it was inevitable that crashes would eventually occur. Being due to a lack of processing power in RAM what's most likely going on is similar to if not the same as how Ps Vita had crashing issues. Sadly that means this version may or may not get much further than it is in updates.

I need help. I haven't seen anything in this thread on it, and I can't find anything when I google it.

Whenever I use a hammer to change a block shape and then go back into my world later, some blocks will stay as I changed them, but many are back to the original square shape. I've tried different worlds but the problem keeps happening. Any help is greatly appreciated

I need help. I haven't seen anything in this thread on it, and I can't find anything when I google it.

Whenever I use a hammer to change a block shape and then go back into my world later, some blocks will stay as I changed them, but many are back to the original square shape. I've tried different worlds but the problem keeps happening. Any help is greatly appreciated

Well, first off, it seems a hearty welcome to the forum is in order!

There are, at the moment, some bugs that the developers are working on. This is a known problem, that I too have encountered.

I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but from my experience, it seems as if this problem only persists in slopes from one specific direction. For example, when I build a symmetric structure with a sloped roof, one side of this roof is affected upon save/exit/reload, and the other is not.

EDIT: I believe this should be a bug that users and developers should easily be able to reproduce, as, for me, it has occurred in every single character, in every single world, in every single structure using these smooth slopes.

Last edited:
Well, first off, it seems a hearty welcome to the forum is in order!

There are, at the moment, some bugs that the developers are working on. This is a known problem, that I too have encountered.

I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but from my experience, it seems as if this problem only persists in slopes from one specific direction. For example, when I build a symmetric structure with a sloped roof, one side of this roof is affected upon save/exit/reload, and the other is not.

EDIT: I believe this should be a bug that users and developers should easily be able to reproduce, as, for me, it has occurred in every single character, in every single world, in every single structure using these smooth slopes.

Thanks for the help! =)

Update on my world loading crashing issue.

It seems it's two of my worlds that it's happening to, and both of them were sort of my main ones (one was for storing stuff and the other was the one I made progress on).
Did a google search and it seems I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was even led back to an earlier page of this thread so it isn't new.
Repairing software option on the eshop did nothing. Neither did using a different character to play in those worlds. Other worlds work fine so I dunno what the issue could be. :/

It seems it's two of my worlds that it's happening to, and both of them were sort of my main ones (one was for storing stuff and the other was the one I made progress on).
Did a google search and it seems I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was even led back to an earlier page of this thread so it isn't new.
Repairing software option on the eshop did nothing. Neither did using a different character to play in those worlds. Other worlds work fine so I dunno what the issue could be. :/

That really sounds like a rough patch... This is definitely an example of a fullblown gamebreaking bug, compared to the nuisance that is the crash-to-home bug.

Do you have a digital copy or a cartridge version?

EDIT: Obviously the digital copy, must've read over that. I was hoping you had a cartridge version so you could check out what would happen if you'd transfer the cartridge and SD card, since I believe that is where the savegames are stored, to another 3DS, to see what happens.

What, however, still could be interesting, is to see what happens if you were to somehow acquire another, preferably larger, SD card, and to copy the data from the first SD card to the second. Load the second SD card into your 3DS and try again. Curious to see if the SD card might be to blame.

Last edited:
Just adding my +1 here, my main world just stopped loading. I am not deleting it in hopes that a patch may reawaken it.. But I had just discovered titanium, so big bummer losing mythrill anvil, and Titanium forge.. And all my ores.. And countless drops..

Still have my character at least!

Should have kept more stuff in the piggy bank I guess...

Eshop download version BTW.

Just adding my +1 here, my main world just stopped loading. I am not deleting it in hopes that a patch may reawaken it.. But I had just discovered titanium, so big bummer losing mythrill anvil, and Titanium forge.. And all my ores.. And countless drops..

From one terrarian to another, I have also encountered that glitch as well, over 5 times actually. Its been at least over a month since I last encountered it, but better be safe then sorry. I recommend that until a definite fix is found, you store all items of importance and what you want to keep in a safe and piggy bank, each item has their own universal storage. If you run out of room, just go ahead and make another character, get them a piggy bank and safe, and BOOM! World lost proof storage. (At least until you exhaust storage across all 6 character slots lol)

Trust me we know about the crashing. It has been there since 1.0.1. We don't know the cause. There are many theory and the only one that was said to have worked was replacing there 4gb sd card to 16gb sd card. The devs have been hard at work on it for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks and still, as far as we know, haven't found the problem yet because they can't recreate a crash for the live of them.

Heck, even I have been trying to see if I can recreate the crashes at all, but my game just doesn't crash no matter what I do, how long I play for, ignore saving, trying to create as much AI to run around on the screen at once, kill every boss, mine as much as I can, leave as many items on the floor as possible, create a giant lag spike by forcing a giant ocean (and more) to fall all way to hell, use the hammer glitch, blow as much stuff up as possible...

Pretty much the only thing I can test next is to revert back to an older/worse SD card

This happened to 2 of my worlds. I name my worlds World, World 2, and so on. My first one, World, got corrupted. Went to Miiverse for help, they told me to go to eShop and repair (digital copy). Didn't work(had just gotten to hardmode), so I made World 2. Corrupted when I was ready for mechanical bosses. Next, made Re:World2 a month ago. Hasn't gotten corrupted since.

Gonna start rebuilding my world in case my old ones are gone forever. Time to get to farming.

Question: Are King Slime and Eater of Worlds drops working properly? I've tried dozens of times but I still have not gotten their trophies. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom